Battery Range

Seems like it should be easy enough to have an onscreen button to select driver profile, if facial recognition is really the limiting factor here. And how much data in a driver profile could there possibly be to load? I still suspect a poorly optimized loading sequence. It will be interesting to see how they address these problems.

It will be interesting to see WHEN they address these problems as well.

Seems like it should be easy enough to have an onscreen button to select driver profile, if facial recognition is really the limiting factor here.

There is a choice in settings to have the adjustments done based on the proximity of the key instead of facial recognition but I, too, wish there were a button to switch between profiles manually.

There is a choice in settings to have the adjustments done based on the proximity of the key instead of facial recognition but I, too, wish there were a button to switch between profiles manually.
There is, on the left side of the right most screen. When you setup your profile and choose the picture. If you push the picture you can change profile.

There is, on the left side of the right most screen. When you setup your profile and choose the picture. If you push the picture you can change profile.

Hmmm. There is a small icon just to the left of the Homelink icon that has my initials for my profile. However, when I press it, only my name is listed on the profiles that come up although we have another driver programmed into the car with facial recognition. (There is a "+ Add Driver" button, too.) So the adjustments to his settings happen when he gets behind the wheel, but if I wanted to activate his settings while I am behind the wheel, I can't. This is not something I would normally do, but I would like to set up an "Exit" profile that moves the seat back and raises the steering wheel for getting out of the car with the touch of a button.

This and the Homelink icon are very small -- narrower than my finger tip. Although I tried to be very precise in centering my finger on the Homelink icon, it was almost always the Profile icon that responded. I now find the most reliable way to bring up Homelink is to press between the Homelink and the Bluetooth icon further to the right. Sometimes I really, really miss real buttons in cars.

With Lucid, especially if you are relying on facial recognition to establish the profile, it won't adjust anything until your facial profile is recognized and that profile is then loaded. Hence why the seats won't move until facial rec loads your specific profile. I haven't tested it the other way with facial rec off so I can't comment on whether it would be faster or slower using that method of profile adjustment.
That would be a very easy test for you to run. I’m sure we’d all be curious about the results.

Well, I just booked a car through AVIS as a potential back-up. If the car isn't running optimally by June I am fearful a 2,000+ road trip is a good idea.

Back