Battery degradation after 1 year or OTA 2.0.61 ?

Tesla2.0

Referral Code - F0ZQ8SWA
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
After 1 year ownership, my AGT 21” is no longer 469 mi range, but lost to 458 mi range.

Or is it the effect of new 2.0.61 OTA update for better range estimate suiting my driving style?

In any case, I welcome both.
(1 - 458/469) = -2.35% loss
89F86710-ADE4-427E-AC51-8AA6264CC511.png851C6302-8C28-49AF-BE8A-D020FFB97C8D.png

After 1 year ownership, my AGT 21” is no longer 469 mi range, but lost to 458 mi range.

Or is it the effect of new 2.0.61 OTA update for better range estimate suiting my driving style?

View attachment 11839View attachment 11840
Interesting! I wonder if they finally updated the ETA to reflect real world driving style? That would be really great honestly

Interesting! I wonder if they finally updated the ETA to reflect real world driving style? That would be really great honestly
Using the built-in navigation and estimator does not appear to be as inaccurate as it used to be. Maybe others can chime in, but I've been hitting closer to the stated expected SoC on arrival (few percentage vs. 10+%).

Using the built-in navigation and estimator does not appear to be as inaccurate as it used to be. Maybe others can chime in, but I've been hitting closer to the stated expected SoC on arrival (few percentage vs. 10+%).
I recall the navigation ONLY was fixed in like feb or march.

I recall the navigation ONLY was fixed in like feb or march.
I use SoC in percentage with my trip average (only on long trips or low state of charge), so nothing to contribute on that end. Surprising and pleasant bump in efficiency with the warmer weather and post 5k miles though. I drive the car hard all the time, so the better estimation is drastically improved at least for the navigation.

That would be a good improvement. I haven't really kept track in this car. My last car seemed to average miles per battery charge of your last few drives and give you an estimated miles you had on the current charge. It was a PHEV, so I had to charge it every night. I sold it to my brother when I bought the Lucid and told him he would see better numbers after a while because he doesn't do fast starts and drives slower than I do.

That would be a good improvement. I haven't really kept track in this car. My last car seemed to average miles per battery charge of your last few drives and give you an estimated miles you had on the current charge. It was a PHEV, so I had to charge it every night. I sold it to my brother when I bought the Lucid and told him he would see better numbers after a while because he doesn't do fast starts and drives slower than I do.
There appears to be realtime adjustment based on the average since the car is started. Drive it harder, estimate drops lower. Drive it easier, estimate might trickle back up (harder to recover from hard driving than it is to destroy efficient driving with hard driving).

I use SoC in percentage with my trip average (only on long trips or low state of charge), so nothing to contribute on that end. Surprising and pleasant bump in efficiency with the warmer weather and post 5k miles though. I drive the car hard all the time, so the better estimation is drastically improved at least for the navigation.
Yes, I welcome warmer weather here also. I’m seeing 3.1~3.2 now instead of 2.8.

Yes, I welcome warmer weather here also. I’m seeing 3.1~3.2 now instead of 2.8.
So far, on this road trip, I’ve gotten 3.6 and I haven’t been babying the pedal. I reset Trip A at the beginning of the trip.

image.jpg

View attachment 11839View attachment 11840

It could be both. EV battery degradation tends to be be a hockey stick, with a fairly steep capacity decline rate in the first few months that then flattens before it eventually settles in the 7-8% loss of range for some years afterward. A 2-3% loss in the first year is in keeping with this pattern. I've noticed similar degradation patterns in our first and second Lucid Air Dreams with 17,000 and 5,200 miles, respectively.

Back