BMW I7 versus Lucid Air Grand Touring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, your question is too hypothetical & frankly doesn’t make sense. Since I was on solid ground and had already put over 25000 miles on my Dream Edition & had already ordered a Stealth last year, I CHOSE to buy the i7 after driving it. It was not an impulsive decision, rather I wanted an EV that was better than the Lucid Air, Porsche Taycan, Audi Etron (I had already owned 1) & Tesla MS ( also had owned 1). I have owned different models of BMW 7 series over the past 30+ years & the i7 is their BEST car so far. I’m in the Automotive industry & have owned my share of toys & have enjoyed each one for what they have offered to me.
Still have the Lucid and i7? Why keep both?

Looks like you prefer interior comfort to looks, performance or driving dynamics. Enjoy your i7! At least you dont see it when driving it.

It used to be if you wanted an EV, you had to get a Tesla. Now there are many choices from pure EV makers like Lucid and Rivian through traditional car makers like BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Ford, Hyundai, etc. As consumers, we are all different and have differing values. We should respect that and recognize that a Lucid is not for everyone just as a BMW is not for everyone.

Having said that, I do love the new blackout Lucids.
Did I say anything that insinuated I didn't respect his opinion, choice, or attacked him on his decision of the i7?

Did I say anything that insinuated I didn't respect his opinion, choice, or attacked him on his decision of the i7?

I didn't see anything inappropriate in your posting. Someone responded to you that implied you had but I agree with you, you merely expressed your opinion and asked a legitimate question.

I had a i7 custom ordered a year ago which arrived last month. It looked gorgeous from the outside in the Oxide Grey metallic paint. However, after test driving it and going back to test drive the Lucid Air Touring again, I ended up leasing the Lucid AT. It’s better powered and it’s a driver’s car while the BMW i7 is really an underpowered luxury sedan, more for a chauffeur driven owner. Sharing the same platform with the gas model is good for for BMW but not for a true EV aficionado. It creates so many negatives, the main one being that the rear passenger floor is separated by the driveshaft tunnel running down the middle of the floor. BMW’s i7 tech is also misdirected and the interior looks way too busy for a modern EV. Took delivery of my AT yesterday and I’m so pleased that I ended up making the right choice. BTW, I‘m keeping my 10 year old Model S 85 which has 61k miles and still drives like a rocket. The S comes with lifetime free charging and free internet and it’s transferable to the next owner.

I also have owned many 7 series BMWs and considered the i7. I test drove it and also thought the driving experience was not good. Obviously the tech all works great but I chose to go with the Lucid AT.

I haven't driven the i7 but recently bought a 760 as I didn't want another EV. My air got totalled and its a extremely safe car. The reason for going with a 760 were simply comfort, luxury and the tech. The software is still buggy on 760 more stable than air but buggy. My major pet peeve with air was fit and finish alongside the road noise. Lucid as an EV is currently the best on the market with the everything taken into account for but EV are going to take some time to get UpTo ice cars in the luxury car segment doing what luxury cars do best. To that point I miss lucids handling and driving dynamics. They have been the best I have experienced.
I drove a few rental teslas recently and I don't understand why anyone would buy a Tesla over a lucid.

I haven't driven the i7 but recently bought a 760 as I didn't want another EV. My air got totalled and its a extremely safe car. The reason for going with a 760 were simply comfort, luxury and the tech. The software is still buggy on 760 more stable than air but buggy. My major pet peeve with air was fit and finish alongside the road noise. Lucid as an EV is currently the best on the market with the everything taken into account for but EV are going to take some time to get UpTo ice cars in the luxury car segment doing what luxury cars do best. To that point I miss lucids handling and driving dynamics. They have been the best I have experienced.
I drove a few rental teslas recently and I don't understand why anyone would buy a Tesla over a lucid.
Do you miss the chuckability of the Air?

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope everyone in the car is ok. Which body shop did you take your car to? How was the service? How much was the estimate to repair it? I have owned both the DE & Stealth models. Have put over 32000 miles on both & some loaners in the process. I also own the i7 and put over 8000 miles on the i7. I really like the i7 for the smooth ride & all the things that my Air doesn’t have. I got the Level 3 (assist plus) software so I can drive on divided highways on FSD mode. I have not had any software glitches or any problems with the i7 and believe it’s better EV than all others in the market. I like my Lucid but the i7 is in a class by itself. I know I’m going to get attacked by some Lucid owners here but I doubt any of them have owned or driven 2 Airs for as many miles as I have or an i7 to be fair. Lucid is definitely better than Tesla S or Audi Etron but the i7 & Taycan are better engineered & built cars.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope everyone in the car is ok. Which body shop did you take your car to? How was the service? How much was the estimate to repair it? I have owned both the DE & Stealth models. Have put over 32000 miles on both & some loaners in the process. I also own the i7 and put over 8000 miles on the i7. I really like the i7 for the smooth ride & all the things that my Air doesn’t have. I got the Level 3 (assist plus) software so I can drive on divided highways on FSD mode. I have not had any software glitches or any problems with the i7 and believe it’s better EV than all others in the market. I like my Lucid but the i7 is in a class by itself. I know I’m going to get attacked by some Lucid owners here but I doubt any of them have owned or driven 2 Airs for as many miles as I have or an i7 to be fair. Lucid is definitely better than Tesla S or Audi Etron but the i7 & Taycan are better engineered & built cars.
Good to know. My next Turo shall be i7 or Taycan.

The i7 is a VERY nice car. Get the lucid for driving focus, get the 7 for pure luxury and “luxury” features!

300 mile range price starting $105k for bmw i7. Why is it being compared with any lucid?

300 mile range price starting $105k for bmw i7. Why is it being compared with any lucid?
Would you like to see the sticker on my DE or my stealth? The stealth Cost me over $200 K after sales tax & registration for an extra 40-50 miles on driving range. That’s why !!!

Would you like to see the sticker on my DE or my stealth? The stealth Cost me over $200 K after sales tax & registration for an extra 40-50 miles on driving range. That’s why !!!
That is like comparing air pure with de performance

That is like comparing air pure with de performance
Both are the same car. Just different in HP. It’s no different than some ICE car models that one has a 4 Cylinder engine & the other has a V6 or V8. I’m being honest & unbiased when I compare the i7 to Air. I used to love my DE until I replaced it with the Stealth. Once I got the i7, I didn’t even want to drive the Stealth. My stealth has about 800 miles & it has been parked in the garage since I got it last May.

Both are the same car. Just different in HP. It’s no different than some ICE car models that one has a 4 Cylinder engine & the other has a V6 or V8. I’m being honest & unbiased when I compare the i7 to Air. I used to love my DE until I replaced it with the Stealth. Once I got the i7, I didn’t even want to drive the Stealth. My stealth has about 800 miles & it has been parked in the garage since I got it last May.
How’d you get a stealth before they started being manufactured..?

Attachments

• IMG_2450.png
    IMG_2450.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7569.mov
    19.1 MB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back