Charging Station

It’s lighter than my Wallbox Pulsar Plus cable, fwiw.
Yes, I have Wallbox too. The cable really feels like standard gas station dispenser tube, gauge and weight. I like it.

Lucid's cable weight is a side effect of 100-amp circuit capability. If you don't need bidirectional (V2H) charging or to achieve the car's maximum 80 amp charge rate, there's no need to buy Lucid's beautiful beast of an EVSE. Our Chargepoint Home Flex has a light cable that's closer in feel to a shop compressed air line than an 80-amp charger's loaded garden hose. It also has a nice connector with a great "click" when engaged, and there's a built-in swiveling holster that works very well.
Chargepoint Home Flex.jpg

Attachments

• Lucid charger.jpg
    Lucid charger.jpg
    750.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Miracle Rays.jpg
    Miracle Rays.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 93
A basic question on the 100A installation. I got a quote of ~$7K to run a 100A circuit to the main panel from garage and install the unit. The total distance between is between 90 to 100 ft. Is that normal?

I just had a 60 amp circuit with 110-120 feet of wire installed for $2150. Two guys, five hours of labor.

I can't see the cost of the thicker wire for a 100 amp circuit costing that much more.

I just had a 60 amp circuit with 110-120 feet of wire installed for $2150. Two guys, five hours of labor.

I can't see the cost of the thicker wire for a 100 amp circuit costing that much more.
Did you have to do anything special with your circuit box?

Lucid's cable weight is a side effect of 100-amp circuit capability. If you don't need bidirectional (V2H) charging or to achieve the car's maximum 80 amp charge rate, there's no need to buy Lucid's beautiful beast of an EVSE. Our Chargepoint Home Flex has a light cable that's closer in feel to a shop compressed air line than an 80-amp charger's loaded garden hose. It also has a nice connector with a great "click" when engaged, and there's a built-in swiveling holster that works very well.
View attachment 6191
Nice clean installation. Why did you install over wooden base instead of onto one of the studs?

Nice clean installation. Why did you install over wooden base instead of onto one of the studs?
Thanks! After I'd finished I realized I could've done it nicer, but my wife was happy with the result (it's for her car). This location was a short wall with no studs where I wanted to mount the charger. Had to do the same with my Lucid charger on another wall.

I just completely replaced my home network - new router/wifi APs(Google Nest Pro 6E) and switches (Netgear) replacing Unifi hardware. I am able to see my Lucid EVSE on my home wifi network, and gave it a reserved IP address on my router so that I could easily find it later. I can see on the EVSE's status page (using 192.168.5.1 at the "serial number" setup network) that the EVSE has accepted my home network and DHCP reserved-address. But typing the unit's IP address into a browser gives a timeout error. Can't ping it either. Seems odd because the unit has a rudimentary web inteface available on 192.168.5.1. I had exactly the same result with my old Unifi network hardware. Wondering if it is supposed to only be accessed by REST api or similar instead.

Thanks for the information. I am trying to find more quotes for the install to do comparison. I am also planning to reach qmerit again to see if they any other installers they would recommend.

I just completely replaced my home network - new router/wifi APs(Google Nest Pro 6E) and switches (Netgear) replacing Unifi hardware. I am able to see my Lucid EVSE on my home wifi network, and gave it a reserved IP address on my router so that I could easily find it later. I can see on the EVSE's status page (using 192.168.5.1 at the "serial number" setup network) that the EVSE has accepted my home network and DHCP reserved-address. But typing the unit's IP address into a browser gives a timeout error. Can't ping it either. Seems odd because the unit has a rudimentary web inteface available on 192.168.5.1. I had exactly the same result with my old Unifi network hardware. Wondering if it is supposed to only be accessed by REST api or similar instead.
I can definitely access the web interface on its IP on my network.

I can definitely access the web interface on its IP on my network.
Hmm. Would you happen to know what network firmware version your unit is on? Mine is on 01.01.21, Safety version 02.14.51

Hmm. Would you happen to know what network firmware version your unit is on? Mine is on 01.01.21, Safety version 02.14.51
Network FW version : 01.01.21

Safety FW version : 02.14.51

Network FW version : 01.01.21

Safety FW version : 02.14.51
Thank you - it's so strange. Maybe on a rainy day I'll temporarily hardwire it and see if that works.

I just had a 90' run installed, 60a, with difficulty, through a convoluted attic. #4 gauge wire.
Installed a ChargePoint Flex
$2800, 6 hours, two guys.

Just for reference, I got 60A installation of 25 ft on a full 200A box using Lucid recommended QMeric. That cost me $2200. I was told the price is higher than in the past as Houston has many installation in their pipeline queue. Anyway, YMMV.
Do you know what gauge wire they used?

You have to cut a cable to see what inside. Is it all copper, is it solid or braided wire. I'm sure there are other factors that play a role in the final thickness. When my electrician was doing install I was shocked how the wire didn't appear that much thicker from 50a, 60a, 80a and 100a.
Hello ! I have purchased the Lucid Home Charger and it's expected to ship after 30 Nov, 22. I haven't found information regarding the size of the compression lugs needed to hardwire the required 2AWG & 8AWG wires to the 100 amp circuit breaker. Would you please post the proper compression lug sizes. Thank you

Hello ! I have purchased the Lucid Home Charger and it's expected to ship after 30 Nov, 22. I haven't found information regarding the size of the compression lugs needed to hardwire the required 2AWG & 8AWG wires to the 100 amp circuit breaker. Would you please post the proper compression lug sizes. Thank you
Just received my Lucid Home Charger. I plan to have an electrician run new circuit and install. Just want to confirm the parts that are needed for installation. The electrician needs the mounting screws and anchors for the mounting bracket. Also need 3 compression lugs and heat shrink for the input power lines. I will use wifi. The ethernet grommet is NOT needed? Anything else. Thanks

He'll need 3 compression lugs to fit a 1/4" screw. Ethernet grommet isn't needed if you are using WiFi. Bottom conduit entry is best.

Back