• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Bolt Torque Issue

SaratogaLefty

Verified Owner
Cars
Dream Edition P 21"
DE Number
I'm wondering if this "Bolt Torque Issue" that is holding up current planned deliveries has any impact on cars already delivered?? Have any Dream Edition owners been contacted regarding a possible recall for this problem? I haven't heard anything but I am going to send my Delivery Host an email.

I'm losing more and more confidence in Lucid every day. The delays, the quietness when it comes to people's deliveries, one recall already and now this on less than 500 cars produced it's quite concerning. You don't pay $130K for a car to have what appears to be simple mistakes holding up production and deliveries.

I'm losing more and more confidence in Lucid every day. The delays, the quietness when it comes to people's deliveries, one recall already and now this on less than 500 cars produced it's quite concerning. You don't pay $130K for a car to have what appears to be simple mistakes holding up production and deliveries.
To be fair, the recall isn't on Lucid. The manufacturer for the front dampers is on the hook for that, and they are not a small manufacturer. BILSTEIN supplies parts to AMG division and F1...

To be fair, the recall isn't on Lucid. The manufacturer for the front dampers is on the hook for that, and they are not a small manufacturer. BILSTEIN supplies parts to AMG division and F1...
I just heard back from my Delivery Advisor. The current Bolt Torque issue does not impact my Dream Edition. He wasn't specific but I don't believe this current issue has anything to do with the previous recall.

I just heard back from my Delivery Advisor. The current Bolt Torque issue does not impact my Dream Edition. He wasn't specific but I don't believe this current issue has anything to do with the previous recall.

Mine was checked for the dampers/struts, and had no issue, and isn’t subject to the bolt torque issue either. Seems small scale and they caught it quickly.

So, what car manufacturer does it right in the run-up to delivery? Does Porsche set the standard? Bentley? Maserati? Just want to know what kind of experience we should reasonably expect on a $140K car. BMW will give you specific production slots, and you can follow your car from Munich across the ocean, so that’s pretty slick. But they’re a very well-oiled machine when it comes to production. Lucid isn’t there quite yet.

So, what car manufacturer does it right in the run-up to delivery? Does Porsche set the standard? Bentley? Maserati? Just want to know what kind of experience we should reasonably expect on a $140K car. BMW will give you specific production slots, and you can follow your car from Munich across the ocean, so that’s pretty slick. But they’re a very well-oiled machine when it comes to production. Lucid isn’t there quite yet.
I would appreciate updates as to the status and information, if and when there is a delay as to what is causing it, how they expect to overcome it and when the car would be expected to be delivered.

Ditto

Every new model I’ve purchased the timeline has been accurate OR if a delay has occurred then I’ve been informed as to what’s going on. If cars I’ve purchased between $80K to $100K come with this level of service then I expect it from a company selling a $130K+ car.

The day my e-Tron arrived at the port it was slapped with a recall. I didn’t hear about it in a forum or on a media website, I heard it from the Audi dealer the car was enroute to.

Lucid wants to win over luxury car owners they need to step it up because the more you charge for a car the less patience a person typically has when you’re being fed bullsh*t or nothing at all.

Every new model I’ve purchased the timeline has been accurate OR if a delay has occurred then I’ve been informed as to what’s going on. If cars I’ve purchased between $80K to $100K come with this level of service then I expect it from a company selling a $130K+ car.

The day my e-Tron arrived at the port it was slapped with a recall. I didn’t hear about it in a forum or on a media website, I heard it from the Audi dealer the car was enroute to.

Lucid wants to win over luxury car owners they need to step it up because the more you charge for a car the less patience a person typically has when you’re being fed bullsh*t or nothing at all.
On the same page here. All I have been asking for is quality information through updates…..

On the same page here. All I have been asking for is quality information through updates…..
So let me share some news regarding the bolt torque issue.

Because they are labeling it a campaign, they are taking their time to flesh it out compared to a recall. It is not a safety issue currently, and current owners are not affected by the campaign currently. Unsure if we will be in the future, but Lucid will address it as they continue to investigate the matter.

Contact said it's perfectly safe to drive and that only current pre-delivery vehicles are affected but newly produced ones are not.

BMW was always terrific at estimating when orders will be built land delivered. But...then the pandemic hit. Now BMW has cars backing up at ports and is deleting parts. In the BMW forums I read of folks waiting indeterminate time for cars. Yes...Lucid seems to be having trouble delivering cars on schedule. But so does everyone else.

Personally, I give Lucid a pass at this time. BUT...I anticipated problems and reserved a Pure so that Lucid can work out its gremlins and we can sort of put the pandemic behind us.

BMW was always terrific at estimating when orders will be built land delivered. But...then the pandemic hit. Now BMW has cars backing up at ports and is deleting parts. In the BMW forums I read of folks waiting indeterminate time for cars. Yes...Lucid seems to be having trouble delivering cars on schedule. But so does everyone else.

Personally, I give Lucid a pass at this time. BUT...I anticipated problems and reserved a Pure so that Lucid can work out its gremlins and we can sort of put the pandemic behind us.
I guess we will have to see if it's the pandemic or Lucid...

Delays are one thing, lack of communication and keeping your customers in the dark is not pandemic related. I do not give them a pass on that and I told my DA that same thing last Tuesday in no uncertain terms, bad news is still better than no news.

You do when you are dealing with a new manufacturer. However I have see many stop sales by Mercedes for recall work to be done before the sale. there has only been one vehicle that found this defect out of the 300or so that they have inspected and thera have been no accidents. I applauded lucid,not ignoring it like many auto companies do. This is the sign of a responsible company.

You do when you are dealing with a new manufacturer. However I have see many stop sales by Mercedes for recall work to be done before the sale. there has only been one vehicle that found this defect out of the 300or so that they have inspected and thera have been no accidents. I applauded lucid,not ignoring it like many auto companies do. This is the sign of a responsible company.
Btw this problem as you call it is not holding up production, in case you have not heard there are serious supply chain issues and shortages th@t are affecting every companyin the world who actually make something

Has anyone received delivery of their car in the last 2 weeks
Mine is in Rivera FL, scheduled for delivery last Monday
and all they say is going through final check- WOW

Has anyone received delivery of their car in the last 2 weeks
Mine is in Rivera FL, scheduled for delivery last Monday
and all they say is going through final check- WOW
My car arrived at Millbrae on Monday afternoon, March 7th. My delivery was on Tuesday, March 15th. I was told by others on this forum and also by the Delivery Host at Millbrae that a week or so for Final Inpection and Detailing was pretty much the norm. I actually could have picked it up on Monday, March 14th but it would have had to be in the evening and I didn't want to drive it home for the first time in rush hour traffic on 101!!

Hopefully picking up mine tomorrow. It completed production back in the beginning of January. It was finally released after a variety of delays last week. It is a new company, working out the bugs. A lot of bugs.. But I believe they will overcome the startup challenges and move into full scale cleaner production in short order. I can't wait to driver her.

Hopefully picking up mine tomorrow. It completed production back in the beginning of January. It was finally released after a variety of delays last week. It is a new company, working out the bugs. A lot of bugs.. But I believe they will overcome the startup challenges and move into full scale cleaner production in short order. I can't wait to driver her.
Congrats to you!

Back