Blind Reviews

mnewber1

Cars
Air Touring
DE Number
Really? You mean in terms of new features?

I try to remain impartial to them being a startup and having startup issues but these are not great reviews from their employees:

IMG_9243.jpg
IMG_9244.jpg

I try to remain impartial to them being a startup and having startup issues but these are not great reviews from their employees:

View attachment 1117View attachment 1118
That reads like that one poster on Reddit who when confronted with providing proof, disappeared. But it's a good thing to keep an eye on, where was this posted?

That reads like that one poster on Reddit who when confronted with providing proof, disappeared. But it's a good thing to keep an eye on, where was this posted?
Unfortunately, these are verified employees. You provide your @lucidmotors.com email, it sends a verification email to it and you verify that way.

Unfortunately, these are verified employees. You provide your @lucidmotors.com email, it sends a verification email to it and you verify that way.
That is unfortunate, because the non HQ employees I've spoken to all think very highly of the company compared to their previous employer, T---a

The Glassdoor reviews don’t look too bad at all.

Where are the negative reviews from?

A social network called Blind which is an anonymous network for engineers, however, it does verify place of employment as described above.

The Glassdoor reviews don’t look too bad at all.

Where are the negative reviews from?
A social network called Blind which is an anonymous network for engineers, however, it does verify place of employment as described above.
I’ve hired/interviewed hundreds of people in my career. Blind has a natural negative bias, but it does have substantial validity and I’ve used it to find areas a culture or organization needs to course-correct. It has helped a lot in the growth from hundreds into tens-of-thousands of employees.

From looking at blind I’d guess there’s some serious growing pains but nothing too surprising the rapid rate of growth in their various orgs. That said, I’ve been in some major pressure cookers so my standards are skewed :p

It's not only for engineers although I believe them. That said, Blind is a very toxic environment. Lots of trolls and whatnot.

They expect WLB and a 9 - 5 job at a startup that is understaffed while attempting to start production, fix problems, ramp up production, hire as many people as quickly as they can. Lucid probably has had a tough time hiring quality 1st and 2nd level managers and that can really impact culture and morale at a team level. During this phase of company development, even if there was an adequate supply of engineers available for hire, people would be working long hours.

I bet the guys in the service vans that have to handle customers a long distance away aren't too happy either. Growing pains.

I agree with the overall sentiment that Blind is toxic.

Blind is extremely easy to game, and their verification is of questionable value. signed: someone who has simultaneously held multiple blind accounts while “working” at all of them. :)

Also, because of the anonymous nature, it tends to be quite negative in general. These may be true (I don’t know) but I don’t put much stock in Blind, in general.

I wouldn’t take a few bad reviews from employees, especially from engineering and software disciplines, as an overall indication of a company culture. Engineering and Software jobs at these industry leading companies are very challenging and are not for everyone. In fact, I would go so far as to say they are not the right position for most people. It all sounds fun and interesting until you are sitting at your desk and are asked to do what hasn’t been done before on a schedule to a cost target with a due date. I have managed several R & D and product development groups throughout my career and very few people have what it takes to really make a contribution in those environments. Software is especially difficult when you factor in needing fast response time and energy efficiency. I’m sure many thought they were done once the product went into production, only to find themselves working more hours now that there are production yield, supplier quality and assembly tolerance issues that always come up once you start making a product in volume.

Blind is extremely easy to game, and their verification is of questionable value. signed: someone who has simultaneously held multiple blind accounts while “working” at all of them. :)

Also, because of the anonymous nature, it tends to be quite negative in general. These may be true (I don’t know) but I don’t put much stock in Blind, in general.

We have something similar in the biotech world called Cafe Pharma. All anonymous but generally focused on sales force. As usual, a lot of posts are complaining about working conditions and management hypocrisy. But sometimes you get some really juicy stories as well. It’s informative but not a definitive view of company culture.

As a blind app user, I can confirm people only post negative things about the companies. I rarely seen people using that platform praising the company and benefits. I also seen a lot of trolls on that platform. That being said there must be some truth to it if multiple people from that company post the same.

how did you manage to sign with multiple accounts at the same time? did you install the app on multiple devices?

As a blind app user, I can confirm people only post negative things about the companies. I rarely seen people using that platform praising the company and benefits. I also seen a lot of trolls on that platform. That being said there must be some truth to it if multiple people from that company post the same.
I've found it useful to look for particular themes of where to improve a company. The trolls are usually easy to find and disregard, and the disgruntled employee reviews often have some truths to them.

The best way I found it used was to look for toxic team cultures or leadership mis-prioritizing things. In really big orgs you can home in on where a lead's personality can cause issues downstream and then work to correct it.

Blind is an anonymous review site - and by nature, people go in there and spread toxic & nasty reviews without worrying about consequences. It's almost like a dark-ground place for disgruntled employees.

Pick any company, then read the review on Blind, you'll see mostly rants & nasty comments about it. Whether it's Apple, Google, Nvdia, or Tesla, it's all nasty on Blind.

They're like a crack house for reviews

Blind is an anonymous review site - and by nature, people go in there and spread toxic & nasty reviews without worrying about consequences. It's almost like a dark-ground place for disgruntled employees.

Pick any company, then read the review on Blind, you'll see mostly rants & nasty comments about it. Whether it's Apple, Google, Nvdia, or Tesla, it's all nasty on Blind.

They're like a crack house for reviews

Wouldn't you say that's also the overall purpose of Blind? To be able to anonymously air any grievances you have with your company without fear of retaliation?

Back