Charging port cover

EVCar

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
GT
I'm in Az where dust/sand storms are not uncommon and I'd been interested in getting a cover for the charging port for more protection against the elements .
Audi EVs actually have something along this line but it costs $60 or close to that.
I found a generic cover on Ebay from someone with a 3D printer for $15.

Attachments

• Charger port.jpg
    Charger port.jpg
    552.5 KB · Views: 138
I'm in Az where dust/sand storms are not uncommon and I'd been interested in getting a cover for the charging port for more protection against the elements .
Audi EVs actually have something along this line but it costs $60 or close to that.
I found a generic cover on Ebay from someone with a 3D printer for $15.
I don't think that fits in the Air because of the way the door slides up and in to cover the port. I bought a 3d printed bottom cover for the DC portion of the charge port, but it only works when it's exposed otherwise the cover won't close.

On the EQS, this goes in all the way in and is kind of flush with the panel (sticking out by only the thickness of the cover).

Hello, where did you buy the 3d printed dc bottom port cover? Can't find anything online.

Hello, where did you buy the 3d printed dc bottom port cover? Can't find anything online.

The guy that I bought this from was just a freelancer on eBay. I'd found him while perusing another EV forum.
Looks like he's no longer active on eBay.
For Lucid, I would need to do some modification, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Hyundai EVs did come with these covers the last time I checked.

Last edited:
Back