BMW I7 versus Lucid Air Grand Touring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly what I see whenever I look at any recent BMW. Twenty years from now, literally everyone will be saying “What the heck were they thinking?” And they will be right. These cars will not age well.

This is exactly what I see whenever I look at any recent BMW. Twenty years from now, literally everyone will be saying “What the heck were they thinking?” And they will be right. These cars will not age well.
Strangely I like the look of the i7 as well as the XM. It is a beauty compared to the maligned ix(although back and side views are nice) or the new 5 series.

This is like subtlety of Rolex face goes from 31” to 41” to let the whole world knows you made it. 🤦‍♂️

I'll look at BMW when they have an EV with 500+ miles of range and 800 horsepower. It may take them a while.
...and better looks.

I’m pretty sure they are saying that now. People should be fired for that grill.

No kidding, his Lucid must be his “slumming around the barrio” car. 😎
I had to Google the phrase. Ouch... :)
I'm slumming around a lot with the white car having over 38,500 miles in less than a year.
The yellow one got 16,000+ only, and that having the car for 7 years. I'm blaming myself a lot for such a low mileage.
Edit,
Do you wanna see my green vehicle?
I bet you would be laughing.

I think part of the issue with this comparison was the somewhat obnoxious attitude he conveyed when pointing out what he thought were the 'obvious' advantages of the i7. IMO most of those advantages were in the rear seating and what was offered there. However it seemed to me that what people buy an EV for, the Lucid did mostly better. When it comes to the issue of styling, I suspect you'd be hard pressed to find many that would prefer the i7. I've said it before, but I find the i7 to be one of the ugliest BMWs I've ever seen.

One of the key points, IMO, was the fact that many/most of his arguments for the i7's advantages dissipated when you looked at the cheaper trim levels. Now it's no longer '$150K to $150K' yet most of the Lucid qualities still remain. At that point you may have to decide if the i7 is $50K to $70K better than the Lucid. To me that's a resounding, NO!

I think part of the issue with this comparison was the somewhat obnoxious attitude he conveyed when pointing out what he thought were the 'obvious' advantages of the i7. IMO most of those advantages were in the rear seating and what was offered there. However it seemed to me that what people buy an EV for, the Lucid did mostly better. When it comes to the issue of styling, I suspect you'd be hard pressed to find many that would prefer the i7. I've said it before, but I find the i7 to be one of the ugliest BMWs I've ever seen.

One of the key points, IMO, was the fact that many/most of his arguments for the i7's advantages dissipated when you looked at the cheaper trim levels. Now it's no longer '$150K to $150K' yet most of the Lucid qualities still remain. At that point you may have to decide if the i7 is $50K to $70K better than the Lucid. To me that's a resounding, NO!
I mean, the i7 does start at 107000..

I'm slumming around a lot with the white car having over 38,500 miles in less than a year.
The yellow one got 16,000+ only, and that having the car for 7 years. I'm blaming myself a lot for such a low mileage.
Edit,
Do you wanna see my green vehicle?
I bet you would be laughing.

Yes, I want to see your green vehicle. Here is my green vehicle. 😊

C2140CC1-F34B-454D-90D0-EDE3DB013D0D.jpeg
20F319F0-9358-4236-B6A8-F263E2529A56.jpeg

I think that may be a record holder in the forum.

For some reason, when you said that I thought you had a John Deere tractor.
Either you are spying on me, or you are a true visionary :)

Attachments

• 20220702_175427.jpg
    20220702_175427.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 100
Ride as in comfort I assume? Hard to imagine from a driving POV that it’s better..
The ride in my Air is comparable to a 4 door ICE BMW like 8 series to 6 series. U feel the road roughness & sound. The ride in my i7 is completely different as it’s a smoother & more comfortable ride. My DE & Steaktb have few features that I like better than my i7, but overall the i7 is a better built EV & has better & more features. No bias towards either brand as I own both & have put enough miles on both to have an “opinion” based on reality rather than some people who own Lucid stock & bash anyone who expresses any shortcomings about Lucid brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back