Apple Music vs Spotify vs Tidal

KySerenity

Cars
Model S, Pure Reservation
My 2016 Tesla has prepaid connectivity that includes a music streaming service called Slacker. Being an ole fart, I enjoy the Slacker channels for the 60s and 70s. For those of you who have experience with Apple Music, Spotify, and Tidal, how would you compare them?

Do all three have nice collections dedicated to the 60s and 70s? Any chance these collections may be in a format that could take advantage of Surround Sound Pro system with Dolby Atmos?

My 2016 Tesla has prepaid connectivity that includes a music streaming service called Slacker. Being an ole fart, I enjoy the Slacker channels for the 60s and 70s. For those of you who have experience with Apple Music, Spotify, and Tidal, how would you compare them?

Do all three have nice collections dedicated to the 60s and 70s? Any chance these collections may be in a format that could take advantage of Surround Sound Pro system with Dolby Atmos?
I don't believe Spotify has any Dolby Atmos capability. Tidal does have Dolby Atmos available and when it works properly in my DE-P it sounds terrific. Problem is it has a lot of bugs and is not reliable. Also, Tidal doesn't have the extensive Dolby Atmos selections that are available in Apple Music. Also Tidal costs twice as much as Apple Music although in my case Apple Music is "free" as part of my Verizon cellular service. Unfortunately, Apple Music streaming is not yet available on the car. When/if we get CarPlay that will fix the problem and we will be able to stream Apple Music. For the time being I can use Apple Music through Bluetooth and the Dolby Atmos music sounds really good but it is not true Dolby Atmos. So for now, Tidal is the only available option if you want Dolby Atmos sound.

I much prefer Spotify and even Tidal to the old Slacker that the original MS used. The user interface in Slacker was crap, and most of the time if I tried to ask for a specific song, it would provide a different collection of related songs. Spotify much better. Tidal harder to get used to and I don’t find the sound quality any different than Spotify or Amazon Music.

Back