What is the Lucid phone widget supposed to do?

codys21

Verified Owner
I just realized there is a Lucid widget. I am on Android and there are three different sizes available but all of them only show a picture of the Air (which is not even the trim I have) and the percentage battery remaining. It doesn't matter whether I have the regular Lucid app up and running. I would like to assume it is supposed to show more than just the battery percentage level.

I am on the latest version of Android, the app, and Lucid Software.

Expand out the widget and it'll show lock status and stuff
1000007096.jpg

Expand out the widget and it'll show lock status and stuff
View attachment 18255
I can't expand it. If I look closely at the bottom one, it does look like some of those symbols are trying to appear, but they aren't clickable. The 3x2 widget is similar to the 5x3, just a bit smaller. But all the widgets in general are so unnecessarily large, too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-09-09-18-58-49_b783bf344239542886fee7b48fa4b892.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-09-09-18-58-49_b783bf344239542886fee7b48fa4b892.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
I can't expand it. If I look closely at the bottom one, it does look like some of those symbols are trying to appear, but they aren't clickable. The 3x2 widget is similar to the 5x3, just a bit smaller. But all the widgets in general are so unnecessarily large, too.
If you long press on the widget you can resize it to get those icons to appear

If you long press on the widget you can resize it to get those icons to appear
Unfortunately, my phone (OnePlus 8) will not allow me to resize the Lucid widget. I can resize most others, but none of the Lucid ones.

Unfortunately, my phone (OnePlus 8) will not allow me to resize the Lucid widget. I can resize most others, but none of the Lucid ones.
Dang okay, sorry about that then 😥

@codys21, which widget are you using? The small one, 3 x 2, doesn't have the extra buttons, the 4 x 2 has some, the 4 x 4 has all of them. I normally have the small one, so I didn't know the extra buttons were there on the widget. I usually just tap it, and it opens the car app.

@codys21, which widget are you using? The small one, 3 x 2, doesn't have the extra buttons, the 4 x 2 has some, the 4 x 4 has all of them. I normally have the small one, so I didn't know the extra buttons were there on the widget. I usually just tap it, and it opens the car app.
I don't actually have a 4x4 option. My options are 3x2, 5x2, and 5x3. My screenshot above shows what I see for 5x3 and 5x2. 5x3 is empty; 5x2 partially shows some buttons but none are "clickable".

Unfortunately, it seems (even with the working widget) with widgets are just big and mostly empty space, much like the center cockpit panel in the car itself haha

I don't actually have a 4x4 option. My options are 3x2, 5x2, and 5x3. My screenshot above shows what I see for 5x3 and 5x2. 5x3 is empty; 5x2 partially shows some buttons but none are "clickable".

Unfortunately, it seems (even with the working widget) with widgets are just big and mostly empty space, much like the center cockpit panel in the car itself haha
I’m betting this is a bug with OnePlus phones for some reason; maybe resolution or viewport? Make sure to report it to customer care.

I have a OnePlus 10 Pro and had the 6T before that. On every single android phone I've had over the past 5 years, I always install Nova Launcher. It replaces the stock OnePlus launcher and allows you to resize widgets and customize a lot more of the home screen/app drawer, etc. Try that. I bought the "Prime" version long ago for only a few bucks. Well worth it.

Full Android widget....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240210_213729_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240210_213729_One UI Home.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
Thanks. That certainly is unnecessarily large. Takes up over half a screen with what could easily be a 5x2 or maybe 4x3
Not a true fan unless you dedicate an entire page of your phone to the Lucid 🤣

Thanks. That certainly is unnecessarily large. Takes up over half a screen with what could easily be a 5x2 or maybe 4x3
My daily use phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra for now. I just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy Fold 5. I like big phones with really big screens 😂😂😂 and I utilize every inch of the screen real estate.

My daily use phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra for now. I just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy Fold 5. I like big phones with really big screens 😂😂😂 and I utilize every inch of the screen real estate.
I also use every inch but want to make the most of my space (unsure if this is what you're saying as well). This widget certainly does not allow for this as it takes up so. much. room.

That's why I have the smallest one on my main screen
The smallest one is still pretty large and doesn't really do anything other than show battery percentage, right? I really see no purpose in having that widget.

I also use every inch but want to make the most of my space (unsure if this is what you're saying as well). This widget certainly does not allow for this as it takes up so. much. room.
So pick one of the other two widgets or decrease your grids. Or use widget #3 and resize it.

The smallest one is still pretty large and doesn't really do anything other than show battery percentage, right? I really see no purpose in having that widget.
If you want to use the minimum amount of space, just put the app on the screen instead of the widget.

Back