Any other Chicago area owners (or owners to be)?

I put your charming town as a stopover when I did my road trip in September. Stayed at a nice B&B downtown and enjoyed a nice meal at one of the nice local restaurants. A good memory. Enjoy your ride!
Oh sweet! Unfortuantely, the Valpo Inn is closing. However, there will be a new botique hotel going in downtown slated to open the end of 2023. They'll even have EV charging stations. Please stop by again!!

Oh sweet! Unfortuantely, the Valpo Inn is closing. However, there will be a new botique hotel going in downtown slated to open the end of 2023. They'll even have EV charging stations. Please stop by again!!
Hey, one of my best friends lives in Valparaiso! When I visit I’ll have to message you :)

Well, things escalated quickly. Just so happens they have my exact build at the Goose Island service center. I'm picking up the car Friday!
Congrats! I guess you can test drive your new car when you take delivery. 🤟

Well, things escalated quickly. Just so happens they have my exact build at the Goose Island service center. I'm picking up the car Friday!
Congratulations!! What color combos did you get?

Hello,
Recent member here and likely future owner. I have seen a few Lucids in the wild (Black, white, zenith red). Hope to meet you soon. I have some random questions:

1. I see people recommending Chicago auto pros for PPF work. Which particular location is best in North suburbs? Other recommended businesses?

2. This will be my first EV. Any recommendation for charger installers?

3. I am ordering the 20" tires, are you guys switching to all season right away vs swapping sets or tires? Did that affect drive enjoyment and handling? Always had high quality all season on my other cars, so I dont know what I am missing.

4. I am still apprehensive about post sale service. Communication with delivery team has been spotty at best! Many calls/emails/messages go unanswered. They are helpful when I get a hold of them, but off-putting to be honest and doesn't breed confidence. I hope this is not the norm. I am trying not to let this taint my decision to get the car.

Hello,
Recent member here and likely future owner. I have seen a few Lucids in the wild (Black, white, zenith red). Hope to meet you soon. I have some random questions:

1. I see people recommending Chicago auto pros for PPF work. Which particular location is best in North suburbs? Other recommended businesses?

3. I am ordering the 20" tires, are you guys switching to all season right away vs swapping sets or tires? Did that affect drive enjoyment and handling? Always had high quality all season on my other cars, so I dont know what I am missing.

4. I am still apprehensive about post sale service. Communication with delivery team has been spotty at best! Many calls/emails/messages go unanswered. They are helpful when I get a hold of them, but off-putting to be honest and doesn't breed confidence. I hope this is not the norm. I am trying not to let this taint my decision to get the car.

You might have seen our Zenith Red GT. We used Q-Merit electricians to install our charger. The charger itself shorts out and we are returning it - Massimo. I do not recommend it. It came from Costco. We know the charger is the problem because the plug/cable from Lucid works fine in the same outlet. Post-sale service is fine. Service team responsiveness is far better than delivery team responsiveness. We have had three relatively minor issues in a year, and all have been dealt with expediently.

I used Chicago auto pros in Glenview. That's the only location in the north I believe. They did a good job. I did have a little debris after a few months under a thin ppf strip in front but they re did itfor me.

For my home flexpoint charger, I had Corb electric out of Northfield install it in my garage.

As far as service, I've had no issues although I've only been to Goose island twice. One was for a tire blowout and the other was for 12k mile service

Hello,

I used to have CAP wash my NSX, great folks and work. I do not have PPF on any of my cars but have seen their results, very nice. Stand up people. Their business evolved away from my kind of customer, wash only.
I am still trying to get ComEd to talk to me about adding a new service to the garage behind my building. Good luck to me.
Roads here are crap. The 21s that came on my car are in my basement, I got a set of 19s with winter rubber and another set of 19s with all seasons (they di not have a dedicated summer tire for the 19s.
The folks at Goose Island have been very helpful for me.

Schaumburg here. Love my Zenith Red Pure !

Thank you all for the recommendations! Great to see all the support from local owners. Will keep ya all posted

Another shout out for Goose Island service
I went to drive my car home this morning after not using it for about a month
The dash had a red battery image and said charge immediately and power reduced
The car also showed 51% charge, puzzling
I contacted customer service who had me power down and up, update software and that did not address the issue
He then sent a request to the local service folks and I got a call back in the morning
The ask was for a couple of additional software updates which I did and those did not address the issue
I drove back to my remote garage, and the car drove fine, and I brought it in for service
My advisor and I had been texting throughout the day, he had the garage door open for me when I arrived
They took a quick look at the car and a reset was not the answer, they will talk it over with Lucid engineers next week who want to test the code on the car
I did get a shiny black GT as a loaner, first Lucid loaner I have received

Hello,

Chicago Auto Pros does excellent work, they did the paint correction and Gtechiq Ultra Crystal Serum ceramic on my F Type 2 years ago.

Last year I installed Sema chargers at my home and office, they are now owned by Blink, they work great. I recently bought an Emporia and it also works really well, and it has a great price point.
https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Enab...8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

The service at Goose Island has been nothing less than stellar, you can purchase your Lucid with confidence.

Does Goose Island offer complimentary walk in car washes , or are appointments needed ?

I would guide to contact them
I am not sure if they complimentary washes without a service being done
I still find it screwy that I have to initiate the service dance by contacting Lucid corporate and then they have someone from Goose Island to contact me to do the scheuling
For my winter wheel/tire swap yesterday it was cool that the tech had an Air
He mentioned they will be converting Air demos into mobile service mules and looking into mobile washing gear

Thanks ! I called them and do offer complimentary car washes - no appointments needed
I would guide to contact them
I am not sure if they complimentary washes without a service being done
I still find it screwy that I have to initiate the service dance by contacting Lucid corporate and then they have someone from Goose Island to contact me to do the scheuling
For my winter wheel/tire swap yesterday it was cool that the tech had an Air
He mentioned they will be converting Air demos into mobile service mules and looking into mobile washing gear

Thanks for sharing that!
What part of town are you in?
I am in E. Lakeview.

For all you owners around Goose Island,

Back