CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Here here
I agree that the car is fantastic and not having CarPlay currently is not a reason to cancel an order. I just wish we could get a straight answer from top management on this issue. I guess I don't understand why communication is so difficult??

I mean, I bought a car that had no cruise control, took 60-90 seconds to fully boot, had multiple errors on almost every drive, and for a brief period needed a reset everytime before I drove it to work...yes, different strokes for different folks!

My opinion is Lucid got the "hard" things right, and totally fucked up the easy things. Unlock/Lock, homelink, Park distance. Easy, and a f...ing disaster on the Lucid. Yes, I can drive the Lucid and try and ignore the shortfalls, when I go on a business trip and a Camry or an Outlander does all these things the Lucid sucks at perfectly, I wonder, why? Is the right person in charge of the fixes?

I guess I’m missing the true value of CarPlay. I have it in my existing car and only use it for Spotify. I use Audi’s navigation, route planner and traffic because it’s integrated into the car, virtual cockpit and HUD which CarPlay doesn’t do. So for me, If Spotify makes its way to the Lucid system I couldn’t give a crap if CarPlay comes to the car or not.

Cancelling an order over no CarPlay though………seems drastic

I guess I’m missing the true value of CarPlay. I have it in my existing car and only use it for Spotify. I use Audi’s navigation, route planner and traffic because it’s integrated into the car, virtual cockpit and HUD which CarPlay doesn’t do. So for me, If Spotify makes its way to the Lucid system I couldn’t give a crap if CarPlay comes to the car or not.

I don’t have a Spotify sub - but Spotify is one of the apps you can link to the lucid (as in it has an app you can connect to your account etc - again no Spotify sub)

Spotify works great as long as you have strong signal!

I don't know the Audi system. Car Play / Android auto is about you having all the information on a devise you are intimately familiar with. With wireless CarPlay if some texts me a location, I can get in the car and have it on the nav without doing anything. My wife loves her Lexus 350GS, but without Carplay she prefers anything with CarPlay. Phone car integration is very important to a lot of people.

I was speaking with Headquarters Sales Advisor to firm up the order for the Grand Touring and my concern about missing Apple CarPlay.

He said no problem, we have CarPlay and Android Auto so no issues...
Can anyone confirm that this is existing functionality or just vaporware? If it exists, I would love to see how that looks on screen.
Apple Play is not available at present. It is for future software update.

Apple Play is not available at present. It is for future software update.
Bottom line for me is that this car is a Ground-Breaker and this Forum gives us a way to express our opinions/concerns to Lucid management. Personally, I cannot wait to have one charging up in my garage!! I've been waiting for a car with this Range and Build Quality for years! Software fixes coming. 🙏

FWIW it’s not CarPlay but you can ask Alexa now in 1.2.1 to call and text contacts.

FWIW it’s not CarPlay but you can ask Alexa now in 1.2.1 to call and text contacts.
I have 1.2.1 and I'll try it out later today. If correct its a positive step forward.

I was speaking with Headquarters Sales Advisor to firm up the order for the Grand Touring and my concern about missing Apple CarPlay.

He said no problem, we have CarPlay and Android Auto so no issues...
Can anyone confirm that this is existing functionality or just vaporware? If it exists, I would love to see how that looks on screen.
I have a dream addition. No CarPlay yet but was told it would be coming eventually thru an OTA.

I would think the bigger issue they're facing is the vertical screen, which CarPlay doesn't support.
Does the new version of CarPlay support the vertical screen?

I don't believe so - at least according to https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/carplay/visual-design/layout/ it seems to only be several landscape-orientation display resolutions with varying pixel densities and aspect ratios.
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this the app side of things? i believe there are two sides to CarPlay. one is from the manufacturer to support CarPlay on their infotainment systems and the other is for third party app developers (Google maps, Waze) to support CarPlay. it seems like this link is for the latter.

I don't believe so - at least according to https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/carplay/visual-design/layout/ it seems to only be several landscape-orientation display resolutions with varying pixel densities and aspect ratios.
If you download the CarPlay simulator, you can see that the CarPlay supports various screen sizes. Here is an 800x1200 display, with the Electrify America App open. It also supports multiple Display Areas, including the instrument cluster:
:
2239D7A2-42E9-45B4-800A-7D1C5A7BB3C3.jpeg
6A82AEBC-893A-4444-AAC2-D37CE13854DA.jpeg

If you download the CarPlay simulator, you can see that the CarPlay supports various screen sizes. Here is an 800x1200 display, with the Electrify America App open. It also supports multiple Display Areas, including the instrument cluster:
:View attachment 1372View attachment 1374

I am curious if this is more of getting approval to do so as well. Because Apple has be rigorous in the past in regards to style guiding and keeping inline with their brand guidelines.

Back