Boston Studio

Overcharged

I am originally from Boston and moved to Chicago 15 years ago.
This past weekend I was in Boston to attend a wedding and decided to stay in the Seaport district.
This area used to be limited to commercial fishing, the place to grab a tour boat and a few well known seafood places.
A conference center and a single nice hotel have been in place a while, the Museum of Contemporary Art moved there and was kind of alone for some time.
After the big dig there has been an explosion of development around there.
Super luxury condos, office buildings, multiple hotels, restaurants, shops and more buildings going up in every direction.
Lucid has a Studio there and I had a few minutes to pop in (never got to the Oak Brook studio near me).
The guys working there were super friendly and after the into do you know anything about us, replied with I recently received my GT-P, they shifted to let us show you around.
Slick looking place, with a Stellar White on Santa Cruze GT on the floor.
They will remove some of the current display content once they have an SUV to put on the floor. They have a second floor but I was too lazy to go up to see it.
I was asked about a charger, and I pointed to the one on the wall and said I was waiting for that one to be released. The guy kind of smiled as he must have known the pre-order process would be starting a day after my visit.
He said a few customers who live in the neighborhood have orders for GTs.
He was looking forward to opening the Natick facility so cars can be shipped directly to them for PDI and provide more overall room for storage and convenient service. Up to now cars going to Boston stop in Chicago first for PDI and then a limited number can come to Boston due to limited storage capacity. They also have to go back to Chicago is big repairs are required.
Both of the guys of the floor are super knowledgeable about the product and did a fine job of guiding folks who walked in the door, most of the ones I saw had little to no exposure to the car/brand.

I am originally from Boston and moved to Chicago 15 years ago.
This past weekend I was in Boston to attend a wedding and decided to stay in the Seaport district.
This area used to be limited to commercial fishing, the place to grab a tour boat and a few well known seafood places.
A conference center and a single nice hotel have been in place a while, the Museum of Contemporary Art moved there and was kind of alone for some time.
After the big dig there has been an explosion of development around there.
Super luxury condos, office buildings, multiple hotels, restaurants, shops and more buildings going up in every direction.
Lucid has a Studio there and I had a few minutes to pop in (never got to the Oak Brook studio near me).
The guys working there were super friendly and after the into do you know anything about us, replied with I recently received my GT-P, they shifted to let us show you around.
Slick looking place, with a Stellar White on Santa Cruze GT on the floor.
They will remove some of the current display content once they have an SUV to put on the floor. They have a second floor but I was too lazy to go up to see it.
I was asked about a charger, and I pointed to the one on the wall and said I was waiting for that one to be released. The guy kind of smiled as he must have known the pre-order process would be starting a day after my visit.
He said a few customers who live in the neighborhood have orders for GTs.
He was looking forward to opening the Natick facility so cars can be shipped directly to them for PDI and provide more overall room for storage and convenient service. Up to now cars going to Boston stop in Chicago first for PDI and then a limited number can come to Boston due to limited storage capacity. They also have to go back to Chicago is big repairs are required.
Both of the guys of the floor are super knowledgeable about the product and did a fine job of guiding folks who walked in the door, most of the ones I saw had little to no exposure to the car/brand.
Yeah they’re awesome at the Boston studio. Bruno and the other employee (I forget her name) were super helpful when I had a TeslaTap adapter get stuck and broke off the ground pin cover inside my charging port at a nearby garage where I was parked. They took pics and got in touch with service for me right away even though they don’t service vehicles at the studio and it’s only sales. Good people there!

Back