CarPlay is here! - Megathread

The top screen would just take some of the metadata for directions and music and display them in similar ways that say… Bluetooth does with music. It definitely wouldn’t make the area non touch based. It would just have limited data and controls that could be displayed using Lucid’s current UI. Directions would likely just be turn by turn information and you can’t perform a search in the top screen. Music would have playback controls.
Okay. Good to know. If they can do touch playback controls up top in their own native style that talk back to CarPlay, so that you could retain high-quality streaming over WiFi, rather than Bluetooth only, honestly I wouldn’t care if the main CarPlay interface were on the pilot panel at that point. The only other trick, then, would be navigation. I’d still want some sort of nav view up top, even if you had to control it from the bottom.

Things like messages and other apps being down below are less of a concern for me.

Okay. Good to know. If they can do touch playback controls up top in their own native style that talk back to CarPlay, so that you could retain high-quality streaming over WiFi, rather than Bluetooth only, honestly I wouldn’t care if the main CarPlay interface were on the pilot panel at that point. The only other trick, then, would be navigation. I’d still want some sort of nav view up top, even if you had to control it from the bottom.

Things like messages and other apps being down below are less of a concern for me.
Here’s another interesting take:

I couldn't get it working properly with CarPlay when test driving. It's definitely integrated more than what i've seen in other cars but the navigation didn't seem to EV route plan properly. You could search for chargers using the category it adds but it actually didn't seem like it could work out your range and add the chargers in automatically. Still needed manual intervention. Maybe you need to set it somewhere in your phone or in the car to do it but I wasn't impressed with the i4 when I test drove it. As much as people complain about the Lucid software being laggy, zooming in and out on the i4's navigation was laggy also.

This is how fake news gets started. Someone photoshopped an image which goes viral. I bet the person is laughing at all the media picked it up without verifying.

Lucid should take advantage of center screen that has the largest display area. I never understood why Lucid did not copy the Taycan. I would rather see the maps in the center display than see a needle swing back and forth to let me know if the car is accelerating or decelerating.

Lucid should take advantage of center screen that has the largest display area. I never understood why Lucid did not copy the Taycan. I would rather see the maps in the center display than see a needle swing back and forth to let me know if the car is accelerating or decelerating.
The map is supposed to be where the Air logo is

Here's another pic from the same user

CEB67785-8-FC2-4-F92-9275-5286-DAEA927-F.png

So now you believe him?
Well, if he photoshopped it he went through an awful lot of effort including posting his emails and such from the event. If it's fake, that is dedication. Either way, doesn't matter to me! Apple sucks!

Well, if he photoshopped it he went through an awful lot of effort including posting his emails and such from the event. If it's fake, that is dedication. Either way, doesn't matter to me! Apple sucks!
I am super trusting, so I always believed him, plus his Reddit posting history didn't make it look like he was someone trying to fool people.

I feel for the guy, everyone is calling him a fake.

I am super trusting, so I always believed him, plus his Reddit posting history didn't make it look like he was someone trying to fool people.

I feel for the guy, everyone is calling him a fake.
I guess that means Lucid has reached a point where it's newsworthy? Glad he posted some more pictures to show it on the pilot panel!

Maybe folks should quite trying to make the Internet a popularity contest and posting to get “likes.”

It looks photoshopped. Look closely at the corners of the carplay border. The corners are rounded then you see black triangles as it is cut and pasted.

To me, its not real. Someone is joking.....
So I just saw the CarPlay sneak peek and thought of this thread. I was going to post a picture here and also comment that I think it looks completely photo shopped. But not to my surprise, you guys are on it! Dozens and dozens of posts that seem to agree with me it looks photo shopped. Of course we can still 🤞

It could be a beta version they have on a test vehicle, its a bit odd it would be accessible by a user, however.

The ios 15< version of Carplay would likely look like that, every car I've ever used it on does not permit "car provided" images at the same time as carplay, so I don't think there is anything Lucid could do with that version to make it not look ugly with the basic rectangle.

THAT SAID,

With ios 16+ they should be able to fill the whole space, at the bare minimum. We need this guy to go back with a phone running ios16 beta. It would be interesting if Lucid is already implementing with that SDK, or they are using the old SDK. (The only way to know would be to plug in a phone running the new OS)

Back