Best reactions to your Air

I tried to order a rear license plate frame for our Lucid that read, "Not Your Father's Oldsmobile", but I couldn't find a way to fit it all on in a legible size.
I learned to drive in my father's Oldsmobile! It's not something I'd want to drive around now, or even worse, try to fit into a standard parking spot.

Hit a monster pothole & got my 1st blowout...service guy from my insurance co showed up in 15 mins & said he wanted to be the first to respond so he could see a Lucid & tell his friends about it.

BTW, just bought a spare tire 2 weeks ago which saved our outing. If you're in a snowy climate do yourself a favor & pick one up!

Hit a monster pothole & got my 1st blowout...service guy from my insurance co showed up in 15 mins & said he wanted to be the first to respond so he could see a Lucid & tell his friends about it.

BTW, just bought a spare tire 2 weeks ago which saved our outing. If you're in a snowy climate do yourself a favor & pick one up!
Bought mine before the car was even delivered and I'm on 21's.

Why your insurance for a blowout? Were you able to continue with the spare?

Why your insurance for a blowout? Were you able to continue with the spare?
Yeah, Lucid was very responsive but said they could only arrange for a tow to a local tire shop, but not for someone to put my spare on...which I found a bit odd. Most insurers include roadside service so not a big deal to use this as an alternative.

I had a woman in DC traffic stop her car in the opposing lane roll down her window to ask, "What kind of car is that?!" Her lane started moving yet she still wanted to talk about it. People started honking. She did NOT care. People on the sidewalk stopped to see what was going on and I got another shout asking what the car was and who makes it. Strange 30 seconds!

Most common interaction by far: "What kind of car is that?" "Lucid." "Who makes it?"

Latest interaction: My wife had minor surgery three days ago. The hospital is in downtown Portland and has valet parking because parking in Portland generally sucks. Following her surgery and recovery, we called for the valet service a good fifteen or twenty minutes before my wife could get into a wheelchair to be pushed down to the hospital entrance. The car had been waiting for us at the entrance for probably five or ten minutes by the time we got there. As the nurse's aide wheeled my wife to the Air, a woman seated near the entrance said, "Nice car." Since we were past her (and it was dark by then), I wasn't sure she was talking to me, so I turned and smiled. She said, "NICE CAR!!!"

Pretty much all of the interactions have been variations on that theme. Though, I did get one older guy as I was coming out of the Post Office who told me how much he loved the color of the car (Zenith Red), and then proceeded to tell me how much he hated EVs but man, he loved that color. Life with a Lucid Air ...

"Buick"

"Oh, I didn't know Buick still made cars."

"That's Oldsmobile."

end of conversation = I've established that I am a hostile authority

Back