CarPlay is here! - Megathread

lucid-air-ota-software-update-in-progress-930x1024.jpg

It’s a very small Hertz location in Boulder. They do have a few Teslas, but they were rented out already. I don’t really care. It’ll probably only be a few days, anyway. And it’s good to drive something that reminds me why I spent so much on the Lucid.
Update: the Hertz guy made good on his promise to upgrade me to a Tesla Model 3. It’s still red, but at least I can avoid having to go to a gas station.

Fun tidbit: I just let go of my own Model 3 six weeks ago. And already, driving this car is a completely unfamiliar feeling. I forgot how to do almost everything. I was less comfortable driving a car I recently owned for three years than I was during my test drive of the Lucid.

I really feel like Tesla’s reputation for building great, intuitive software is not well deserved.

FB8AFC7E-50E9-4665-AE4C-892047C75477.jpeg

It’s coming!

Update: the Hertz guy made good on his promise to upgrade me to a Tesla Model 3. It’s still red, but at least I can avoid having to go to a gas station.

Fun tidbit: I just let go of my own Model 3 six weeks ago. And already, driving this car is a completely unfamiliar feeling. I forgot how to do almost everything. I was less comfortable driving a car I recently owned for three years than I was during my test drive of the Lucid.

I really feel like Tesla’s reputation for building great, intuitive software is not well deserved.
Update 2: This Model 3 Hertz rented me has 16,000 miles on it, and already it rattles and creaks like a car that has 200,000 miles on it. Just drove it up to Fort Collins, and it creaked and rattled the entire way. Also, I forgot just how much worse the road noise in the cabin is. I feel like I need noise cancelling headphones to drive this thing at highway speeds.

I know rentals get driven pretty hard. Some jackasses like to rent nice cars and off-road them, pound on them, generally treat them like crap.

But 16k miles. And already falling apart this bad. Yikes.

Also, this is a newer model than mine was, and mine had none of these issues. So either it is true that build quality is getting even worse, thanks to the constant focus on cost-cutting, or I just pampered my car way more than others do.

Now that “any day” for CarPlay has turned into any week, we can safely say that this guy has no primary sources at Lucid.

I saw this on Lucid's Instagram. Maybe while they were there they helped them finish CarPlay? 🤣 It's up on their stories right now with a few more photos. Good to see solid interaction between Apple and Lucid.

IMG_1357.jpeg

I saw this on Lucid's Instagram. Maybe while they were there they helped them finish CarPlay? 🤣 It's up on their stories right now with a few more photos. Good to see solid interaction between Apple and Lucid.

View attachment 10663
What is Apple Auto Club?
I couldn’t find it online.

What is Apple Auto Club?
I couldn’t find it online.
No idea, but that exactly the kind of thing that will make the stock go coockoo tomorrow, until people realize raft it has nothing to do with the Apple corporation.

CarPlay mañana ?

Back