Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Last edited:
I know Shoegaze is a little genre that doesn’t have a big audience so I don’t even know how many will appreciate this, however this new Slowdive album in Atmos is really blissed out beautiful stuff. They made fantastic use of the medium, really spread the reverb to the height and surround channels, you really notice it if you’re sitting in the back of the car.

I know Shoegaze is a little genre that doesn’t have a big audience so I don’t even know how many will appreciate this, however this new Slowdive album in Atmos is really blissed out beautiful stuff. They made fantastic use of the medium, really spread the reverb to the height and surround channels, you really notice it if you’re sitting in the back of the car.
Oh man. Slowdive is a blast from the past. I saw them live with Ride in 1991 after they put out their first album. I'll definitely check this out!

Oh man. Slowdive is a blast from the past. I saw them live with Ride in 1991 after they put out their first album. I'll definitely check this out!
Ride is excellent! Those tracks Leave Them All Behind and Time Machine off of Going Blank Again sound incredible in the car with the volume cranked.

The Killers' new song "Your Side of Town" is on Atmos. I've had it on eternal repeat this past week in the car. A must listen.

I was also super excited to see the Lord of the Rings soundtrack out in Atmos. Every single track on this album sounds fantastic, I’d guess it’s a good representation of what was originally mixed for the cinema, as that was 5.1, so now you have the extra height and extra surround channels added with Atmos. People don’t realize film scores have been mixed in 5.1 for ages, not stereo, and previously you could only hear it at home as it was intended if you just watched the movie at home with a proper 5.1 setup, but no soundtrack albums were released in 5.1 format so you were never able to hear what only the score by itself in 5.1 sounded like without dialog and sound effects, until streaming services like Tidal and AppleMusic started supporting Atmos. This is an exciting moment for me as in my prior career there were so many times where when we’d lay down the 5.1 stem of the score we’d all think “wow this sounds phenomenal, too bad anyone who is not in a film mixing or scoring stage will ever get to hear the score sound this good”. Well now you can in the Lucid!

Here it is:

Last edited:
The Killers' new song "Your Side of Town" is on Atmos. I've had it on eternal repeat this past week in the car. A must listen.
Could you post the link? I can only find the “max” version on Tidal (what they’re now calling lossless).

I’ve gotta plug this record by John Luther Adams that just came out that my friend recorded in and mixed for Atmos. It really maximizes the format by, of all things, making the double bass a true mono sound source via the center channel, not pseudo vague mono via left and right speakers. He utilizes all the other channels to add broad room/reverb and affects nuances, but the bulk of the heavy lifting is via the center channel. The range of the instrument I feel is finally captured, specially because of the Atmos format. You can hear the nuances of the hair on the bow, the full low end and surprising amount of high frequencies a double bass is capable of, it’s like an orchestra in itself. How funny that one can use a format that can discreetly accommodate up to 64 speakers so that you can make the most of ONE speaker. Here’s the hilight track for me:

Back