Average mi/kwh

Personally, I stop when the charging speed is anything less than 100 kwh
Certainly the time involved is an issue, as is if there are others waiting for the charger or not... in some sense the question (ignoring those time/availablity factors) is more about how to capture more energy due to a better cool down curve...

I drive the exact same way as @GEWC - keeping high regen, and prolonging how long I can hold the regen. My cars average is sitting at 4.2 mi/kWh and has spent significant time at both the service center and a wrap shop where it’s lost a total of 80 miles sitting for 2 weeks being toyed with. I easily achieve epa when I have the car driving this way. Never once used CC either.

Fun facts on Ford F-150 with Towing and range.

I just reached the 1600 mile mark and magically I went from 2.1 miles per kilowatt to 4.4 miles per kilowatt the last 100 miles. Wow!

I just reached the 1600 mile mark and magically I went from 2.1 miles per kilowatt to 4.4 miles per kilowatt the last 100 miles. Wow!
Did I miss something? Is 1600 miles the Break-In period for the batteries?

Last edited:
Did I miss something? Is 1600 miles the Break-In period for the batteries?
The service team at lucid told me 2500 is the break in period. I drove from Detroit to Chicago and I averaged 3.3 miles per kilowatt. Once I returned my average has Increased to 4.3 miles per kilowatt.

Very surprising that a wheel alignment would improve mileage by that much. Probably because the car is so heavy. Which begs the question on how accurate the wheel alignment is when delivered. Has anybody else had an experience like this? I also am wondering when the initial wheel alignment was done. At the factory? At the service center? A long trip on a truck to the service center or from the service center to a home could cause the wheel alignment to go out of whack. As a minimum Lucid should provide the alignment results upon delivery. I get my ICE car wheels aligned every 4000 mi. and they have to make an adjustment every time. I suspect that speed bumps, potholes, road debris, and poor roads are the causes of misalignment for me.
I just got my car back from the Scottsdale service center where I left my car for two weeks while I was out of town. I was getting about 2.7-2.9/kWh on average. They said they couldn’t find anything wrong but did an alignment as it worked on another vehicle (must be the same one you are referring to). I’ve had it back for about 5 days and gone about 170 miles and only at 2.5 KWh so I don’t think it worked for me. I’ll give another week to see if it improves. If not I’m taking it back. I only drive in smooth/high regen.

I just got my car back from the Scottsdale service center where I left my car for two weeks while I was out of town. I was getting about 2.7-2.9/kWh on average. They said they couldn’t find anything wrong but did an alignment as it worked on another vehicle (must be the same one you are referring to). I’ve had it back for about 5 days and gone about 170 miles and only at 2.5 KWh so I don’t think it worked for me. I’ll give another week to see if it improves. If not I’m taking it back. I only drive in smooth/high regen.
A lucid tech confirmed to me that the correct mi/kWh are not being calculated on some (all?) cars. I get similar numbers as you. They pulled my car's data and said everything was clean. I wouldn't put too much weight on the numbers you are seeing until they fix the software issues.

I’m at 1,600 miles, Air GT 19”, and average is 3.4 mi/kWh but that’s with lots of hills, cooler evening temperatures, about 50/50 between swift and smooth modes but always high regen, usually driving 80 on highway and always over the speed limit on lower speed roads and often time I’ll aggressively accelerate to get past bad drivers/trucks carrying cargo that looks poorly secured. I don’t know why you’re kWh sucks but there must be something wrong, unless it’s doing the math wrong? Have you done the math yourself to see if it checks out?

Charge to full, swap to %SOC drive x numbers of miles and see if it matches up. But either way, this should not be necessary.

A quick question on the efficiency front. Has anyone gotten data on efficiency from a long road trip? We have a 2021 Tesla model S long range with the 19” wheels and just drove 2600 miles from Utah to Vermont and the Tesla trip meter says we averaged 282 wh/mi which I think converts to 3.55 mi/kwh. We drove just a bit over the speed limit - between 70 and 80. I was wondering whether the Air would best those numbers.

we go back and forth between Utah and Vermont in the spring and fall so are interested in the air in range, efficiency, charging speed and comfort. Just wondering what we should expect on the efficiency front on this type of trip. On our Tesla we get great numbers (240 wh/mi) on most of our driving and I am sure the Air will do great there as well. Just curious about the hightway cruising.

thanks

A quick question on the efficiency front. Has anyone gotten data on efficiency from a long road trip? We have a 2021 Tesla model S long range with the 19” wheels and just drove 2600 miles from Utah to Vermont and the Tesla trip meter says we averaged 282 wh/mi which I think converts to 3.55 mi/kwh. We drove just a bit over the speed limit - between 70 and 80. I was wondering whether the Air would best those numbers.

we go back and forth between Utah and Vermont in the spring and fall so are interested in the air in range, efficiency, charging speed and comfort. Just wondering what we should expect on the efficiency front on this type of trip. On our Tesla we get great numbers (240 wh/mi) on most of our driving and I am sure the Air will do great there as well. Just curious about the hightway cruising.

thanks
@Bill55 is documenting his cross country road trip Here and Here for reference.
@Pete44 also documented his journey from FL to CT Here

Thanks so much for pointing me to those threads. I’ve tried to browse through them but certainly not all of them.

@Bill55 is documenting his cross country road trip Here and Here for reference.
@Pete44 also documented his journey from FL to CT Here

Great post hydbob. These forums are huge and it is easy to lose track of other postings. Too many people simply respond with something like "use the search engine" or "read the posts already written". What you did for jabbashop is terrific...you gave him the specific posts with links!

Here is my cross country trip average 2.9 NOT SO GOOD using the cruise control at 70 miles an hour for most of the trip.
Super charging has a huge impact on the mileage. I've since found if I do not use CC I get 3.2-3.6.

Attachments

• IMG_3943.jpg
    IMG_3943.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
Here is my cross country trip average 2.9 NOT SO GOOD using the cruise control at 70 miles an hour for most of the trip.
Super charging has a huge impact on the mileage. I've since found if I do not use CC I get 3.2-3.6.
Hmmm … even with ACC I was getting better than this on my roadtrip to Scottsdale - what was the journey @Bill B ? I found myself caught out by headwind, and invisible uphill (eg gentle but long uphill)

Back