Cant pull the trigger

hhski

Cars
s560 f150 ble350
I can place my GT order anytime. My greatest concerns are that the highway assist isn't active, and range. Am i correct that active cruise is working.
My range concerns are that my second home is 380 miles away. there is a EA ccs station at 279 miles. I almost always have to stop once to go to the bathroom. If i have a full charge not preconditioned will I have to stop? I have a S560 its autonomous package is perfect for me as the self steer is great and acc and lane change work perfectly. All the talk of range loss because of wind has me second guessing myself. For what I am spending I can buy another s class. Input?

I can place my GT order anytime. My greatest concerns are that the highway assist isn't active, and range. Am i correct that active cruise is working.
My range concerns are that my second home is 380 miles away. there is a EA ccs station at 279 miles. I almost always have to stop once to go to the bathroom. If i have a full charge not preconditioned will I have to stop? I have a S560 its autonomous package is perfect for me as the self steer is great and acc and lane change work perfectly. All the talk of range loss because of wind has me second guessing myself. For what I am spending I can buy another s class. Input?

Adaptive Cruise Control is active and working. There have been reviews saying that this version of ACC is better than other cars with similar ACC. Highway Assist is supposedly coming this year.

I can't speak on range specifically, but no one with a Grand Touring currently has reported under 300 miles 100% SOC to 0% going about 80mph. I can't speak with certainty about 380 miles because I do not own a Grand Touring but I do know the EPA for a regular Grand Touring in perfect conditions is 516 miles.

Oh and I forgot to mention has the startup lag time improved?

Adaptive Cruise Control is active and working. There have been reviews saying that this version of ACC is better than other cars with similar ACC. Highway Assist is supposedly coming this year.

I can't speak on range specifically, but no one with a Grand Touring currently has reported under 300 miles 100% SOC to 0% going about 80mph. I can't speak with certainty about 380 miles because I do not own a Grand Touring but I do know the EPA for a regular Grand Touring in perfect conditions is 516 miles.
thanks

With that EA location at 279 miles, you are safe on range - although I would recommend filling to the top before you leave on that trip. New S class is nice, though….

Oh and I forgot to mention has the startup lag time improved?

I heard it has improved from version 1.1.91 to 1.2.1 update. I will try to find the post exactly or if a current owner can speak on it, but I believe it's about 30 seconds now for a full bootup. Current software is new and improving with every update it seems.

Here's a great post from @Bill55:
1.2.1 boot times from time door handle extends.

17 seconds Car is drivable. This has been consistent for a number of releases.
39 seconds. Music, cockpit right screen and pilot screen come up at the same time. Previously the Pilot screen would populate and the cockpit right screen and music came later.
42 seconds. Profile adjustments start.

I'll post video later.

I do want to mention 2 software features that I think work really well.
Driver attention and Traffic cleared.
Driver attention I find to have a reasonable thershold for when it alerts me to watch the road. Usually, when I'm trying to do anything on the right cockpit panel.
Traffic cleared is also consistent and is very nice if your are checking messages at a stop light. Of course doesn't help when you are at the front. Maybe, green light recognition is a future update.

Best comparison I could find from Bill:
About 77 seconds in 1.1.5

I heard it has improved from version 1.1.91 to 1.2.1 update. I will try to find the post exactly or if a current owner can speak on it, but I believe it's about 30 seconds now for a full bootup. Current software is new and improving with every update it seems.

Here's a great post from @Bill55:

Best comparison I could find from Bill:
About 77 seconds in 1.1.5
One apparently strange part of the video---the seat seems way-forward when the driver gets in, then as part of the boot-up it slides back to the comfortable drive position. Why wouldn't it stay back (assuming this driver drove it last) for easier entry?

One apparently strange part of the video---the seat seems way-forward when the driver gets in, then as part of the boot-up it slides back to the comfortable drive position. Why wouldn't it stay back (assuming this driver drove it last) for easier entry?
You’d probably have to confirm with @Bill55, but it could be someone used it before with a different profile who was much smaller.

For information about start up time, see this discussion here:

Back