Any other Chicago area owners (or owners to be)?

Live in Irving Park - got our Grand Touring Saturday
Congratulations! Please let us know your initial impressions for those of us that are still waiting on our cars.

Congratulations! Please let us know your initial impressions for those of us that are still waiting on our cars.
I live in Mahomet, IL, a suburb of Champaign, about 150 miles straight down I-57 from Chicago. I work for a radio station in Chicago (WFMT) and thought the Lucid would be perfect, since my once a week commute is 300 miles R/T. Alas, I'll be retiring before my Pure arrives. I assume I'll be receiving my Pure, if it ever is manufactured, from the Goose Island Chicago facility.

I'm in Downers Grove, Touring reserved in Nov of 21. Besides the test drive, I've only seen one in the wild on 63rd st near Willowbrook. Anybody here?

How long ago? That may have been me when I was visiting my brother.

Bought a used white Air GT last week. Original owner was someone living in the city, I'm out in Downers.

Saw dream edition on the road today in oakbrook! Too bad I wasn’t in a Lucid myself!

0FEC2B4A-68E8-4C9A-BDD2-397489D6342E.jpeg

I received a call from my DA today to confirm my specifications for my AT She advised me that I could receive my car next month or early 1st quarter next year since once my VIN is assigned, delivery could happen very quickly. This surprised me as I didn't realistically expect to take possession until 1st or 2nd quarter next year at the earliest, which leaves me with some questions and concerns if I receive the car during winter in Chicago since this will be my daily driver. I was hoping that some of you who already have the car could provide me with some guidance.

1. I ordered the 20' wheels with summer tires as I found the 19' wheels too ugly (no offense) to put on my car. Other than ordering a second set of 19' tires from Lucid, what other options are available in order to drive around in the snow? Or to those that ordered the car with summer tires, how are you planning/managing to drive around in the winter time?

2. If I take possession of my car in the winter, will it be too cold to get PPF and ceramic protection for my vehicle? I would like to keep my car as clean and protected as quickly as possible, which may not be possible in the winter time.

3. I ordered the Santa Cruz interior, which may be impossible to keep clean if taking possession during the winter. To my knowledge, WeatherTech floor liners are not available yet. How is everyone else planning/managing to keep their interior clean and unsullied?

Any other words of wisdom or advice regarding taking possession and maintaining the Lucid Air in colder/winter climates would be appreciated. Thanks.

I tried ordering a set of 19's from the service center, they're backordered anyway. Thankfully we "normally" don't get snow covered roads until Jan/Feb so I'm just taking my wife's car if a dangerous situation ever comes about.

Tirerack.com has all seasons that fit the 21" wheels. They may be louder or less efficient than the summer tires. They also have a variety of 19" and 20" wheels/tires that are OE sizes you can go with. I'm guessing they won't be as efficient as the OEM ones, but they'll certainly be cheaper.

Put your info in at WeatherTech, hopefully they'll start making the damn mats if there are enough people waiting. I live 15 mins from their factory so I could even let them scan my car if needed.

Ive been told that you need a shop with a heated garage to do vinyl and other stuff in the winter when it’s really cold outside. Most Pro shops have them of course.

Greetings from Northwest Indiana (Valparaiso). Just finalized my order yesterday, AGT. I say it's hard to gauge when delivery will happen, I'm expecting late Q1 of next year. Currently drive a Model S, and have been a Tesla owner since 2013. Wish they'd take it in on trade, but my S has all the current tech (and free lifetime supercharging) so I think I'll be able to sell it easily. Haven't seen a Lucid yet in person, but the same can be said when I ordered the Tesla haha!

Greetings from Northwest Indiana (Valparaiso). Just finalized my order yesterday, AGT. I say it's hard to gauge when delivery will happen, I'm expecting late Q1 of next year. Currently drive a Model S, and have been a Tesla owner since 2013. Wish they'd take it in on trade, but my S has all the current tech (and free lifetime supercharging) so I think I'll be able to sell it easily. Haven't seen a Lucid yet in person, but the same can be said when I ordered the Tesla haha!
Welcome. Definitely go for a test drive if you get the opportunity. Might not be a studio near enough to you, but if you make a trip to Chicago, or something, go for it. As good as the car is on paper, it's that much better in person.

You can schedule a test drive at the Oak Brook mall. It's a bit of a hike from Valpo, but well worth it.

I put your charming town as a stopover when I did my road trip in September. Stayed at a nice B&B downtown and enjoyed a nice meal at one of the nice local restaurants. A good memory. Enjoy your ride!

Back