My 3 Month Review

julianevjourney

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
I created a video providing my own personal 3 month review of my Touring on my YouTube channel. I talk about what I love, areas for improvement, and things I really don’t like. I mention this forum a couple times and I even show a shot of scrolling through the Lucid Updates website created by @Bobby.

My Lucid Air Touring 3 Month Review

Enjoyed the review. Had my Touring since early February and agree with just about everything you said.

I don't have the drivers side wind noise issue that you (and others on the forum) mention, and my ears are sensitive enough to notice even the high-pitched noises the various LED backlights make. I suspect there is something the matter with your specific car, perhaps loose trim on e.g. the drivers side wing mirror. Has Lucid Service looked at it?

Enjoyed the review. Had my Touring since early February and agree with just about everything you said.

I don't have the drivers side wind noise issue that you (and others on the forum) mention, and my ears are sensitive enough to notice even the high-pitched noises the various LED backlights make. I suspect there is something the matter with your specific car, perhaps loose trim on e.g. the drivers side wing mirror. Has Lucid Service looked at it?
I actually have an appointment in a couple weeks. Hopefully just a minor adjustment and I’ll be good to go.

I love your review; thanks for doing it. Please take a look of my Olympia to Reno Trip; at the end of my trip, I graded the trip; let me know what you think of it

Great job sir. I’ve owned my Lucid GT since August 2022. There were some speed bumps (see my posts) but overall it’s the best car I’ve ever owned. Even still, it can be better and I expect future software updates will make it so. I share some of your sentiments regarding Lucid leadership.

Great video! Thanks for taking the time.

I can't get my wife to drive my GT either (yet).

I've also seen that same problem where CarPlay thinks it's playing music but no sound comes out (usually after pausing and leaving the car). One work around that my son figured out was to go to Music on my phone, and manually select CarPlay as the audio output. After doing that, it's been pretty reliable. I think it only messed up once, after the last firmware update. That time, I had to do a the logo reset, then select my phone from the Lucid device settings.

That Homelink thing is also irritating. I ended up automating the whole thing with Home Assistant (a home automation server) using the awesome Lucid Motors integration from borski. Now when I drive up or leave, the garage automatically opens and closes. I just ignore the Homelink dropdown now.

I totally agree with you on the maps stuff. Generally I find it easier to set up a destination on my phone before even getting into the car. I pretty much only use the built-in nav for charging stations (because it preconditions) and if I'm lazy and can select a recent destination (knowing that the voice prompts aren't as good as CarPlay).

Unrelated, but your synth collection is something else!

Love this. Thank you. Will recommend this video to everyone, and I feel that everyone here should take an hour and watch this.
Also, I find your face very interesting to watch, and your voice is great. Oh and your sense of humor....wait...the the list of things I like is too long...

Also... it's nice, wonderful, to see another audio pro raving about how good the Dolby Atmos works with the acoustic engineering of the cabin.
I bet there are a bunch of us that get "stuck" listening to music when the car is off. I've spent countless hours very late at night, just siting in the car listening to Tidal Dolby Atmos versions of music -- any music ! There are some who prefer the BOOM BOOM distorted music popular with today's young people ... they might be disappointed that Lucid has no bass distortion at all. As these kids get older, they will likely appreciate the very high fidelity: it shows you EXACTLY what the mixing engineer intended. The audio system does not allow you to "remix" the songs. Leave it flat, and go sit in the center rear seat. ( Might want to avail yourself of some glaucoma medicine.)

Confess I saw this post here when you posted it but did not click. What can this guy tell me, after three months, that I don't already know (took delivery of GT Sept. '22) ?

Answer: a lot ! Plus ... it is such a pro job, I mean, so entertaining, so well-edited. Thanks Julian !
(Lucid: might want to share this in your studios...I mean...wow this is good.)

RE: Peter Rawlinson.
1708524861699.jpeg
How can you not love this guy ?

He's an engineer's engineer. I think he does an outstanding job representing Lucid. I've worked with pH D - level engineers and chemists all my life ... many of them seem to be unpolished (or genetically incapable) at social grace and communication skills. Peter is far from that. I believe he hits the perfect balance ... leaning heavily into the seriousness of the technology, as one should with such a revolutionary car. I admit to a bias towards his cultural background / accent. I was a schoolboy in short pants, growing up within sight of Swarthmoor Hall.
1708525305222.jpeg

Great video! Thanks for taking the time.

I can't get my wife to drive my GT either (yet).

I've also seen that same problem where CarPlay thinks it's playing music but no sound comes out (usually after pausing and leaving the car). One work around that my son figured out was to go to Music on my phone, and manually select CarPlay as the audio output. After doing that, it's been pretty reliable. I think it only messed up once, after the last firmware update. That time, I had to do a the logo reset, then select my phone from the Lucid device settings.

That Homelink thing is also irritating. I ended up automating the whole thing with Home Assistant (a home automation server) using the awesome Lucid Motors integration from borski. Now when I drive up or leave, the garage automatically opens and closes. I just ignore the Homelink dropdown now.

I totally agree with you on the maps stuff. Generally I find it easier to set up a destination on my phone before even getting into the car. I pretty much only use the built-in nav for charging stations (because it preconditions) and if I'm lazy and can select a recent destination (knowing that the voice prompts aren't as good as CarPlay).

Unrelated, but your synth collection is something else!
I had Achilles surgery back in October. For a couple months I had to ride in back with my foot propped up. So, my wife was forced to drive and now she’s a pro. She still prefers not to drive the car because it’s too nice but she’s not afraid anymore.

Yeah my synths, I have a few and need many more 😁

Love this. Thank you. Will recommend this video to everyone, and I feel that everyone here should take an hour and watch this.
Also, I find your face very interesting to watch, and your voice is great. Oh and your sense of humor....wait...the the list of things I like is too long...

Also... it's nice, wonderful, to see another audio pro raving about how good the Dolby Atmos works with the acoustic engineering of the cabin.
I bet there are a bunch of us that get "stuck" listening to music when the car is off. I've spent countless hours very late at night, just siting in the car listening to Tidal Dolby Atmos versions of music -- any music ! There are some who prefer the BOOM BOOM distorted music popular with today's young people ... they might be disappointed that Lucid has no bass distortion at all. As these kids get older, they will likely appreciate the very high fidelity: it shows you EXACTLY what the mixing engineer intended. The audio system does not allow you to "remix" the songs. Leave it flat, and go sit in the center rear seat. ( Might want to avail yourself of some glaucoma medicine.)

Confess I saw this post here when you posted it but did not click. What can this guy tell me, after three months, that I don't already know (took delivery of GT Sept. '22) ?

Answer: a lot ! Plus ... it is such a pro job, I mean, so entertaining, so well-edited. Thanks Julian !
(Lucid: might want to share this in your studios...I mean...wow this is good.)
I’m very glad you enjoyed the video even as a seasoned Lucid Air owner 😁

Back