Car asking for PIN when key fob is in the car

Make sure to remove any bitterant coating with rubbing alcohol.

If it were the battery, I would expect it to show up more frequently, and not with the consistent behavior of “when you leave the car after it was on,” so my guess is you’ll find Millbrae taking it in. :)

But hey, if a battery swap fixes it, awesome!
It could be the battery in the FOB and is worth checking it out But I want you to be realistic. Other people and I also encountered the "Enter Your PIN" problem. Most of these incidences were reported in the past 3-4 months. I don't use my FOB. I don't carry my FOB with me. I only use my Mobile Key. In that respect, there should be no FOB interference, no cupholder effect. Yet, I have "similar" encounters. Without understanding all the nuances of your experience, I am reluctant to say they are the same. But my experience, and the several other users reporting similar encounters, leave me skeptical.

Good luck with the new battery in the FOB. Let us know how it turn out.

Actually, it happened to me the last two times at the car wash, which most recently was today. I left the fob for the guy both times by the cup holder. Once the car locks when they don’t get to my car fast enough, the car locks withthe key inside. Then I come to reopen it, it asks for the pin

Actually, it happened to me the last two times at the car wash, which most recently was today. I left the fob for the guy both times by the cup holder. Once the car locks when they don’t get to my car fast enough, the car locks withthe key inside. Then I come to reopen it, it asks for the pin
You definitely want to avoid the cupholder. Do not put your fob there.

It is not the battery. My batteries have been checked after this happens and they are good. My key fob is also not placed in the cup holder. It is on a neck lanyard. I truly believe it is some software bug.

I haven't read all previous answers, so this may be repetitive, but I have found that I get asked for the pin often right in front of a school, so there is some sort of interference. It happens to me often during dropoff since I usually am right in front of the main office. It does happen occasionally elsewhere too. My son has one friend whose house triggers the pin every time. I have also had it happen if I drop my kids at the top of our driveway to get the mail or bins. I am usually opening the gate at the same time (using our keypad, not the car), so I have wondered if some signals get crossed.

Are we talking key fob battery? Because I’ve been having issues on and off and today neither car fob would work. Both have brand new energizer 2032 battery
I have a call in the service as this car is starting to get very frustrating for this simple situation.

Are we talking key fob battery? Because I’ve been having issues on and off and today neither car fob would work. Both have brand new energizer 2032 battery
I have a call in the service as this car is starting to get very frustrating for this simple situation.
Rub the batteries with isopropyl / rubbing alcohol to remove any bitterant coating, and see if that helps.

(And yes, they’re talking about the fob batteries)

Rub the batteries with isopropyl / rubbing alcohol to remove any bitterant coating, and see if that helps.

(And yes, they’re talking about the fob batteries)
Appreciate the info will give that a try while waiting for service to call back. Such a great car despite the little nagging issues.

Confirming this as a bug:
  1. Stop the car with the fob in the car in any location (hand, purse, cup holder, wherever
  2. Put the car in park
  3. Exit the car briefly, like someone is leaving, or opening a work garage door
  4. Get right back in the car
  5. Car asks for PIN.
  6. After 40 seconds to a minute, the car stops asking for the pin, and you can drive it.
Definitely a bug.

I really like the car -- great to drive, but my wife drives the car every day, I only drive it on the weekends. She's almost done. The car is perfect otherwise. Not sure it has 1,000 miles yet. Hopefully, I can turn her around!!! Otherwise, someone is going to get a hell of a deal from us.
This happens to me constantly. I let me wife out of the car before I pull into the garage and despite the key in my pocket and my mobile key on the phone, it asks for the pin. really a problem when you drop someone off and cannot drive away. I reported to Lucid and service claimed they could not duplicate the issue so just changed my battery. That did not help.

I was not there, but my wife has her mobile phone set up for the key. I assume the software is smart enough not to get confused.

The pin request only happens when she stops, puts the car in park, and gets out of the car (Takes the seat belt off, too). But she is never more than a foot from the car as she only has to swipe her garage fob.
I had the 'enter PIN' problem after one of the last year's updates and to overcome it had to delete the mobile key and my phone in bluetooth, then reconnect the phone and rre-create the mobile key. It hasn't been acting up since.

Questions:
1. Does the key beacon, or does it try to have a constant bluetooth connection to the car? A constant connection would be pretty different than other key fobs.
2. Does the key detect movement and is only transmitting when movement was detected x seconds ago?
3. Where are the sensors for the fob located in the car?

Is the problem:
The movement sensor isn't sensitive enough if you're driving on a smooth street, parking lot, or driveway so it shuts off.
You put it into park, someone gets out.
The key isn't connected so the car asks for a PIN. I'll get the "Key not detected" while just driving down the street (fresh battery, stripped bitterant).

