Ceramic coating, window tinting, and wraps

Thank you…the cost depends on the treatment (number of layers/length of warranty) from about $700. And up.
The absolute best most amazing ceramic car coating is the new ceramic pro ion coat, I’ve had other cars, ceramic coated before and nothing compares to this. It’s a whole new process. It’s the most amazing hard shell shine I’ve ever seen. I’ve been driving around with it now for a week and it doesn’t get dirty. Nothing comes close to sticking to it.

The absolute best most amazing ceramic car coating is the new ceramic pro ion coat, I’ve had other cars, ceramic coated before and nothing compares to this. It’s a whole new process. It’s the most amazing hard shell shine I’ve ever seen. I’ve been driving around with it now for a week and it doesn’t get dirty. Nothing comes close to sticking to it.

Attachments

• EE44DC4B-F4FA-4F61-897E-2A637BDD56AA.jpeg
    EE44DC4B-F4FA-4F61-897E-2A637BDD56AA.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 151
I watched the You Tube segment on Cosmic Cruz’s treatment and notice they applied the coating on the canopy on the outside. In another thread, Bus Driver speaks of his installation as being on the interior. Why the difference?

No, that wasn’t me. Though I hasten to add that after my cousin bought our Tesla Model S from us, she did have ceramic coating applied on the “ultra white”, vegan leather seats. She was afraid that the dye from her jeans would rub off on the seats so she had it done as a protective measure.

That was over a year ago. From what I’ve seen of her car as recently as last week, it seems to be working. No blue jean dye on ultra white seats.

No, that wasn’t me. Though I hasten to add that after my cousin bought our Tesla Model S from us, she did have ceramic coating applied on the “ultra white”, vegan leather seats. She was afraid that the dye from her jeans would rub off on the seats so she had it done as a protective measure.

That was over a year ago. From what I’ve seen of her car as recently as last week, it seems to be working. No blue jean dye on ultra white seats.
Here’s what I read. Maybe I misunderstood.
Post in thread 'Glass Canopy: To Tint or Not to Tint'
https://lucidowners.com/threads/glass-canopy-to-tint-or-not-to-tint.2451/post-123451

Here’s what I read. Maybe I misunderstood.
Post in thread 'Glass Canopy: To Tint or Not to Tint'
https://lucidowners.com/threads/glass-canopy-to-tint-or-not-to-tint.2451/post-123451

Ah…I think you did misunderstand, or I misunderstood what was being discussed. That particular post was about my tinting the glass canopy. I thought what was being discussed here was the application of ceramic coatings. On that subject I’ve only had ceramic coatings applied to the exterior of my cars, never the interiors.

Got full car XPEL Ultimate Plus Paint Protective Film and then coated with XPEL Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating, and 20% XPEL Prime XR plus Nano-Ceramic Film! Total cost around $8k but after seeing final product it was well worth the cost! The additional chrome delete was an extra $1600 to get the pesudo stealth look! Getting a lot of head turns!

Attachments

• FC9F0399-B974-4005-A224-C746B3D958D0.jpeg
    FC9F0399-B974-4005-A224-C746B3D958D0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 136
  • AA7B0541-F6D1-4A2C-908D-D9D75098AF41.jpeg
    AA7B0541-F6D1-4A2C-908D-D9D75098AF41.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 141
  • 8FE042A7-E3F5-4798-A7BE-5B44C9689F90.jpeg
    8FE042A7-E3F5-4798-A7BE-5B44C9689F90.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 140
Got full car XPEL Ultimate Plus Paint Protective Film and then coated with XPEL Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating, and 20% XPEL Prime XR plus Nano-Ceramic Film! Total cost around $8k but after seeing final product it was well worth the cost! The additional chrome delete was an extra $1600 to get the pesudo stealth look! Getting a lot of head turns!

I dig the PPF and the nano-ceramic film et al. I really like it! The car gleams like a Romanov Dynasty ruby necklace.

I can do without the chrome delete.

