Cannot set charging time

Percentage

Verified Owner
Cars
White, Santa Cruz AGT
I contacted customer support today regarding a way to set up time to start charging. They informed me that we cannot do it currently, however it is planned in a future update.

Yeah. It sucks and it’s not that big a deal… But it’s also something that should’ve been available from day one.

Hopefully it will be available soon.

This feature is available in chevy bolt, a $30K car. I can set the time based on the utilities' summer and winter month's peak/off peak/super off peak rates. yes, it can get that granular. I am sure this is a small tweak in the software update but a crucial one at that and should have been released long ago by Lucid. 😞

This feature is available in chevy bolt, a $30K car. I can set the time based on the utilities' summer and winter month's peak/off peak/super off peak rates. yes, it can get that granular. I am sure this is a small tweak in the software update but a crucial one at that and should have been released long ago by Lucid. 😞
What does a 30k car have to do with software development of a mammoth like GM versus newer Lucid? Nonsense comparison..

XLNT ... I would advise you to wait to pick your car when the 'granularity' you seek, along with carplay+ advanced ADAs+Sentry mode+etc gets implemented in the Lucid. And then you will be ready & be the ambassador that Lucid needs.

Currently, all owners signed up knowing that this is a fledgling company with more to give. And no, I'm not fan-boi. I have my MSLR & used to be a fanboi. It took them over 10+ years, with no supply chain issues, COVID crap, etc to get to being profitable; and still their s/w sucks. I stopped trusting the Carnival Barker several years when he kept moving the goal post.

No doubt, Lucid will get their house in order; but we have to give it time. Negative vibes, entitlement "I need it today, since another car has it", does not do justice. Could they have done better? Yeah. Could they be worse off? Absolutely.

So, if you can be patient, you will be rewarded with one of the finest driving machines currently in production. If not, I wish you well.

XLNT ... I would advise you to wait to pick your car when the 'granularity' you seek, along with carplay+ advanced ADAs+Sentry mode+etc gets implemented in the Lucid. And then you will be ready & be the ambassador that Lucid needs.

Currently, all owners signed up knowing that this is a fledgling company with more to give. And no, I'm not fan-boi. I have my MSLR & used to be a fanboi. It took them over 10+ years, with no supply chain issues, COVID crap, etc to get to being profitable; and still their s/w sucks. I stopped trusting the Carnival Barker several years when he kept moving the goal post.

No doubt, Lucid will get their house in order; but we have to give it time. Negative vibes, entitlement "I need it today, since another car has it", does not do justice. Could they have done better? Yeah. Could they be worse off? Absolutely.

So, if you can be patient, you will be rewarded with one of the finest driving machines currently in production. If not, I wish you well.
Well said!!

There was negative sentiment in my short comment. It was just a fact. I am no fan-boi of any one. With an EV, the first thing I would expect is ease of charging which should have been taken care of with a minor update in one of the dozen or so updates they have sent on OTA. I get that Lucid is a start up and I am not complaining that they cant produce higher numbers like other start ups or some established ones. but a software update to setting up charging time is something i dont understand. Having said that, i cant wait to get my hands on my touring which would probably early to mid next year (whether or not they have this update done)

There was negative sentiment in my short comment. It was just a fact. I am no fan-boi of any one. With an EV, the first thing I would expect is ease of charging which should have been taken care of with a minor update in one of the dozen or so updates they have sent on OTA. I get that Lucid is a start up and I am not complaining that they cant produce higher numbers like other start ups or some established ones. but a software update to setting up charging time is something i dont understand. Having said that, i cant wait to get my hands on my touring which would probably early to mid next year (whether or not they have this update done)
They’ve said it’s coming, and I suspect a slew of features will arrive post- the major upcoming update.

It took a year for Volvo and Polestar to implement a charge timer in their new EVs. It's not an unusual wait.

As a former software developer, I can see how timed charging is a much more complicated feature than most of the other things we're asking for. It requires the car to be able to wake itself up at a pre-determined time in the future, then take action. Since Lucid is (hopefully) re-writing all the software that controls going to sleep and waking up so that happens faster and smoother, I expect this is a feature that will appear only after that big update happens.

As a former software developer, I can see how timed charging is a much more complicated feature than most of the other things we're asking for. It requires the car to be able to wake itself up at a pre-determined time in the future, then take action. Since Lucid is (hopefully) re-writing all the software that controls going to sleep and waking up so that happens faster and smoother, I expect this is a feature that will appear only after that big update happens.
Thank you for posting this.. Being in this universe professionally can make me go crazy when posts assume its a simple solution or simple feature. Its understandable to think so, but there are so many dependencies for "simple" actions.

What you just outlined is a good way of describing the complications, plus any 2.0 rewrite could render all the efforts made during 1.x worthless.

Back