Best reactions to your Air

Several times I have come back to car to find a headprint and some fingerprints on outside of drivers window from someone who must have been wanting to see insides of car up close.
All you need to do is get their phones... press the fingerprint against the car... Voila!

I have three entries for this thread this week:

1 - Neighbour 1: "Love your new Tesla."
2 - Neighbour 2 (drives a Model S Plaid): "You bought a Lucid?" "yup". "DUDE."
3 - Bloke in a white late-model Camry holding up traffic exiting a Wal Mart so he could get a picture of my car charging at the EA station. People were honking at him and everything.

I've rarely had any comments on my car over the past several months for unclear reasons. I've now been in LA for 2 days and have had multiple people give me aggressive thumbs up, multiple people staring at my car for prolonged periods, and multiple people telling me how beautiful/awesome it is.

The best reaction though was earlier today. We were backing out of a parking spot when a young boy (maybe 8 or so years old) started running towards us from the front waving us down. He the asked "Is your car from the future? Because it sure looks like it!" We laughed and said it sounds like it too (with the back up noise).

My wife had a dinner with a large group of potential business partners. I dropped her off and picked her up at the restaurant in the Touring. I parked the car right at the entrance when picking her up. As the group was exiting the restaurant, I noticed two of her guests were staring and gesturing to each other about the car. They had that now very recognizable “What is that?!” look on their faces.

When they saw my wife approaching the passenger side, one of them said “Wait. That’s your car?” And that was followed by me getting out, and all of us having a ten-minute discussion about Lucid. Showing them the interior. Talking numbers.

“620 horsepower?”

“Yeah. And this isn’t the fast one.”

Turns out one of the guys had previously worked in the auto industry. He was fascinated by every aspect of the Lucid.

I think the car may have helped seal a few deals.

That is what we are saying. People just need to see it and drive it. That is what made the EV event in Escondido yesterday so valuable. There were 6 of us owners there and the San Diego Lucid studio team with three test drive cars. They were out non-stop on the test drive route which included a spot where they could put it into launch mode. There were two boys in their 20’s who test drove a performance and said “it was gnarly” about the launch mode.

Driving @75 mph on I-95 (one lane over from passing lane) and a motorcycle zooms up then slows to pace me for quite a while. I finally glanced over and he gave me the thumbs up and then zoomed on. That was weird.

I had a sort of funny one the other morning. As I was stopped in a line of traffic at a light, a couple of high school kids on their way to school driving a minivan stopped next to me even though their lane was open, motioned for me to roll down the window, smiled and asked me 'What's the retail on that thing?!?!" I paused, chuckled at the question and just replied 'Uhhh... I forgot' They laughed and drove off

That is what we are saying. People just need to see it and drive it. That is what made the EV event in Escondido yesterday so valuable. There were 6 of us owners there and the San Diego Lucid studio team with three test drive cars. They were out non-stop on the test drive route which included a spot where they could put it into launch mode. There were two boys in their 20’s who test drove a performance and said “it was gnarly” about the launch mode.
“Lean your head back or the car will do it for you” - @LucidDropkick

I had a similar experience today. Took my car in for a required safety inspection to a local tire shop. All the bays emptied out with everyone gathered around the car!
I love cars so went to a local Cars and Coffee event. Unfortunately, when I arrived it was mostly muscle cars with their hoods up displaying their powerful engines. Everyone starred at my me and my Air GT. Then the questions started, when i explained its 0 to 60mph time, they all looked glum and walked away crestfallen. I finished my coffee and then left. A paradigm shift they didn't see coming. All that noise and roaring, beaten by a silent EV.

Going to the grocery store and park, a guy come running up to me "Is that thing a spaceship, cuz it sure looks like one!" .. not surprised, he never heard of Lucid, but asked if he could take some pictures for his brother

I love cars so went to a local Cars and Coffee event. Unfortunately, when I arrived it was mostly muscle cars with their hoods up displaying their powerful engines. Everyone starred at my me and my Air GT. Then the questions started, when i explained its 0 to 60mph time, they all looked glum and walked away crestfallen. I finished my coffee and then left. A paradigm shift they didn't see coming. All that noise and roaring, beaten by a silent EV.
Shoulda spun its wheels a bit exiting... just dont do a mustang.

Did you put your hood up and have it packed to the gills with grocery bags or luggage???? THEN tell them what your 0-60 was?😽

"Is that car from the future?"
"Well, yes."
iu
"... looks like a space ship."

