Car & Driver tests the Lucid range

Wow so you can't do a conversion on your phone or computer? I converted your KM to Miles and understood immediately that you are on 21" wheels which are clearly advertised and shown to have the range you are showing at full charge. You keep talking about 755 km at full charge and I already told you yesterday that is only on 19" wheels. So go check which wheels you have.
Chill chill. 😅 It’s all good. Not everyone’s been researching this car for months like some of us 😃

No. I would say 50 - 50. Still advertised full charge supposed to be 840 km. But mine fully charged stops at 755 km range. That is 85 less km.
19” wheels is 840 km or 520 mi.
21” wheels is 755 km or 469 mi.

Chill chill. 😅 It’s all good. Not everyone’s been researching this car for months like some of us 😃
No it's not. He says he gets X range at full charge. I tell him that is the correct range for 21" wheels. If he had the 19s he would have the longer range he thinks his car should be showing. So he totally ignores that and continues to complain about only getting X range without saying whether he has 19s or 21s. Don't need to have researched squat - he just needed to check what wheel size he has. Then he replies that he's talking km and I'm talking miles? Anyone with internet access can easily convert one to the other like I did in converting km to miles. So the first response he got from me was the "here's the info that explains what you are seeing". The 2nd response was appropriate to his response. And he still hasn't said what his wheel size is after multiple people queried about it.

I've answered plenty of questions from people that obviously did zero research and re-explained it when they didn't understand it or needed more info. Needing info because you don't know - that's fine. Have wrong info and need the correct info - that's fine too. Get the correct info and ignore it then give some lame excuse - his response deserved the response I gave. He could just be yanking our chain.

You haven’t answered, do you have 21” wheels? If you do, then it is displaying the proper mileage. Only the 19” wheels will give 840 km
I have 21” wheels. I can understand that I’m not going to get that range with 21”. What does that have to do with the full charge range. To me it should still charge to a full 840 and I should be able to get a range of 650 to 700 km to next charge.

I have 21” wheels. I can understand that I’m not going to get that range with 21”. What does that have to do with the full charge range. To me it should still charge to a full 840 and I should be able to get a range of 650 to 700 km to next charge.
These kM numbers are merely EPA projection, not actually real result. The real number should be % of State Of Charge. That would indicate how much kWh you have left.

21” has more rubber friction to road surface. It will require more energy to push than 19”. It is designed to optimize performance handling over road bump comfort.

Not yanking anyones chain. Maybe their sales people should have better understanding. They told me the car will charge to 840 km. You will loose about 100 km depending on driving habit and weather. And by putting 21” wheels I would loose another 50-60 km. That means I should get a driving range of approx 700km to a charge. I’m only getting 350-400 before I need to re charge the battery. Far cry from what sales agent told me.

That’s not how it works..they have epa numbers for 21” wheels, 469 miles. So that is your full charge range display..
If you were to switch to 19” wheels, and have Lucid recalibrate, you would see your 840 km range..
Your real world range does seem low, either you’re driving it like you stole it, or something is wrong with your car. But what’s not wrong with your car, is it’s display range at full charge.
I have achieved 700 km on one charge, on 19” wheels, 21” brings in much higher rolling resistance which is worsened by various driving conditions such as speed, elevation, temperature and your usage of climate.

Not yanking anyones chain. Maybe their sales people should have better understanding. They told me the car will charge to 840 km. You will loose about 100 km depending on driving habit and weather. And by putting 21” wheels I would loose another 50-60 km. That means I should get a driving range of approx 700km to a charge. I’m only getting 350-400 before I need to re charge the battery. Far cry from what sales agent told me.
You're mentioning two things; let's separate them.
You charge your car and get stored kilowatts, not distance. The conversion of that stored energy to a distance estimate is based on those EPA estimates, and will certainly vary based on driving conditions including tires, elevation change, temperature, road surface, gross vehicle weight, acceleration. So we've beat that discussion to death and you know what EPA says you might expect based on a full charge. (By the way, "full charge" is recommended only for just prior to taking a longer trip, and "daily" charge stores much less than full capacity in order to extend battery life.)
Second thing, and your real point as far as I can read this, is that your driving distance between having charged to having to charge again is just over half of what you think you should be getting. Now if you read the owner's manual regarding charging..,
"Without a set charge limit, the charging system will charge the battery to the recommended level.
The vehicle dynamically adjusts the actual charging rate depending on the state of charge, ambient temperature, battery pack temperature, and position of the charge slider. You may need to adjust the charge limit higher or lower according to your driving needs. A higher charge limit will increase trip distance. Vehicles that are parked for extended periods should be plugged in and use a lower charge limit to maintain battery pack health." By default I think you get about a 50-60% charge. In the same section of the manual, it lists 40-80% as a healthy state of charge. Your warning indicator should come on when 80km of estimated range remains, call this 10% for our discussion here. So under these normal conditions you'll be charging to say 60%, driving using 50%, recharging at 10%, so you'll be using only 50% of that EPA total range estimate. And you can use all 100% if you charge to the "Distance" charge level and drive until all the lights go out. Not recommended, I've done that with my ICE once and was able to walk to a gas station. Doesn't work so well with an EV.
Make sense now?

That’s not how it works..they have epa numbers for 21” wheels, 469 miles. So that is your full charge range display..
If you were to switch to 19” wheels, and have Lucid recalibrate, you would see your 840 km range..
Your real world range does seem low, either you’re driving it like you stole it, or something is wrong with your car. But what’s not wrong with your car, is it’s display range at full charge.
I have achieved 700 km on one charge, on 19” wheels, 21” brings in much higher rolling resistance which is worsened by various driving conditions such as speed, elevation, temperature and your usage of climate.
Thank you

Now that we’ve got the whole story, yes, some of the frontline Lucid folks only know enough to cover a sales pitch but not the technical details. You were given incorrect information. As @Coltonw011 stated, Lucid calibrates your car according to which tires you have so your car will only charge to 755km. And as I and others have written, efficiency varies with many environmental factors along with your driving. Short trips and city driving, I get around 4 km/kWh and 6.8 km/kWh on longer highway trips on 19 inch wheels. If I’m in a hurry or driving hard, it can be as low as 2.9 km/kWh.

Now that we’ve got the whole story, yes, some of the frontline Lucid folks only know enough to cover a sales pitch but not the technical details. You were given incorrect information. As @Coltonw011 stated, Lucid calibrates your car according to which tires you have so your car will only charge to 755km. And as I and others have written, efficiency varies with many environmental factors along with your driving. Short trips and city driving, I get around 4 km/kWh and 6.8 km/kWh on longer highway trips on 19 inch wheels. If I’m in a hurry or driving hard, it can be as low as 2.9 km/kWh.
Thank you. By the way I was also told car is autonomous. I’ve yet to see that. Good sales pitch.

Thank you. By the way I was also told car is autonomous. I’ve yet to see that. Good sales pitch.
Lol, want to buy this beachfront property in Arizona?

I can introduce you to ski resort timeshares in Texas.

Back