Bobby

Referral code: 82LNN7ZP
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, I Pace, DB9
Referral Code
82LNN7ZP
So, I am starting a YouTube channel about the Air. The goal is to make a little videos about some of the software improvements that we have all been hoping for. Please don't make fun of me, this is my first one.

So, I am starting a YouTube channel about the Air. The goal is to make a little videos about some of the software improvements that we have all been hoping for. Please don't make fun of me, this is my first one.
How about the right display instead... more room there

Nice job Bobby!! Keep up the good work. Can't wait for the next one.

Fantastic!!

Great job, Bobby. Keep this going. Exactly the sort of Lucid content I want to see more of on YouTube.

I’ve adopted the tap “auto park” and then tap back to “surround view.” Instantly brings up the backup camera again in far less clicks. This is definitely a temporary solution as I totally agree the left side is the place for a dynamic button to pop up home link button.

Great video!

Very well done, Bobby.
I concur with your suggestion.
By the way, the last video you put on the forum had great piano music.
Any thought about having a short one at the beginning and/or the end of your Lucid series, sort of making a musical trademark?

Right display? Which area?
To the left of the house symbol seems to be room for a column of buttons. Right display, and at least not lower part, is good since the right hand is close to the drive stock anyway and the eyes move to look at the button, through the windshield, rear view mirror, or rear view camera -- all is within small eye movements. Likely most used button of all -- twice per drive. Since many people have three or more garage doors, and some may have gates too, it should be at least three buttons. Since theyre used so often, i think having just one morse code button may be irritating.

Amazing! Thank you for sharing:)

To the left of the house symbol seems to be room for a column of buttons. Right display, and at least not lower part, is good since the right hand is close to the drive stock anyway and the eyes move to look at the button, through the windshield, rear view mirror, or rear view camera -- all is within small eye movements. Likely most used button of all -- twice per drive. Since many people have three or more garage doors, and some may have gates too, it should be at least three buttons. Since theyre used so often, i think having just one morse code button may be irritating.
I really have no idea what you're talking about.

I really have no idea what you're talking about.
There's a column with symbols for house, arrow, music, and phone -- see photo. And it seems to be (lots of) room for another column of buttons to the left. I don't remember what happens to this area when the camera view pops up (my agt is in the shop, so I can only go with memory and old photos). Even if the camera takes up this whole area, I'd think the touch screen function would still work and buttons could be superimposed onto the view and the very edge of the view.

1674885844594.png

Good job! I like the idea of temporarily using the left screen, but think they’d permanently have to move the Homelink UI element there. There‘s definitely an opportunity to rearrange the left UI controls to accommodate. I think once CP/AA and the ability to have different functions on Pilot panel and glass cockpit are implemented, a complete rethink of the UI layout will be required.

There's a column with symbols for house, arrow, music, and phone -- see photo. And it seems to be (lots of) room for another column of buttons to the left. I don't remember what happens to this area when the camera view pops up (my agt is in the shop, so I can only go with memory and old photos). Even if the camera takes up this whole area, I'd think the touch screen function would still work and buttons could be superimposed onto the view and the very edge of the view.

View attachment 9104
I believe that area is left blank because it is obstructed by the steering wheel.

I believe that area is left blank because it is obstructed by the steering wheel.
I see. Perhaps not too bad having to look over the side of the steering wheel since its used at low speed. The way i sit, the steering wheel cuts/blocks right across the turn signal popup display for the passenger mirror camera view.

I use the “no tap” method of saying “hey siri close garage door” on my Apple Watch, but honestly if Lucid implemented what you suggest that would be awesome and I’d happily use that as I don’t like using voice commands for things because it’s often not reliable and stresses me out. Good job, looking forward to more videos.

I like the video. I have noticed a similar problem. Another solution is for the homelink to come on automatically based on location. In the homelink programming we can have options like Tesla does when exiting the garage, the distance to come on etc.

Back