The windshield is great. The side windows had a decent bit of glare for me, so I tinted them with 35% 3M Ceramic IR. Zero issues.
You're in CA, correct? Any pushback on vehicle inspection? I'm looking at tinting laws and considering the 35% 3M ceramic IR as well, but CA laws seem to frown upon light transmittance below 70% for the front side windows. Anticipating the Palm Springs sun will roast this car interior otherwise....

You're in CA, correct? Any pushback on vehicle inspection? I'm looking at tinting laws and considering the 35% 3M ceramic IR as well, but CA laws seem to frown upon light transmittance below 70% for the front side windows. Anticipating the Palm Springs sun will roast this car interior otherwise....
EVs don't need inspections in CA. :)

Also, in case you're really worried, there are plenty of solutions like this: https://forevertint.com/legal-tint-exemption/

CA allows for medical exemptions for tint, and it's not very hard to get a letter from a doctor of yours; even if you have trouble with that, just use an online service like the one linked above. I have never used it, so can't vouch for them (and don't know the cost), but I can't imagine a single quick phone call costs very much. I assume it's quite like the extreme difficulty that exists with getting a medical marijuana card. :p

Last edited:
They don't need inspection in MD either... I was wondering about the inspection question

Also, in case you're really worried, there are plenty of solutions like this: https://forevertint.com/legal-tint-exemption/

CA allows for medical exemptions for tint, and it's not very hard to get a letter from a doctor of yours; even if you have trouble with that, just use an online service like the one linked above. I have never used it, so can't vouch for them (and don't know the cost), but I can't imagine a single quick phone call costs very much. I assume it's quite like the extreme difficulty that exists with getting a medical marijuana card. :p
It’s $129. I just signed up to see the cost.

fantastic!

Anyone who got their windshield replaced because of the metallic coating - is it worth doing? I'm getting close to getting tints this weekend and I need to decide if I should postpone and get the windshield replaced or not. I do see a cutout (hard to see) on the bottom right corner of the windshield, the placement is awful for Fastrak transponder so I'm leaning towards replacing the windshield but just wanted to know if there are any downsides to replacing it.

For PPF: cut holes for the sensors, and it works fine. Apply ceramic on top of the PPF.

For tinting, no issues; use a good Ceramic IR or Crystalline. It already blocks toll transponders anyway, due to the windshield tint, except for a small window at the passenger side on the bottom (which is honestly very inconvenient and annoying placement).

Basically: get a reputable shop to do it and you’ll have no issues, provided you cut out holes for the sensors.
You can put your toll transponder on the rear window right next to the rear brake light. It works perfectly. This way it’s not an ugly eyesore in the lower right hand corner.

Anyone who got their windshield replaced because of the metallic coating - is it worth doing? I'm getting close to getting tints this weekend and I need to decide if I should postpone and get the windshield replaced or not. I do see a cutout (hard to see) on the bottom right corner of the windshield, the placement is awful for Fastrak transponder so I'm leaning towards replacing the windshield but just wanted to know if there are any downsides to replacing it.
My mini transponder is affixed and centered under my cockpit panel. I used this cover and kit someone here recommended. The transponder is completely hidden and works great.

So, I scheduled a reliable company to do a ceramic treatment but wanted to check with Lucid. Spoke with Customer Care and they said its not approved and they expressed concern it could interfere with the technology. 14 cameras, LIDAR, etc. Especially tint applied to the inside of glass.

They agreed that if you only applied ceramic to the just the paint it should be okay, but big hesitation about window tinting or any other treatments or wraps. Any thoughts about that?
I know I am replying to the first post of an 8 page thread so I apologize if this has been covered. It sounds to me like Lucid is trying to set up an excuse to deny a warranty claim on the paint.

My mini transponder is affixed and centered under my cockpit panel. I used this cover and kit someone here recommended. The transponder is completely hidden and works great.

This is the way. Sadly California owners have searched far and wide and a skin doesn’t yet exist for their transponder. ☹️. But mine is like yours, under the back of the cockpit and invisible.

Back