RESOLVED Trouble Programming Homelink

Yeah tell me about it - guess I should've come on the board sooner...
This is why I always caution people to not generalize and say “Lucid is going to fail” when indeed they have a solvable problem.

New here. Car just 2 days old. Frustrated with several software issues and the Homelink was one of them. Out of frustration I did the software soft reset. I was able to get the programming done. But I am still having issues with the Homelink. According the the manual when you get within 130’ of the garage your door is suppose to open. Twice around the block and still haven’t opened. Have to press the Homelink icon to close the door but having it open automatically would be nice. Has anyone have the same problem? Also the Homelink icon shows up on my wife’s profile but not the garage door that is programmed on mine. Very frustrating.

New here. Car just 2 days old. Frustrated with several software issues and the Homelink was one of them. Out of frustration I did the software soft reset. I was able to get the programming done. But I am still having issues with the Homelink. According the the manual when you get within 130’ of the garage your door is suppose to open. Twice around the block and still haven’t opened. Have to press the Homelink icon to close the door but having it open automatically would be nice. Has anyone have the same problem? Also the Homelink icon shows up on my wife’s profile but not the garage door that is programmed on mine. Very frustrating.
The car does not auto-open your garage door. It does auto-present the Homelink soft button when you are close to home.
You have to program your garage door separately in both your profile and your wife's.

The car does not auto-open your garage door. It does auto-present the Homelink soft button when you are close to home.
You have to program your garage door separately in both your profile and your wife's.
Thanks DeaneG, The wording about it I guess had me confused. But the presenting didn’t happen either. I always say software engineers are the smartest dumbest people on the planet. So the Homelink, needs to be programmed for both profiles, but the Sirius XM favorite channels span across both mine and my wife’s profile. Too bad they didn’t do that opposite. One car, one garage but two different tastes in music. Pet peeve I guess. Don’t get me started on the cup holders!

My homelink wouldn't connect to the door opener after trying over the weekend and yesterday, and then I decided to give it one more try today and it connected instantly.

My homelink wouldn't connect to the door opener after trying over the weekend and yesterday, and then I decided to give it one more try today and it connected instantly.
It helps to position the nose of the car as close as possible to directly under the opener. To do this, I had to pull my opener's emergency release latch to be able to program my opener without closing the door on the car.

The reason for this is that the garage door opener massively reduces its receiver sensitivity while in learn mode. This is done to make sure that the opener can only be taught the intended code, not your neighbor's when they open their garage door while yours is in learn mode.

Many times this step will work with the car several feet away from the opener, depending on details of hardware and luck. But It didn't work for my Air, nor for my brother in law's Macan. In both cases I had to use the opener's emergency release and position the nose of the car directly under the opener. This worked perfectly on first try.

It helps to position the nose of the car as close as possible to directly under the opener. To do this, I had to pull my opener's emergency release latch to be able to program my opener without closing the door on the car.

The reason for this is that the garage door opener massively reduces its receiver sensitivity while in learn mode. This is done to make sure that the opener can only be taught the intended code, not your neighbor's when they open their garage door while yours is in learn mode.

Many times this step will work with the car several feet away from the opener, depending on details of hardware and luck. But It didn't work for my Air, nor for my brother in law's Macan. In both cases I had to use the opener's emergency release and position the nose of the car directly under the opener. This worked perfectly on first try.
Odd, I positioned mine about 200 feet away so the menu would pop open and I could have the door open by the time I got there. No problem with that.

Odd, I positioned mine about 200 feet away so the menu would pop open and I could have the door open by the time I got there. No problem with that.
I did mine about 25 feet away.

You taught your opener to listen to the car's Homelink from 200 feet away?? Or just set your Home GPS location 200 feet away?
My opener wouldn't learn with the car 15 feet away.

Thanks DeaneG, The wording about it I guess had me confused. But the presenting didn’t happen either. I always say software engineers are the smartest dumbest people on the planet. So the Homelink, needs to be programmed for both profiles, but the Sirius XM favorite channels span across both mine and my wife’s profile. Too bad they didn’t do that opposite. One car, one garage but two different tastes in music. Pet peeve I guess. Don’t get me started on the cup holders!
Mine didn’t present for the longest time and I just manually did everything. Then my navigation failed. When Lucid replaced the antennae/receiver, or something like that, that fixed the nav and the HomeLink, too.

You taught your opener to listen to the car's Homelink from 200 feet away?? Or just set your Home GPS location 200 feet away?
My opener wouldn't learn with the car 15 feet away.
Yes no issue.

Back