Tesla2.0

Referral Code - F0ZQ8SWA
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
Widgets on top, app screen down bottom.
Do I see the Apple CarPlay 2.0 resemblance?
A0445316-8CFB-4E86-A9C1-AD5E8C38BE92.jpeg
A173B5CC-35C6-4CF4-B669-51ABBA3EE2B3.jpeg

Do I see the Apple CarPlay 2.0 resemblance?View attachment 16431View attachment 16432
Yes. However, I think it is an upcoming porsche model(macan ev?) based on the steering wheel. Apple teasers almost always explicitly reveal the car, such as using an mercedes for ios 17 carplay reveal. That looks like a porsche steering wheel to me..

Do I see the Apple CarPlay 2.0 resemblance?View attachment 16431View attachment 16432
That’s interesting! I wonder if they laid this out similar enough, so that activating CarPlay will feel more integrated into the UX design. I love the layout of the Gravity UX and I love CarPlay 2. Wasn’t CarPlay supposed to be unveiled in the 4th quarter of 2023 in select models? I just did the math and that’s now!

That’s interesting! I wonder if they laid this out similar enough, so that activating CarPlay will feel more integrated into the UX design. I love the layout of the Gravity UX and I love CarPlay 2. Wasn’t CarPlay supposed to be unveiled in the 4th quarter of 2023 in select models? I just did the math and that’s now!
Yes. But Lucid hasn’t announced anything on that front yet. And I haven’t seen any other cars with it, either.

Perhaps Lucid isn’t the only one who lets a deadline slip every now and then?

I do love the widget idea in the native Gravity UX. Hoping a similar concept makes its way to the Air.

I’m telling you, it’s Porsche.. hidden air vents, same steering wheel, and macan ev is this or next quarter.

Yes. But Lucid hasn’t announced anything on that front yet. And I haven’t seen any other cars with it, either.

Perhaps Lucid isn’t the only one who lets a deadline slip every now and then?
That photo that @Tesla2.0 posted is the UX of a Mercedes. My understanding is that their 2024 models are supposed to be released with CarPlay 2.0, but my guess is that they will announce the 2024 models with 2.0 as a coming soon feature. I would assume that Mercedes and a few others on Apple’s CarPlay list will get it first and we will get it later.

Lucid is not big on making announcements, but if 2.0 was immanent, I would have to assume that we would know about it by now unless Apple has auto manufacturers under an NDA. Either way, I’m not holding my breath and can live with the current iteration. It has gotten a lot more reliable in my car over the last few updates and now that phone calls have gotten clearer, I’m good.

Back