charging curve when using LCHCS

coma24

Cars
Honda S2K, Subaru Outbk
DCFC aside, if you're using a Level 2 charger (9.6kw/h or 19.2kwh/h), do the charging curves come into play in any way, shape or form, or are you able to charge at the stated rate all the way to 100% if desired?

I only ask because on the rare instances where I intend to leave the house with 100% charge, it'd be nice to know if I can predict how long that will take on a reliable basis.

DCFC aside, if you're using a Level 2 charger (9.6kw/h or 19.2kwh/h), do the charging curves come into play in any way, shape or form, or are you able to charge at the stated rate all the way to 100% if desired?

I only ask because on the rare instances where I intend to leave the house with 100% charge, it'd be nice to know if I can predict how long that will take on a reliable basis.
Yes the charging will slow down at around 99%.

Excellent, thanks. I should've added, if the curve has it dropping to less than 19.2 or 9.6kw/h as it approaches 100%, then I understand it will drop at that point. I was just ensuring that prior to that point, it will chug along at whatever the charger can put out.

There is no curve in level 2. It will do the full kw allowed by level 2 until 100%. Your Lucid app will also tell you when it is estimated to finish charging.

Back