Best reactions to your Air

I think this thread is getting g a little too political…

Probably time to return to the thread’s topic. Don’t want to take us too far off base.

I just had a weird one.

I was parked outside my mother-in-law’s place. Waiting for my wife. Guy on an E-bike rolls up and motions for me to roll down my window.

“Wow. Who even makes that?”

“They’re called Lucid. They build them in Arizona.”

“All right. Nice. And all-electric. That’s waaaay better looking than a Model S.”

“Thanks. I think so, too.”

“So what was the damage?”

“A lot.”

“What, like Model S price?”

“Yeah. Similar. Depends on how you option it.”

“Cool. Well, I’ve got my electric vehicle here, too.”

“Right on.”

And then he drove off.

It’s hard for me to tell anymore, given I live in Colorado. But I’m pretty sure he was high as a kite.

This thread has been dead for a month, and I didn’t want to post anything until I saw a trend. This past week, I got 2-3 interests per day either at stoplights or at a parking lot with the question of “how do you like it?” versus “what is it?”

Maybe the branding and marketing is finally taking hold, but I live in Sherman Oaks, CA where there are a lot of Tesla and other EV owners. But this is a big shift from 6 months ago as the people asking were familiar with Lucid. I see a new Air every other day or so now where I live so this is a good sign.

This thread has been dead for a month, and I didn’t want to post anything until I saw a trend. This past week, I got 2-3 interests per day either at stoplights or at a parking lot with the question of “how do you like it?” versus “what is it?”

Maybe the branding and marketing is finally taking hold, but I live in Sherman Oaks, CA where there are a lot of Tesla and other EV owners. But this is a big shift from 6 months ago as the people asking were familiar with Lucid. I see a new Air every other day or so now where I live so this is a good sign.
Nice observation. My last interaction -- at a stop light as well -- was "is that a Lucid?" Yes, progress indeed.

Yeah in the last month in my neighborhood I’ve seen a silver GT, red Touriing, white GT with black wrapped roof and yellow calipers, and a quantum grey GT performance with stealth package. A guy came up to me at the EA charger and was going on about how awesome the Sapphire seemed. It was a WalMart EA and he did appear that his primary hobby was meth, but nonetheless he was aware of the brand. 🤷‍♂️

@b9bby do you have any standard marketing stickers, biz cards, or 1 pagers promoting lucidowners.com or luciduptates.com files either psd or PNG? I think it's worthwhile for a few to print these out to prospective buyers because for many, the best resource for their shopping is this forum from all the members' feedback (good or bad). Simple QR codes could work if you can set it up. I've met so many recent prospective buyers that don't even know this forum exists (or maybe don't care even if I point them this way?)

@b9bby do you have any standard marketing stickers, biz cards, or 1 pagers promoting lucidowners.com or luciduptates.com files either psd or PNG? I think it's worthwhile for a few to print these out to prospective buyers because for many, the best resource for their shopping is this forum from all the members' feedback (good or bad). Simple QR codes could work if you can set it up. I've met so many recent prospective buyers that don't even know this forum exists (or maybe don't care even if I point them this way?)
My recent Lucid loaner had a QR code in the rear quarter of each back side window which I thought was a nice marketing angle for the curious.

A few weeks ago while visiting Santa Fe, I had a guy run up to me and ask “How many miles do you actually get with that?” He had clearly heard Lucids get great range and wanted me to confirm it.

While driving to a wedding in VA, two young men in a work van chased me, waving their arms. Turns out they were huge fans and this was the first one they'd seen. One of the guys said, "I'm buying stock in Lucid!".

Did a launch in my Dream with a friend that was wearing flip flops. His feet slid back out of the flip flops and that is how he describes the launch to everyone.
Time to do the same thing with a lady friend in your Sapphire and see if you can get her pants off 🤯

Ahem. Excuse me. There’s ladies in this group. Keep it clean please. But I’d kind of like to see if that’s possible 🤣
@Charley found your first volunteer here...

Ahem. Excuse me. There’s ladies in this group. Keep it clean please. But I’d kind of like to see if that’s possible 🤣
I was thinking more of maybe getting her out of her shirt but pants work too! 🤔 😉😂

True story. My wife and I went to our vet with our cat last week. The vet had seen our Lucid out the window and asked several questions about it. He was aware of Lucid and struck by the design of the car and its beauty. After answering several of his questions, I told him how prior to buying the car I had read someone's forum post about warning people not to buy the car if they were shy about strangers stopping them routinely, admiring the car and asking questions. I told him I thought the poster had probably embellished, but after owning the car for about 4 months I was able to confirm this poster was 100% correct. Having people come up to me on an almost daily basis was a real thing.

So we leave the vet and I swear, it was no more than about 2 blocks, a guy in a Caddy pulls up, motioning us to roll down the windows. He then says, "what is that, who makes it, it's absolutely gorgeous"! As we pulled away we both laughed given what we had just told our vet. :)

Oh trust me, I’ve been in security my whole life. I was very concerned.

I talked to him at length though - he lives in the area and had seen the car a few times, and he wanted a picture of the plate because he loved it so much. He’s in sales at a software security company, we exchanged LinkedIn profiles, etc. He was legit, but it could’ve easily gone the other way.
I work in Cyber security company as well, zero day attack is a nightmare for security professionals

Back