Charging Station

Or just get wallbox pulsar or pulsar plus. Because I plan to get Fisker Ocean extreme in addition to Derek Jenkins spec pure and I expect delivery of Fisker perhaps in July I will wait. Both Fisker and lucid are v2h capable. Fisker is 400v 110kwh 350 mile awd it seems vs pre 88kwh 700v+ 50A. Ideally a single inverter which takes 400v to 700? DC and outputs 240V 2 phase 100A can almost power my entire house if the sustained max is 20000watts and peak 25000 watts. I may get wallbox only to use 2 of them limited to less than 40A to charge 2 cars 5kw each for 10 hrs.

I got my LHCS unit install today by my electrician. The unit is receiving power. But the front face plate light is not showing up and also i am not able to see the unit in my network too (wifi as well as wired). When i connected to the car for charging it kept saying preparing to charge and didn't move from that state for more than 1 min. Is there something wrong in installation? Have you encountered this before? if so, how did you overcome this?

I got my LHCS unit install today by my electrician. The unit is receiving power. But the front face plate light is not showing up and also i am not able to see the unit in my network too (wifi as well as wired). When i connected to the car for charging it kept saying preparing to charge and didn't move from that state for more than 1 min. Is there something wrong in installation? Have you encountered this before? if so, how did you overcome this?
I have the LHCS but have not installed it yet. So no direct experience. Did you ever see any charging status indicators (LED lights) on the unit when you powered up? Page 20 and 21 of the manual provides the status indicators. I think you should have seen white LED flashing at startup. Then going solid at 10% intensity. If you powered cycled (at the breaker) the unit you have to wait 15 minutes before it is ready for charging (Page 24 of manual). The wifi setup is suppose to be completed within 15 minutes of powering up. Please update this thread on how you resolve this issue.

The electrician should have plugged the connector that comes out of the LHCS's main body into the receptacle on the front face PCB. He probably forgot. It's easy enough to do yourself, except for getting the outer lid off, which is difficult. And be sure to turn off the circuit breaker first. See the LHCS user manual for how to plug in the connector and set up wifi.

The electrician should have plugged the connector that comes out of the LHCS's main body into the receptacle on the front face PCB. He probably forgot. It's easy enough to do yourself, except for getting the outer lid off, which is difficult. And be sure to turn off the circuit breaker first. See the LHCS user manual for how to plug in the connector and set up wifi.
Thanks. But i checked before closing the faceplate that the connector is connected to the faceplate cover (not the black one on top, but the white where the CB is attached). Still it doesn't seem to work.

I have the LHCS but have not installed it yet. So no direct experience. Did you ever see any charging status indicators (LED lights) on the unit when you powered up? Page 20 and 21 of the manual provides the status indicators. I think you should have seen white LED flashing at startup. Then going solid at 10% intensity. If you powered cycled (at the breaker) the unit you have to wait 15 minutes before it is ready for charging (Page 24 of manual). The wifi setup is suppose to be completed within 15 minutes of powering up. Please update this thread on how you resolve this issue.
Thanks. I missed the 15 mins part. I am able to connect to wifi and ethernet and the status shows connected. But the cloud tab seems to be not connected yet even though i have used the same user id as my lucid id.

Thanks. I missed the 15 mins part. I am able to connect to wifi and ethernet and the status shows connected. But the cloud tab seems to be not connected yet even though i have used the same user id as my lucid id.
Can you access the unit on your home network by entering its IP address into a browser window?
Also, did you say that the unit never lights up? It should flash white while booting, then change to solid white and stay on.

Can you access the unit on your home network by entering its IP address into a browser window?
Also, did you say that the unit never lights up? It should flash white while booting, then change to solid white and stay on.
I was able to once. Now i see in my AP list the device is offline. I may need to restart at the circuit breaker level i guess. I have attached the pics here during the last connection status.
Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 5.20.14 PM.png
IMG_4548.jpeg

I would open up your unit to ensure the plate is for sure connected securely.
+1 for @hydbob 's suggestion - the LUCID logo should be illuminated at all times after the ~2 minute flashing startup period.

TIP for anyone having a charging station of any brand hardwired: a few charging stations (Lucid, Tesla) allow conduit entry from top, bottom, or back side. But most only allow conduit entry from back or bottom. For the greatest ease in replacing/upgrading your charging station in the future, have the electrician route the new conduit for bottom entry.

General query here - I’m making do with a Tesla HPWC (High Power Wall Charger with a maximum amperage setting of 72 amps, the kind of charger Tesla stopped selling several years ago), and a TeslaTap adaptor. I just can’t justify dropping $2000 for another home charging purchase and setup, when the one I’ve got right now seems to be working just fine.

Is my Tesla/TeslaTap setup feasible over the longterm?

General query here - I’m making do with a Tesla HPWC (High Power Wall Charger with a maximum amperage setting of 72 amps, the kind of charger Tesla stopped selling several years ago), and a TeslaTap adaptor. I just can’t justify dropping $2000 for another home charging purchase and setup, when the one I’ve got right now seems to be working just fine.

Is my Tesla/TeslaTap setup feasible over the longterm?
If your TeslaTap doesn't get excessively warm while charging your car, and both its connectors seem to fit well, I'd quietly keep using it.

When you setup the wifi on the Lucid Home charger, can you setup with an iPad and Safari or Chrome browser. Do I have to use laptop?

When you setup the wifi on the Lucid Home charger, can you setup with an iPad and Safari or Chrome browser. Do I have to use laptop?
I think any device will work fine if you use the Chrome browser. Some have reported that Safari doesn't work. I used an Android phone and a Chromebook, both with Chrome, both worked well.

I would open up your unit to ensure the plate is for sure connected securely.
I just opened the unit up today and taken some pics. Attaching here. If someone spots something please let me know. BTW, i am able to connect to the unit through my AP IP. I have ethernet, wifi and cloud all showing connected status on the page.
IMG_4555.jpeg
IMG_4554.jpeg
IMG_4553.jpeg
IMG_4552.jpeg
IMG_4551.jpeg
IMG_4550.jpeg

Connectors seem mated. Odd that the front panel lights aren't working.

Connectors seem mated. Odd that the front panel lights aren't working.
I contacted the customer support and they are sending me another unit now. My electrician was saying that the way they have designed this it is making installation difficult as the CT is projecting out and making the closure of the cover difficult. Also he stated that the wires seems to be gauge 6 (by the thickness of it) and it should be gauge 4 for 80amps rating.

What is CT?
Current transformer. There is one inside the EVSE used to detect ground fault currents, and another to detect load current (the current going to the vehicle). The wire gauge and type used inside equipment does not follow the same rules as home and commercial building wiring.

Back