Referral code: 82LNN7ZP
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, I Pace, DB9
Referral Code
82LNN7ZP
Maybe the widget is fixed!

Well that didn’t take long… iOS widget (mid-size) disappeared after a couple minutes. C’mon Lucid, fix this!
I don't see it on Android either ;)

Just updated my Android phone. The update keeps the app open for the mobile key now but I'm still emotionally tethered to my fob. Maybe I'll leave the fob home and just use the mobile key tomorrow.... ummm maybe?? 😨😨😨😨

Yeah I can confirm that there were likely some improvements with the Android phone key but too early too tell. If you happen to quit the app in the multitasking menu, you are immediately sent a notification to keep the app open. Hopefully it's more aggressive in staying open in the background so the key can work.

Why was it 252 MB for “other fixes and enhancements” 😡

Yeah I can confirm that there were likely some improvements with the Android phone key but too early too tell. If you happen to quit the app in the multitasking menu, you are immediately sent a notification to keep the app open. Hopefully it's more aggressive in staying open in the background so the key can work.
The permission settings options have changed for the Android app.. Now, all permissions are allowed at least on my Pixel 7. I can confirm the above that the P7 also gets the message above when you try to force quit the app, and it's always running. Excited to test the mobile key tomorrow.

Ever since the update while I am on the phone for several minutes my stereo comes on while I am still on the phone. You hear both at the same time. Fix this....

Well that didn’t take long… iOS widget (mid-size) disappeared after a couple minutes. C’mon Lucid, fix this!
Dare I say it, my widget hasn’t disappeared yet since the update last night…

Why was it 252 MB for “other fixes and enhancements” 😡
I don’t know about Android, but on iOS, any update replaces the entire app. It’s not a patch, so to speak. It’s a new complete binary file.

My large widget is still hanging in there so far. I suspect it’ll disappear sometime today, though.

FWIW I have never had the widget disappear on my iPhone 15 (iOS17).
252MB because of the use of a modern app development framework. Back in the day, we'd have done this in 157 bytes.

FWIW I have never had the widget disappear on my iPhone 15 (iOS17).
252MB because of the use of a modern app development framework. Back in the day, we'd have done this in 157 bytes.
Pretty sure your post is longer than 157 bytes. 😂

I have great news and not so good news for Pixel owners. I spent over 30 minutes trying different locking/unlocking scenarios, and my Pixel 7 mobile key works! This is even without the app open or running in the background. Now, the not so great news, the Pixel will try to kill some process (I'm not sure which one) when the app has been idle too long so you will constantly get the message to open the app again everytime it tries to kill this process. Damn you Pixel and your need to optimize my phone performance and battery! 😜

..we'd have done this in 157 bytes.
Oddly specific, and I'm pretty sure your post is more than that amount 🤣 I do think it would be realistic for 157 KB back in the day, if your definition of "back then" is the same as mine.

Oddly specific, and I'm pretty sure your post is more than that amount 🤣 I do think it would be realistic for 157 KB back in the day, if your definition of "back then" is the same as mine.
I remember when Microsoft Word, the app, not a single Word document, fit on one floppy disk.

(And @xponents is scratching his head, saying, “What’s a floppy disk?)

You know, the save icon?

I remember when Microsoft Word, the app, not a single Word document, fit on one floppy disk.

(And @xponents is scratching his head, saying, “What’s a floppy disk?)

You know, the save icon?
That floppy disk cost you $800 in today's money and if you wanted an update that'll be another $100 and please wait 6-8 weeks for the delivery of your other floppy disk...

I'll take today's problems 🤣

Back