Hot door body makes thud expand

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
The driver side rear door is making some type of click thud when the door gets very hot exposed to lot of heat Arizona sun few hours. I think the metal expands in heat or something cause I don’t notice it once car cools down. It can cause the auto close feature to malfunction. I think the body is scraping itself ??

Anyone had this issue ?
Service worthy ?

See video below for thud

IMG_0930.jpeg
IMG_0929.jpeg

It looks like the panel gap is not consistent from top to bottom. The blue trim is misaligned. Definitely something you need customer care to look at.

The driver side rear door is making some type of click thud when the door gets very hot exposed to lot of heat Arizona sun few hours. I think the metal expands in heat or something cause I don’t notice it once car cools down. It can cause the auto close feature to malfunction. I think the body is scraping itself ??

Anyone had this issue ?
Service worthy ?

See video below for thud

View attachment 14885View attachment 14886

The chip you are pointing to is not the problem. This is a known issue where the black trim adhered to the bottom of the door, on the exterior of the door, is what's making the clicking noise.

The one on the rear door will need to be replaced and shifted a millimeter more to the rear of the car.

I think I can even see the chip from here:

Attachments

• Chip.png
    Chip.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 88
The chip you are pointing to is not the problem. This is a known issue where the black trim adhered to the bottom of the door, on the exterior of the door, is what's making the clicking noise.

The one on the rear door will need to be replaced and shifted a millimeter more to the rear of the car.

I assume this is just due to extreme heat ?

I assume this is just due to extreme heat ?
When the black plastic trim piece was attached it was placed too far forward (to the front bumper)

I forgot to mention, in order for you to experience this issue, you have to open the rear door without opening the front door, something people don't often do which is why they don't experience the problem until later on in ownership.

When you remove it, it breaks, so when they install the new one, they will place it slightly more rearward, and the problem will be solved!

I took a better picture of the yellow arrow part and it does look a little scraped by hand feel

IMG_0935.jpeg

When the black plastic trim piece was attached it was placed too far forward (to the front bumper)

I forgot to mention, in order for you to experience this issue, you have to open the rear door without opening the front door, something people don't often do which is why they don't experience the problem until later on in ownership.

When you remove it, it breaks, so when they install the new one, they will place it slightly more rearward, and the problem will be solved!
Is it a pretty easy fix at service center ?

I only notice it when it gets hot though or ?
I had the plastic trim piece at the bottom of the door break the first time I left the car in the sun on a hot day in Houston and opened the back door. Service took care of it and it hasn't happened again.

This is the answer. Same thing happened to me, door needs to be slightly adjusted.

Back