Battery/charging

Johnboy

Cars
Grand Touring
A customer care rep told me that after a couple of thousand miles my range would improve a lot as the algorithm learned my driving habits. I thought, ‘ok it might a little bit.’ I was wrong it suddenly changed today with about 1050 miles on the odometer and it went from 2.8-2.9 highway and 2.5 around town to 3.7-3.8 combined. Shockingly large improvement I’m please to report. Hope its for real!!! I think it is!!

A customer care rep told me that after a couple of thousand miles my range would improve a lot as the algorithm learned my driving habits. I thought, ‘ok it might a little bit.’ I was wrong it suddenly changed today with about 1050 miles on the odometer and it went from 2.8-2.9 highway and 2.5 around town to 3.7-3.8 combined. Shockingly large improvement I’m please to report. Hope its for real!!! I think it is!!
I am skeptical but want to sign up. I will say that my service advisor told me to use more of the battery capacity a few times to help with the range calculation. I was skeptical about that comment also but maybe there is something to it. Before that I was charging almost every night. I am around 900 miles now.

I don't have an electric car and I know little about batteries beyond the fact that they exist. Can someone explain how that makes sense? I can sort of understand how remaining range might be something that can be assessed better given more information, but I would think that miles/kWh would be a "hard" measurement and not something derived heuristically.

I am skeptical but want to sign up. I will say that my service advisor told me to use more of the battery capacity a few times to help with the range calculation. I was skeptical about that comment also but maybe there is something to it. Before that I was charging almost every night. I am around 900 miles now.
I don't have an electric car and I know little about batteries beyond the fact that they exist. Can someone explain how that makes sense? I can sort of understand how remaining range might be something that can be assessed better given more information, but I would think that miles/kWh would be a "hard" measurement and not something derived heuristically.
That’s what I imagined too. I’ll report back after more confirmation but right now I’m getting what I expected.

He must be referring to the range estimate...not the actual range.

That’s sooo interesting. I juts completed 1000 miles on my GT after a 450 miles boston to NYC trip and now suddenly I’m getting a LOT better range!! Like it jumped from 2.5 to 3.8 today!

I wonder if this is why mine has been good, since I didn’t really notice the 4200 mi I put on it already before I started looking at range.

That’s sooo interesting. I juts completed 1000 miles on my GT after a 450 miles boston to NYC trip and now suddenly I’m getting a LOT better range!! Like it jumped from 2.5 to 3.8 today!
This just doesn’t make any sense. As @AnotherGuyFromTheBayArea said, range estimate changes I understand. I’m at 3.5 for trips with under 1,000 miles. Can’t see it going up much from there given speed etc.

Pleased to hear … your roadtrip average felt so wrong

Very same result that I experienced, that confirms to me that its real

What’s the average speed you drive at and secondly what’s the outside temps? I am
In North east and typically drive around 80 and trying to gauge what mi/kWh I should expect. Thanks!

I haven’t had enough mileage with the sudden change in mi/kWh yet to give you a good answer.

Back