Can the headlights be turned off?

windscar911

Verified Owner
Cars
Air, 911
Silly question but can the headlights be turned off while the car is on but in Park?
I can't seem to find a way to do it.

These headlights are so ridiculously bright, sometimes I just want them off (star gazing, camping, etc).

Sadly, no. Email or text customer care; I have too, because watching a drive in movie in this beauty with the panoramic roof is something I sorely want to do.

Hey there,

I can't be absolutely certain since I didn't get out of the car, but I was sitting at an EA station today charging and felt bad about the light shining in other people's car.

I pressed the button to the right of the "Auto" option in the headlight section of the left screen, and my lights indeed turned off. Or at least, I'm pretty damn sure they turned off, because I was no longer shining bright light into the cars in front of me.

I *think* (but could be wrong) the order of the buttons means the following:

AUTO - OFF - ON - FOGLAMP

Try that?

I think you turned off headlight, not the blade lights that blade light is trademark of Lucid wanting whole world to know. 😆

That sounds abotu right. @borski found this earlier, and told me it's "position lights": https://manual.deneb.prod.infotainm...tml#GUID-021DF3A7-C57E-4B5F-A6DD-48A56EC66097

I'm wondering if maybe that's just the vertical lights and maybe the lightbar.
I like to have my headlights ON during the day, just for better visibility by other drivers. In my Mercedes I can't use 'Auto' because this only turns the lights on when it gets dark. From the sound of the daytime running lights description in this link, Lucid's Auto lights function the same. Can I drive with the headlights on manually, and if so, will the lights turn off when I stop driving and leave the car, or do I need to remember to turn them off if manually turned on?

I like to have my headlights ON during the day, just for better visibility by other drivers. In my Mercedes I can't use 'Auto' because this only turns the lights on when it gets dark. From the sound of the daytime running lights description in this link, Lucid's Auto lights function the same. Can I drive with the headlights on manually, and if so, will the lights turn off when I stop driving and leave the car, or do I need to remember to turn them off if manually turned on?
You can manually set them to "On".
And yes the lights will turn off a few seconds after you step out.

They likely do not default back to "On" when you re-enter the car though. So as long as you're okay with turning them on manually, you should be good.

I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but the DRLs always come on by default and achieve the "better visibility by other drivers" goal that you're looking for. So you should be totally fine leaving them on Auto.

"Fog" switch has been mentioned here... I have tried it both on & off and neither the driver or a person looking at the front of the car see ANY change in the lights... does this vehicle have working fog lights? Is it a flaw on our instance or a flaw for all (or something else)?

"Fog" switch has been mentioned here... I have tried it both on & off and neither the driver or a person looking at the front of the car see ANY change in the lights... does this vehicle have working fog lights? Is it a flaw on our instance or a flaw for all (or something else)?
It’s the back of the car. The intention is to make you more visible to cars behind you. Low center in rear.

It’s the back of the car. The intention is to make you more visible to cars behind you. Low center in rear.
Well that's far from intuitive... and even cust support had no clue on this... isn't that what the rear lights are for?

Rear fog light(s) like this have been quite common on European cars for quite some time now (decades, actually) and the goal is to prevent you from being rear-ended in dense fog or heavy rain. On US cars people mostly turn on their flashers in similar conditions for the same reason. They are a beast to drive behind at night in clear weather when someone has failed to turn them off.

Well that's far from intuitive... and even cust support had no clue on this... isn't that what the rear lights are for?
In fog, snow, heavy rain, the increased brightness of the fog light over normal rear lights or even flashers will hopefully help that idiot still barreling down the highway from rear ending me. I’ve been in Dallas and Phoenix when a monsoonal downpour basically blinded me and I’m desperately looking for an exit so I can get to a parking lot as pickup trucks and suvs are blasting past. That’s why there are chain reaction pile-ups…people can’t see but they still drive at normal speeds and crash into something they didn’t see. Anything that helps them see me better is welcome.

Rear fog light(s) like this have been quite common on European cars for quite some time now (decades, actually) and the goal is to prevent you from being rear-ended in dense fog or heavy rain. On US cars people mostly turn on their flashers in similar conditions for the same reason. They are a beast to drive behind at night in clear weather when someone has failed to turn them off.
I've driven German cars for 45 years now...
And just what America needs, a new way to be obnoxious on the road (as I have been since the car was delivered, as I thought these were classic fog lights)... smfh

I've driven German cars for 45 years now...
And just what America needs, a new way to be obnoxious on the road (as I have been since the car was delivered, as I thought these were classic fog lights)... smfh
Most of my European cars have had this for years.

I can’t imagine you didn’t have them; just didn’t know. BMW and MB drivers in my experience are the ones that often leave them on in good weather blinding the driver in the car behind.

I can’t imagine you didn’t have them; just didn’t know. BMW and MB drivers in my experience are the ones that often leave them on in good weather blinding the driver in the car behind.
I did/do not have rear "fog lights" on my 5 yo German car.

From the Owner's Manual, regarding "fog lights": Rear Fog Light Note: Regulations concerning the use of fog lights vary by country. The rear fog light is considerably brighter than ordinary tail lights and should only be used to help other road users see your vehicle in low-visibility conditions such as fog or heavy snowfall. Use the left Cockpit Panel to turn the rear fog lamp On or Off. The rear fog light indicator is displayed on the Cockpit Panel whenever the rear fog light is On. Note: The rear fog light is automatically turned Off each time the vehicle is powered On, and will need to manually turned On if required. Note: The rear fog lights can be turned on only when the headlights are manually turned on or in AUTO mode at night.

Back