• No

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 17 21.0%

• Total voters

marsarbu

Cars
S560, Panamera, Palisade
I am 6 days into my ownership of a 2024 GTA. The car has issues, but no deal breakers. I LOVE IT overall. Unless things go considerably south (with Lucid, with pricing, serious car issues, etc) am already looking fwd to my next Lucid, probably the Gravity. What are your plans at this point, are you planning to get another Lucid?

Don't overthink it :)

Have a deposit on a Volvo EX90, but the range is disappointing and have been reading about some concerning issues, so barring a complete breakdown with Lucid most likely getting the Gravity

My wife wants the Gravity, and has test driven most of the competition. Waiting for reservations to open.

Absolutely. Either a Gravity or a next gen GT . Few years away but I am looking forward to my next Lucid.

I would trade in my Air for another Air. Just waiting for something more impressive from Lucid which would be hard to do since my current Air is impressive. I would love to see Lucid have their own charging network though.

Yes, assuming all goes well for Lucid, we'd be considering a Gravity for my wife.

I would trade in my Air for another Air. Just waiting for something more impressive from Lucid which would be hard to do since my current Air is impressive. I would love to see Lucid have their own charging network though.
I've never seen a Mercedes-Benz Gas Station. I don't see why Lucid needs to jump on the charger network train. Other manufacturers are investing there to: 1) reap the tax rewards, and 2) make their EVs sell better. But they started investing and planning years ago to get where they are now just about ready to start installing chargers. I don't think, at this relatively late stage of the game, that a small company like Lucid needs to divert time and money away from making good cars. Let other companies take care of it.

Yes if/when there’s a reasonable way to lease a Sapphire-less than $4k month for 24 with no money down- I’m in.

Wow mate, why do you need a Sapphire for? Just curious.
Cars are my one true passion, well and watches, and wine, and I guess high-end AV, oh and pinball machines.
In the end I look at these pursuits/ obsessions as a bargain relative to the alternative.
I’ve had more cars than I can count but only one wife…

Planning to upgrade to GT-P ( have a deal in place)
from my 2022 GT but reconsidering since resale is absolutely brutal on Air with current market conditions.

Gravity or Midsize, if the Midsize has decent ground clearance.

I've never seen a Mercedes-Benz Gas Station. I don't see why Lucid needs to jump on the charger network train. Other manufacturers are investing there to: 1) reap the tax rewards, and 2) make their EVs sell better. But they started investing and planning years ago to get where they are now just about ready to start installing chargers. I don't think, at this relatively late stage of the game, that a small company like Lucid needs to divert time and money away from making good cars. Let other companies take care of it.
The concern is the dependency on other companies who have a great charging network, which Lucid owners will rely on for road trips, to not single out a brand by having an outrageous charging rate. If that happens, it will definitely be too late at that time to try to build out a charging network.

Mercedes Benz has and is building their own charging network.

Last edited:
The concern is the dependency on other companies who have a great charging network, which Lucid owners will rely on for road trips, to not single out a brand by having different charging rates. If that happens, it will definitely be too late at that time to try to build out a charging network.

We’re talking about EVs. Not gas. Mercedes Benz has and is building their own charging network.
My point is that we've been just fine with gas stations not being backed by auto manufacturers. There's no reason to believe we won't be just fine with EV stations not backed by auto manufacturers. Yes Mercedes and some others are building out networks, but more importantly, they also spun off an independent company to build out a large network. And Shell is building out a network. Etc.

I think it would be detrimental for auto makers to charge significantly higher rates for other brands charging at their stations. Yes, Tesla does right now, but personally I don't think others will do that going forward. Tesla wanted you to buy their cars to use their charging network. That only works when they are the biggest game in town by far. As more networks are built out, if e.g. Mercedes decided to charge exorbitant rates to non-Mercedes vehicles / give big discounts to Mercedes vehicles... that means negatives for them:

1) Other companies will follow suit and raise prices for Mercedes owners.
2) Mercedes owners are going to only want to use Mercedes chargers, and they'll inevitably be unhappy that there aren't enough.
3) Other vehicle owners are going to drive by Mercedes chargers and not give them any money at all.

They're poisoning their own goal of selling more cars, because they're going from "okay, there are getting to be plenty of chargers around! no range anxiety!" right back around to "ugh, there aren't enough Mercedes chargers around, this EV thing sounds inconvenient." It just wouldn't make any sense. On top of that I wouldn't be surprised if federal regulation eventually got around to saying they must have fair and equal rates to get their federal funding / tax breaks.

Back