Bye Out of Spec Dave

Well, at least for the posting he cleaned out the dozens of old pizza boxes and trash. I remember seeing a video where the poor Lucid looked like had Dave lived in it for a week.

Who the hell does a luxury car video, hoping to get views, clicks and money, and does not bother to spend 2 minutes to take out (or at least hide) the clutter and trash? Just lazy. I see that with people listing items on CL: "Item is great but is covered in sawdust and needs a good cleaning" Really???

It’s a great price
Totally disagree - an abused, rode hard, hung up wet, car, owned by someone that really doe not give a shit about it long term, is not worth the trouble AT ANY PRICE. Sorry blueice, your fantastic luck hawking your Powder Coating Wheels gives one great pause about your definition of what is a "great price."

Sorta. It’s a very very abused GT as compared to other GTs likely. That’s not a jab @OutofSpecDave at all, to be clear - it’s just been through cross country road trips, tons of DC fast charging, some fairly hard driving and canyoning, and so on, so I imagine that factors into it some.
If anyone is interested in buying my 19” wheels with 14k miles on the tires, please let me know. Will be reasonable with pricing. The buyer of my car only wants the 21’s.

Well, at least for the posting he cleaned out the dozens of old pizza boxes and trash. I remember seeing a video where the poor Lucid looked like had Dave lived in it for a week.

Who the hell does a luxury car video, hoping to get views, clicks and money, and does not bother to spend 2 minutes to take out (or at least hide) the clutter and trash? Just lazy. I see that with people listing items on CL: "Item is great but is covered in sawdust and needs a good cleaning" Really???
Personally I agree and would rather pay 10k more to buy it from a little old lady from Tuscaloosa. Btw, where is Tuscaloosa?

In fairness to Dave, the history is quite documented, so I don’t think there is any lack of disclosure. Plus, who doesn’t love pizza, especially lots of pizza? 😜

Sorta. It’s a very very abused GT as compared to other GTs likely. That’s not a jab @OutofSpecDave at all, to be clear - it’s just been through cross country road trips, tons of DC fast charging, some fairly hard driving and canyoning, and so on, so I imagine that factors into it some.
From what we saw on the range after charging to 100% it still showed 515 or 516 miles of range, so seems that battery degradation is minimal, which is a great sign

From what we saw on the range after charging to 100% it still showed 515 or 516 miles of range, so seems that battery degradation is minimal, which is a great sign
Almost as if Lucid knows about Battery Management....I wonder how...🤔

Last edited:
This car was used for commercial purposes and if someone wants to play hardball, the warranty is up for discussion.

This car was used for commercial purposes and if someone wants to play hardball, the warranty is up for discussion.
lol no, that’s definitely not the case. Making videos of a car you *own* does not in any way invalidate the warranty.

He sold it??? ✌️✌️✌️✌️

@Spin Doctor I noticed your signature says: "FOR SALE: 2022 Air GT" ... when did you put it up for sale and how is it going?
Yesterday! All I’ve done so far is post this thread.

I’m getting it detailed on Monday and will then take a bunch of pics. Having seen how quickly @OutofSpecDave’s car sold on eBay I may go that route.

lol no, that’s definitely not the case. Making videos of a car you *own* does not in any way invalidate the warranty.
You would think turo invalidated warranty but you would be surprised

Back