Audiophiles! Equalizer settings?

Saw something very similar when I asked Alexa to do a home automation task I had set up. Reboot fixed it. Turns out using the app to lock the car puts it into deep sleep. Waited about 10 seconds and then unlocked. Did all of that with customer service on the phone.
Wait so is the hard reset method now just use app to lock car, wait 10 seconds, then open?

The hard reset method I was given by Customer Service is to turn on the left turn signal, exit the car, lock it, and take the key fob, mobile key, and key card well away from the car for at least 15 minutes. Less than 15 minutes and you will only get the soft reset, which does restore some functions. Which reset you need to do depends on what issue you're trying to correct.

By the way, I'm having a new problem with the audio. I asked Alexa to play a certain album several days ago. That album info (title, artist, album cover) is staying on the upper screen even several days later, no matter what I'm playing. I'll ask Alexa to play other music, the requested music begins, but the album info from several days ago remains on the screen.

Seven months and 8,000 miles in, we still can't get the audio system to work consistently. We've had problems with bass dropouts, white noise screeching from the right rear C-pillar speaker, soundstage too far forward with balance set to center, and now graphics freezing.

When the system is working properly, it's stupendously good. But those days seem to be coming around more randomly and less frequently.

The hard reset method I was given by Customer Service is to turn on the left turn signal, exit the car, lock it, and take the key fob, mobile key, and key card well away from the car for at least 15 minutes. Less than 15 minutes and you will only get the soft reset, which does restore some functions. Which reset you need to do depends on what issue you're trying to correct.

By the way, I'm having a new problem with the audio. I asked Alexa to play a certain album several days ago. That album info (title, artist, album cover) is staying on the upper screen even several days later, no matter what I'm playing. I'll ask Alexa to play other music, the requested music begins, but the album info from several days ago remains on the screen.

Seven months and 8,000 miles in, we still can't get the audio system to work consistently. We've had problems with bass dropouts, white noise screeching from the right rear C-pillar speaker, soundstage too far forward with balance set to center, and now graphics freezing.

When the system is working properly, it's stupendously good. But those days seem to be coming around more randomly and less frequently.
I asked the service tech for the HARD reset. It involves disconnecting both 12V and disconnecting the fireman switch as well. Lol

After 2 days playing around with the audio. I'm really frustrated with how often music just stops playing on Tidal Dolby Atmos tracks. However, when it works it sounds amazing!
I really hope that lucid has some engineers on these threads to help prioritize and squash these software bugs. For me music and navy performance should be flawless as they are the most commonly used.

Concerning there reset method, when you turn on the left turn signal, do you go one notch where it only stays on for a few seconds or do you go 2 notches where it stays on till you make your left turn

The app lock does seem to completely shut down the car. Even if you’re sitting inside the vehicle and use the app to lock it, the entire thing goes dead. If app lock is a reliable soft/hard reset option, that would be much better than the song and dance variations that have thus far been given.

Concerning there reset method, when you turn on the left turn signal, do you go one notch where it only stays on for a few seconds or do you go 2 notches where it stays on till you make your left turn
2 notches for sure

I asked the service tech for the HARD reset. It involves disconnecting both 12V and disconnecting the fireman switch as well. Lol

Then, as often happens, different people are being given different information by different Lucid personnel. I had to make two calls to Lucid Customer Service during the Nav system malfunction that occurred during our road trip. First a female and then a male rep gave me the same instructions for how to do what they called a "hard reset" as distinct from the shorter soft reset procedure.

The app lock does seem to completely shut down the car. Even if you’re sitting inside the vehicle and use the app to lock it, the entire thing goes dead. If app lock is a reliable soft/hard reset option, that would be much better than the song and dance variations that have thus far been given.

I was told explicitly that during the hard reset all passengers had to exit the car. For that reason, we left the EA charging station and drove to a restaurant so that we could get out of the heat while the reset ran.

I was told explicitly that during the hard reset all passengers had to exit the car. For that reason, we left the EA charging station and drove to a restaurant so that we could get out of the heat while the reset ran.
Wish there was an objective and easily accessible way to confirm that a hard reset has just been performed.

Then, as often happens, different people are being given different information by different Lucid personnel. I had to make two calls to Lucid Customer Service during the Nav system malfunction that occurred during our road trip. First a female and then a male rep gave me the same instructions for how to do what they called a "hard reset" as distinct from the shorter soft reset procedure.
I put hard in all caps because the procedures we are doing are considered soft Resets internally

Turn signal isn’t required anymore for the reset method - this was told to me by Lucid CC last week when I was having charging issues. They said anytime the car locks, it resets. I assume this may be a partial reason for the slow boot times.

Turn signal isn’t required anymore for the reset method - this was told to me by Lucid CC last week when I was having charging issues. They said anytime the car locks, it resets. I assume this may be a partial reason for the slow boot times.
Yea the turn signal is just a visual aid to let you know when the car has gone to sleep.

Last edited:
They said anytime the car locks, it resets.

Then the issue I'm having with info for a days-old album choice showing on the Glass Cockpit no matter what music I'm playing isn't resolved by a reset. I'm going to have to call Customer Service yet again.

Epilog to above: just called Customer Service. They confirmed that locking the car should now do a full reset. So they're going to send a mobile tech out to find out why the upper screen no longer displays the music currently playing.

On another note, I just tried to edit my above post and was prevented due to a 10-minute edit time limit. When -- and why -- did that start?

Therefore sitting inside the car and using the phone app to lock it should do a full reset?

I would assume the carefully engineered sound systems in most premium cars are designed to produce the flattest response curves with equalizer settings at center. Thus changing those settings results in tailoring sound to individual preferences rather than producing the most accurate response curves?

I have found that I like the Air's sound best at the preset equalizer settings. My partner is a bass addict, and when he turns the bass up in the Air I find the sound becomes annoyingly bass heavy to my ear. (There is a subtle deep bass line that comes in halfway into Lyle Lovett's "The Road to Ensenada" that I use as a bass reference test. Even at the "0" bass setting in the Air, that bass line vibrates the bottom of the car seats.)

We've had the same experience. Friends sitting in back have enthused over the great audio system, while sitting in the front seats we perceived a very forward sound stage.
I have not tried the back seat but listening to songs from Spotify the system sounds pedestrian at best from the Drivers seat. Actually based on all the BS about Atmos it sounds cheap. Yes, as someone said personal preference. Will try the settings and move the balance to the back trick when I get the car back.

I have not tried the back seat but listening to songs from Spotify the system sounds pedestrian at best from the Drivers seat. Actually based on all the BS about Atmos it sounds cheap. Yes, as someone said personal preference. Will try the settings and move the balance to the back trick when I get the car back.
Moving the balance more to the back seat definitely helps, other than for Atmos tracks where the balance is predetermined. I find for the right songs, the sound is incredible. For some others, not so much. I've made my playlists accordingly.

Well the first problem is using Spotify. You will need to use Tidal to unlock the strength of the audio system.

Back