Apple and Amazon music coming to Lucid air?

RamMan

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
There is a lucid job description mentioning that lucid is working with apple and amazon music? It seems like we will finally get some tesla functionality and more!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 9.20.52 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 9.20.52 AM.png
    293.8 KB · Views: 93
Currently, you can request songs on Amazon music by saying “Alexa play song on Amazon music", although you cannot control songs through the car display.

There is a lucid job description mentioning that lucid is working with apple and amazon music? It seems like we will finally get some tesla functionality and more!

Thank goodness. We need that lossless, atmos library!

Also, am I the only one that read it as the apple BRAND and amazon music instead of apple/amazon music?

Although I love that we get more choices to play music from, I don’t think I’ve ever wanted “Tesla functionality” in my car 🤣

I heard at some point about apple doing a deal with lucid, would not be surprised if they decided to buy it or work out some kind of deal with them given their incredible hardware. I think we should see Apple Music sometime soon, makes sense. Watch it be only available for surreal sound pro customers.

We’re talking about potential apps for Apple Music and Amazon Music. Native in the UX. Just like the Tidal app.

Try not to read anything else into it.

I do hope this means Dolby Atmos support in the Apple Music app they build. Thus far, I think Mercedes is the only other company who has done that.

I heard at some point about apple doing a deal with lucid, would not be surprised if they decided to buy it or work out some kind of deal with them given their incredible hardware. I think we should see Apple Music sometime soon, makes sense. Watch it be only available for surreal sound pro customers.
Maybe, just maybe, what is the new vehicle that Apple with Carplay 2.0 will be a Lucid?

Maybe, just maybe, what is the new vehicle that Apple with Carplay 2.0 will be a Lucid?

That would be awesome and hope it could be installed on all Lucid Airs and Lucid does not have to add any updated hardware functionality to get that.

That article is referring to iOS 17’s CarPlay, which we all now have.

CarPlay 2 will require a lot of software development on Lucid’s part. But no new hardware should be required. It’s just a matter of whether (and when) they decide to do it. It’s a big job, so I hope they are already working on it.

All of this has nothing to do with this job description, which seems to be hiring someone to lead a project for native Lucid Apple Music and Amazon Music apps. For those who don’t wish to use CarPlay. And so that they can have (hopefully) Atmos support for Apple Music, which is currently not possible via CarPlay on any car. Even with CarPlay 2, as far as we know.

I take this job description as a healthy sign that Lucid still takes its native software very seriously. They understand that relying on CarPlay for infotainment and thus letting their native apps lag behind would be a big mistake.

At least that’s what I’m reading.

I take this job description as a healthy sign that Lucid still takes its native software very seriously. They understand that relying on CarPlay for infotainment and thus letting their native apps lag behind would be a big mistake.

At least that’s what I’m reading.
Yes, precisely. I’m very happy with that, even though I use CarPlay for nav and calls now, I would be very very sad if they let the native apps/options languish.

For one, sometimes I leave my phone at home and only take my watch (it has cellular, and sometimes I only want to be reachable in emergencies and just go for a drive). Also, sometimes CarPlay doesn’t work (either due to a Lucid bug or an Apple bug; doesn’t really matter why). And I still way prefer native Tidal for the higher fidelity and Atmos functionality. I only ever use the CarPlay media functionality for Audible books.

So yeah, CarPlay is nice but not a panacea; I still want really solid native apps, also for you Android folks until we get AA.

I'm reading into this that like most OEMs they don't want to be beholden to Apple for their infotainment experience.

I'm reading into this that like most OEMs they don't want to be beholden to Apple for their infotainment experience.
I think it depends on the OEM. I imagine Mazda is more than happy to have Apple building their infotainment for them, effectively, for example.

I would imagine that having AA or Car play as infotainment should benefit them: 1) OEM may need to pay for license fee but economy of scale should work in their favor. 2) OEMs don't need to develop their own version of infortainment system in return save R&D cost for them.

I would imagine that having AA or Car play as infotainment should benefit them: 1) OEM may need to pay for license fee but economy of scale should work in their favor. 2) OEMs don't need to develop their own version of infortainment system in return save R&D cost for them.
I don’t believe that Apple and Amazon charge OEMs for in-car software.

I don’t believe that Apple and Amazon charge OEMs for in-car software.
True. There is no fee for supporting CarPlay. But it does need to be approved.

Back