Edit: None of that would make sense with a mobile key.

I had the 'enter PIN' problem after one of the last year's updates and to overcome it had to delete the mobile key and my phone in bluetooth, then reconnect the phone and rre-create the mobile key. It hasn't been acting up since.
My experience closely parallel @PlaterB's. I only use my Mobile key. My problem started around the time of the X.52 OTA. I was unable to make it go away. My valet key also stopped working. I live close to the Scottsdale Service Center so I took my Lucid there. After fiddling for a while, the Service Advisor deleted and reinstalled my profile and it worked (i.e., no longer asking for PIN). Is the "PIN" problem related to the X.52 OTA? I don't know for sure. That said, we are seeing more owners reporting the "PIN" problem, with or without the FOB. We also need to weed out potential red-herrings like batteries, cup-holders, etc.. As many mentioned, it is a frustrating problem especially when you are stalled with a line of cars behind you. That's not good endorsement for Lucid! I urge Lucid to take this "annoyance" seriously and find and fix the root-cause.

Given the preponderance of issues people seem to be having with the car asking for the PIN, it does seem that either a lot of hw access controls are broken, or somehow one of the OTAs flipped some bit somewhere (figuratively speaking) which is why removing and re-adding the key helps.

I’m certain Lucid is watching this thread.

I have had problems of the Lucid asking for PIN post the X.52 OTA. After resetting, mine is OK at this time. Perhaps this ahs ben asked and answered, just in case:
> do both you and your wife have profiles/PINs on the Lucid?
> do you encounter this PIN problem" when you are both in the car and you both have your mobile keys?
> do you and your wife use the same PIN or are they different?
Well, the "ENTER PIN" gremlin is back!

This problem was previously resolved by the support team resetting it, but it has now resurfaced after a three-month absence. It's very frustrating, and I'm not sure what's causing it. Has anyone else experienced this problem relapsing again?"

Well, the "ENTER PIN" gremlin is back!

This problem was previously resolved by the support team resetting it, but it has now resurfaced after a three-month absence. It's very frustrating, and I'm not sure what's causing it. Has anyone else experienced this problem relapsing again?"
When I took delivery of my car, the DA told me that I’d have to put the pin in each time and it was a safety feature.
After that day, I never needed to put the pin in. I only used my mobile key and have never used the fob or the card.
Until….. a few days ago, for giggles, I switched on the “easy entry” switch. Since then, I am requested to put the pin in when I get in my car, even after I switched the easy entry feature off.

These glitches bothered me but in the grand scheme of things are minor quirks. It’s just comical now and I hope @borski is right and Lucid is reading this. I have a tech coming to service my car and have made a honey-do list for him and will add this. I pray it’s not a hardware issue. 🙏🏽

When I took delivery of my car, the DA told me that I’d have to put the pin in each time and it was a safety feature.
After that day, I never needed to put the pin in. I only used my mobile key and have never used the fob or the card.
Until….. a few days ago, for giggles, I switched on the “easy entry” switch. Since then, I am requested to put the pin in when I get in my car, even after I switched the easy entry feature off.

These glitches bothered me but in the grand scheme of things are minor quirks. It’s just comical now and I hope @borski is right and Lucid is reading this. I have a tech coming to service my car and have made a honey-do list for him and will add this. I pray it’s not a hardware issue. 🙏🏽
Remove your mobile key and the add it in. Annoying but glitches be glitches

Remove your mobile key and the add it in. Annoying but glitches be glitches
I did that because I wanted to give CarPlay another spin. Hopefully later this week when the car is serviced, and the latest update is installed, some glitches will be polished away. For me, CarPlay doesn’t have much of an added value and I can do with the in-car infotainment system.
I need to have more patience.

I did that because I wanted to give CarPlay another spin. Hopefully later this week when the car is serviced, and the latest update is installed, some glitches will be polished away. For me, CarPlay doesn’t have much of an added value and I can do with the in-car infotainment system.
I need to have more patience.
Hopefully they can fix some issues for you. In the meantime, a lot of FAQ information can be had in condensed form on Lucid updates.com 😁

Today the 'Enter PIN' gremlin came back, I deleted my mobile key and unpaired the phone from wifi. Then reconnected my Pixel to wifi. Now the Lucid is again called lucid 808, not 1808 as before. But I can't re-create the mobile key - it times out every time, because it is looking for lucid 1808, not 808. What gives?

Today the 'Enter PIN' gremlin came back, I deleted my mobile key and unpaired the phone from wifi. Then reconnected my Pixel to wifi. Now the Lucid is again called lucid 808, not 1808 as before. But I can't re-create the mobile key - it times out every time, because it is looking for lucid 1808, not 808. What gives?
I’m meeting with the service gentleman tomorrow and will ask this Druid for which magic potions he has.

Back