Best reactions to your Air

Went to Rocky Mountain National Park this weekend. Stopped by the side of the road for a bit because we saw some young elk grazing nearby and wanted to admire them from a respectful distance.

Guy pulls up behind my car, stops, opens his window, and shouts over to me, “Nice car!” And then drives off.

“Thanks!”

I don’t think he even saw the elk.

Came out of the hotel and found 4 guys standing around it talking and motioning at the car. “Do you like it?” I asked as I walked up behind them. I wound up opening the doors, trunk, and frunk so they could get a good look and referring them to the Lucid and Munro channels on You Tube. I think Rawlinson should name us Promotion Associates and give us cards with a QR codes that take gawkers to the Lucid You Tube channel and the reservation page.

Came out of the hotel and found 4 guys standing around it talking and motioning at the car. “Do you like it?” I asked as I walked up behind them. I wound up opening the doors, trunk, and frunk so they could get a good look and referring them to the Lucid and Munro channels on You Tube. I think Rawlinson should name us Promotion Associates and give us cards with a QR codes that take gawkers to the Lucid You Tube channel and the reservation page.
The owners are the best marketing that Lucid currently have. Their current ads and marketing comes nowhere to people interested in the car getting the value prop from owners who love the car. Half the time that I get approached and asked about the car, I feel like I'm in sales mode because I love the car that much.

I have had quite a few reactions. There have been several "thumb's up", a few rolled down windows with compliments, people taking pics as I come out of a restaurant to my parked car, one couple I saw walk around the car three times while I crossed the mall parking lot, several compliments/questions in the grocery store parking lot, many turned heads, etc. My favorite was a little boy, no more than 10 years old, getting into his mother's car. We were going to eat and driving between two buildings to a parking lot behind the building where the restaurant is located. I almost hit him. He jumped from behind his mother into the middle of the street and proceeded to jump up and down and point directly at us with the biggest, excited smile. My wife and I could only laugh.

as i'm walking out of a leslies pool store, an elderly gentle man was walking in and did a dbl-take at my black AT, about 5 seconds later he comes back out and says 'what IS that!?' and like others on here say, i jump into sales mode! pop the frunk - check out all this space! he says 'oh, its a rear engine?' - nope, dual electric, 4wd. open the doors - check out the legroom in the rear! he says nice - starts to walk back in the store, but turns around: where's it made? arizona. nice...starts to walk away again.. turns: how far does it get on a charge? little under 400 miles. nice!
like ghengis says - i think owners are the best marketers!

as i'm walking out of a leslies pool store, an elderly gentle man was walking in and did a dbl-take at my black AT, about 5 seconds later he comes back out and says 'what IS that!?' and like others on here say, i jump into sales mode! pop the frunk - check out all this space! he says 'oh, its a rear engine?' - nope, dual electric, 4wd. open the doors - check out the legroom in the rear! he says nice - starts to walk back in the store, but turns around: where's it made? arizona. nice...starts to walk away again.. turns: how far does it get on a charge? little under 400 miles. nice!
like ghengis says - i think owners are the best marketers!
Agreed! My wife makes fun of me because I'm always ready to answer questions if given the chance.

I took a quick drive just now. I was stopped at a light behind a Model S. The driver opened his window and yelled back to me "That's so cool!"

Not all tesla owners are toxic.. some genuinely appreciate engineering and technology.

Plaid owners appreciating the engineering and technology of the yoke Elon played on them, and believe in a self-driving car myth.

To your point: Everyone seems attracted to body design? For me, it's what I can't see that thrills me: the engineering and technology.
I try to explain what massive innovation has gone into the Lucid = crickets and puzzled looks.

Best reaction for me so far. I was at a red light. A Tesla pulled up slowly, clearly looking at the car. Rolled their window down and motioned for me to do the same. They said what is this, a super Tesla? I laughed and said no. They said Elon Musk? I said no look up Lucid Motors. Talked a bit about the specs. His jaw dropped. I said check it out online. He said ok. Light changed and I sped away. 😂

Parked in the town square of a small town and went to a restaurant. When I came out, there was a young man sitting on a bench just a few feet from my car. When I walked up he asked if I owned it. Told him I did. He said he owned a Tesla Model 3, and pointed it out across the street. He told me that he had never seen a Lucid in person so sat on the bench waiting for me to return. No idea how long he was waiting, but I was in the restaurant for a couple of hours - they had a comedy show. Gave him the grand tour and shared some specs. He was blown away.

Parked in the town square of a small town and went to a restaurant. When I came out, there was a young man sitting on a bench just a few feet from my car. When I walked up he asked if I owned it. Told him I did. He said he owned a Tesla Model 3, and pointed it out across the street. He told me that he had never seen a Lucid in person so sat on the bench waiting for me to return. No idea how long he was waiting, but I was in the restaurant for a couple of hours - they had a comedy show. Gave him the grand tour and shared some specs. He was blown away.
I mean, worse has happened to people, kinda like people literally FOLLOWING you home to talk about the car.

I mean, worse has happened to people, kinda like people literally FOLLOWING you home to talk about the car.
I didn't feel uncomfortable or even put-out. I'm always happy to show off my car to those interested. Granted, he didn't follow me home, he was just hanging out in a public place.

I had a dream scenario a couple of weeks ago. I was pulling up to a red light and there was a young guy with a brand new Ferrari approaching the light also. Both of us in the first spot. He had his window down and was revving it up, making that beautiful noise a Ferrari makes. I had time to put it in Sprint mode before the light changed. I was ahead and shut it down as we approached the next light. I rolled the passenger window down and he smiled and said “Yours is faster but mine sounds way better”.

I had a dream scenario a couple of weeks ago. I was pulling up to a red light and there was a young guy with a brand new Ferrari approaching the light also. Both of us in the first spot. He had his window down and was revving it up, making that beautiful noise a Ferrari makes. I had time to put it in Sprint mode before the light changed. I was ahead and shut it down as we approached the next light. I rolled the passenger window down and he smiled and said “Yours is faster but mine sounds way better”.
Funny enough, thats the first message from the thread "Have you been tested in your lucid."
Also, just pray it wasnt a sf90 stradale, because those have a 2.5 0 60...

I feel as though you see these comments more often with Lucid than Tesla now. Tesla's really saturated the market so it's not as "special" anymore.

Back