Bobby on the Air: HomeLink

I like the video. I have noticed a similar problem. Another solution is for the homelink to come on automatically based on location. In the homelink programming we can have options like Tesla does when exiting the garage, the distance to come on etc.
I agree. I’ve always said that I hope Lucid adds many more user options and preferences.

As strange as it may seem, videos like this can actually be more useful for non-owners (reservation holders). Sure we can read about an issue on the forum, but some are best visualized through a video like this.

Well done & thanks! Oh, how about going 4K...yeah, I'm a videophile. ;)

Great job on the video! Agree - once the car is in gear, there is no reason for the left panel to have buttons for opening the charge port, the frunk or trunk. It should be easy for the button mapping to change when the car is in reverse to add buttons that are relevant, then when the car is in park, re-map the buttons to those relevant when the car is stationary...

Agree. When I very first test drove the car I was surprised to see that area was static. Seemed like they missed an opportunity to make it more “contextual.” I also thought the huge “Air” logo was some sort of demo mode. What a waste of prime real estate to only use it during navigation.

So, I am starting a YouTube channel about the Air. The goal is to make a little videos about some of the software improvements that we have all been hoping for. Please don't make fun of me, this is my first one.
Beautifully done! Can’t wait to see your next installment. Thanks for doing this.

Great job Bobby! And lots of good alternative approaches suggested - all of which would improve the functionality. I hope Lucid takes this to heart as this is one of the highest priority changes judging by the forum inputs.

So, I am starting a YouTube channel about the Air. The goal is to make a little videos about some of the software improvements that we have all been hoping for. Please don't make fun of me, this is my first one.
Great job! Thanks for taking the time to do this. Looking forward to more.

This solution blocks the camera which is illegal and makes it less useful.
Tesla does this, but overlay is transparent and just shows the assigned door name. No need to have Add Homelink displayed

This solution blocks the camera which is illegal and makes it less useful.
The pop up window would be geofenced to pop up after you back out of garage. Close garage and close window. Alternatively put the pop window on the pilot panel over the 360 camera. It would be more logical for the Homelink window to be presented on the right side.

I think there are multiple ways Lucid could explore to solve this issue. I’m sure they are thinking about it and prototyping.

Agree. When I very first test drove the car I was surprised to see that area was static. Seemed like they missed an opportunity to make it more “contextual.” I also thought the huge “Air” logo was some sort of demo mode. What a waste of prime real estate to only use it during navigation.
That was actually intentional (the left side being static) as they wanted the most commonly used functions to always be there, similar to a set of buttons, but it being a touchscreen meant they could add to it over time.

I’d be surprised if they ever made it fully change, but adding buttons that stay there statically they’d totally do (as they did with de-ice mode).

That was actually intentional (the left side being static) as they wanted the most commonly used functions to always be there, similar to a set of buttons, but it being a touchscreen meant they could add to it over time.

I’d be surprised if they ever made it fully change, but adding buttons that stay there statically they’d totally do (as they did with de-ice mode).
Yeah, understood. Certainly, the ideas I am proposing are more to get people thinking as opposed to be the only way. Anything would be better than the current implementation, for sure.

I also think that Lucid missed an opportunity to put a rearview mirror screen in instead of a standard mirror. Visibly out the back window is not that great anyway, particularly with three passengers. There already is a camera facing rearwsrd that could be used to feed such a screen. HomeLink buttons can appear on that screen when within the Geofenced area.

Thanks for the video. I saw another you did on the key fob, and when you locked the car, the horn sounded a confirmation. How program the horn to sound upon locking?

Thanks for the video. I saw another you did on the key fob, and when you locked the car, the horn sounded a confirmation. How program the horn to sound upon locking?
I don’t think there’s any preferences to sound the horn or not (but there should be). As far as I know the horn sounds when locked by physically using the fob buttons but not when locked by proximity.

Mine is silent both locking and unlocking. A tech is coming to my home next week for a few issues, I'll ask when he is here to find out if it is programmable.

Back