"Sounds like one too."

I pulled up to a four-way stop in my neighborhood. On the opposite side were two ten-year-old boys sitting in a golf cart with a third hanging on askew in the back. Urgently waving their hands, they signaled me to stop. At first, I thought someone might have been hurt. I pulled my car next to their cart and rolled down the window. "What kind of car is that?", the first boy shouted. The second said. "It's a Lucid!" The third asked, "Is it any good?" I told them it was a great car. The first boy countered, "I've heard that the Nio is a better car." I laughed and suggested that he might want to do some more research.

I pulled up to a four-way stop in my neighborhood. On the opposite side were two ten-year-old boys sitting in a golf cart with a third hanging on askew in the back. Urgently waving their hands, they signaled me to stop. At first, I thought someone might have been hurt. I pulled my car next to their cart and rolled down the window. "What kind of car is that?", the first boy shouted. The second said. "It's a Lucid!" The third asked, "Is it any good?" I told them it was a great car. The first boy countered, "I've heard that the Nio is a better car." I laughed and suggested that he might want to do some more research.
Nio isnt even in america lol

Like many of you I've experienced the extended glances (more so gawking) and/or stares in the store parking lots, at intersections, etc. As well, I've been stopped and asked more questions than I can remember since taking delivery of my AGT. However the most amusing reaction I experienced ..it's morning rush hour (~7:30 AM) and a woman driving a [brand] new Chevy Suburban pulled along-side of me as I transitioned down an on ramp to the 101 Frwy (in Peoria, AZ). She rolls down her [front] passenger window (embarrassing her teenage daughter) and shouts at me if I would tell her the name of my car, provide her the company name or website, or better yet.. could I just pull off the Frwy at the next exit so she could get the information!

After my initial curiosity and wonder for why someone would be yelling at me as I rolled to a stop at the Frwy on-ramp signal (I thought I may have cut her off or something to that sort), I recognized by the expression on her daughter's face that she was a 'fan'-atic of my AGT and was obviously an extrovert unashamed of gaining the information she wanted ..in a manner most would see as unusual [to say the least].

Note: Cosmos Cruz.. my AGT is nicknamed, "George" for obvious reasons. Thanks for the cartoon pic as it's confirmation my daughter & I name my AGT accordingly!

And for those curious to know if I pulled over, the answer is no. I told her my cars maker's name was spelled out across the back and she could simply add a ".com" to it and learn everything there was to know. Given the recent rise in gas prices I wonder if she planned on trading in the Suburban?!

A couple of guys doing an Instagram photo shoot or something as they were charging their Teslas at a supercharger stopped dead and took pictures of my car as I was leaving the parking lot next door. Smile and wave boys. Smile and wave

Like many of you I've experienced the extended glances (more so gawking) and/or stares in the store parking lots, at intersections, etc. As well, I've been stopped and asked more questions than I can remember since taking delivery of my AGT. However the most amusing reaction I experienced ..it's morning rush hour (~7:30 AM) and a woman driving a [brand] new Chevy Suburban pulled along-side of me as I transitioned down an on ramp to the 101 Frwy (in Peoria, AZ). She rolls down her [front] passenger window (embarrassing her teenage daughter) and shouts at me if I would tell her the name of my car, provide her the company name or website, or better yet.. could I just pull off the Frwy at the next exit so she could get the information!

After my initial curiosity and wonder for why someone would be yelling at me as I rolled to a stop at the Frwy on-ramp signal (I thought I may have cut her off or something to that sort), I recognized by the expression on her daughter's face that she was a 'fan'-atic of my AGT and was obviously an extrovert unashamed of gaining the information she wanted ..in a manner most would see as unusual [to say the least].

Note: Cosmos Cruz.. my AGT is nicknamed, "George" for obvious reasons. Thanks for the cartoon pic as it's confirmation my daughter & I name my AGT accordingly!

And for those curious to know if I pulled over, the answer is no. I told her my cars maker's name was spelled out across the back and she could simply add a ".com" to it and learn everything there was to know. Given the recent rise in gas prices I wonder if she planned on trading in the Suburban?!
Well thats not the right website...

I was recently driving on the highway in the right lane. A work pickup truck pulls up next to me In the left lane. The guy in the front passenger seat starts taking pictures of my car with his phone and then takes a selfie with my car in the background. After that they zoom away.

Back