Any Lucid owners who are previously Tesla owners? Curious about your thoughts on your experience and if you prefer Lucid

The odd part to me is that the Model S had this exact design flaw. It isn’t like this was unknown to Lucid. Sort of seems like it was introduced out of stubbornness rather practicality.
I would assume mistake rather than malice; I doubt they intended to produce something impractical on purpose, given how practical the rest of the car is. (but I agree the design of that particular piece of the interior isn't great)

Last edited:
For the record, I use my turn signals. I mistyped, and what I was trying to say came out that I don't use them. I use them. what I was trying to say was that the Lucid turn signals are confusing. Yes, they cancel after a turn, and they do the half-press-blink-a-few-times thing, BUT, if you press too far when lane changing, it activates the "lock" that on normal, mortal cars is felt as a switch... and it doesn't turn off unless, as astutely posted, one presses the opposite direction. I didn't get the memo, and as I mentioned, I found it confusing.

I have driven 11,000+ miles in my Model X Plaid since purchase in May.

I LOVE the yoke for daily driving, but if I am being honest, it's even better when you're on a roadtrip. Less fatigue, better view... I'm admittedly not drifting with the Plaid, although maybe I should be... and I also believe drifting or catching a skid could be problematic on a track with a yoke as implemented today...

I have not yet taken the Lucid on a roadtrip after taking delivery in early July. I brought it to my PPF/tint/wrapper place, parked it, and left it there for contemplation after the turn signal issue, and the, uh, software "issues" immediately after delivery...

I seriously considered selling it until I found this forum where I learned about the 2.0.

The Lucid has a wireless phone charger, if your phone fits in the micro slot they designed.

For the record, I use my turn signals. I mistyped, and what I was trying to say came out that I don't use them. I use them. what I was trying to say was that the Lucid turn signals are confusing. Yes, they cancel after a turn, and they do the half-press-blink-a-few-times thing, BUT, if you press too far when lane changing, it activates the "lock" that on normal, mortal cars is felt as a switch... and it doesn't turn off unless, as astutely posted, one presses the opposite direction. I didn't get the memo, and as I mentioned, I found it confusing.

I LOVE the yoke for daily driving, but if I am being honest, it's even better when you're on a roadtrip. Less fatigue, better view... I'm admittedly not drifting with the Plaid, although maybe I should be... and I also believe drifting or catching a skid could be problematic on a track with a yoke as implemented today...

I have not yet taken the Lucid on a roadtrip after taking delivery in early July. I brought it to my PPF/tint/wrapper place, parked it, and left it there for contemplation after the turn signal issue, and the, uh, software "issues" immediately after delivery...

I seriously considered selling it until I found this forum where I learned about the 2.0.

The Lucid has a wireless phone charger, if your phone fits in the micro slot they designed.
Any normal-sized phone fits in the slot; you have to shove it a little further in than you think, but it works; it doesn't work on "Max" size phones or on the samsung folds or whatever, but it does work fine on standard 6.1" screens, etc.

I'd love to know what you think after 2.0 and a few road trips in the Lucid.

I hate the yoke, but that's just opinion, of course. I think in a dangerous situation where you need to maneuver quickly, you'd be reaching for air and miss the yoke, causing you to have less control. That's my biggest issue with it.

I love my Lucid, I hate the UI. I’m tired of making excuses for my Lucid. You press a button 4 times before it works and there’s no haptic feedback. It seems like navigation and Tidal or TuneIn don’t work at the same time. You can listen to Tidal or TuneIn and all of the sudden get No Active Media when you were listening to active media. You can be listening to Tidal and all of the sudden be listening to TuneIn at the same time. There is no sound field for non Dolby Atmos. There is no sound field processor. The speakers are self amplified. Tidal and TuneIn keep cutting out. You have to change from navigation while you’re driving to go to music to press play. Changing from Navigation to Music takes 10 seconds. We all know that boot up in the car is unacceptable. I don’t have 2.0 but it seems none of what I wanted has been delivered.

Thanks for the great updates! Do you think the iPhone Pro Max size with Apple cover fits in the wireless phone charger?

I love my Lucid, I hate the UI. I’m tired of making excuses for my Lucid. You press a button 4 times before it works and there’s no haptic feedback.
Things work the first time in 2.0.
It seems like navigation and Tidal or TuneIn don’t work at the same time. You can listen to Tidal or TuneIn and all of the sudden get No Active Media when you were listening to active media. You can be listening to Tidal and all of the sudden be listening to TuneIn at the same time. There is no sound field for non Dolby Atmos. There is no sound field processor. The speakers are self amplified. Tidal and TuneIn keep cutting out.
2.0 fixes these issues.
You have to change from navigation while you’re driving to go to music to press play. Changing from Navigation to Music takes 10 seconds.
2.0 gives you nav on the right side of the center cockpit panel, and switching between apps takes less than a second.
We all know that boot up in the car is unacceptable.
Bootup in 2.0 is instant (as in, less than 3 seconds, before you're even seated and belted).
I don’t have 2.0 but it seems none of what I wanted has been delivered.
Given the above, I disagree. :)

2.0 fixes these issues.

2.0 gives you nav on the right side of the center cockpit panel, and switching between apps takes less than a second.

Bootup in 2.0 is instant (as in, less than 3 seconds, before you're even seated and belted).

is 2.0 rolled out for all Lucid customer? including the test drive units?

2.0 fixes these issues.

if its not released, how are you so confident in these responses?

if its not released, how are you so confident in these responses?
Because a number of us have had the opportunity to test it ahead of time, and have been able to run it and use it for a few weeks, providing feedback.

I definitely don’t buy a car to have people praise or take pics of it. I buy it because I like the car. Really could care less what others think.

I’m the complete opposite. I’m a total label whore. I love being the first on my block to own anything, especially when it’s something as LOOK-AT-ME! uncommon as a Lucid Air.

I also enjoy receiving praise for my shiny new toy; and getting thumbs up and waves from approving motorists is also a lot of fun.

I guess I’m an attention whore too.

...the new software that is coming very very soon ...
Lol, the timing has changed from "soon" to "very, very soon" ;)

2.0 fixes these issues.

Thanks for your reply. I will be happy with 2.0 fixing basic problems. But that’s a low bar. I don’t think 1.0 was ready to release. And you don’t get to name a release left of the decimal with a higher number with just bug fixes. We were expecting Apple/Android CarPlay in 2.0. Is CarPlay a year away now? I think there is a significant hardware problem with no antenna on the roof. An antenna would make cellular more reliable and allow for Sirius/XM. That is an inexplicable design decision. Not having CarPlay in a 2.0 release is inexplicable except for the fact that 1.0 was not ready to be released.

Thanks for your reply. I will be happy with 2.0 fixing basic problems. But that’s a low bar. I don’t think 1.0 was ready to release. And you don’t get to name a release left of the decimal with a higher number with just bug fixes. We were expecting Apple/Android CarPlay in 2.0. Is CarPlay a year away now? I think there is a significant hardware problem with no antenna on the roof. An antenna would make cellular more reliable and allow for Sirius/XM. That is an inexplicable design decision. Not having CarPlay in a 2.0 release is inexplicable except for the fact that 1.0 was not ready to be released.
You are moving the goalposts. You said the 2.0 release didn’t address any of your issues; I explained that it clearly does.

2.0 is a complete rewrite of the software, and they did the right thing by not focusing on releasing features on the old stack and instead focusing on releasing them with the new one, so that they didn’t have to write the features twice. Also, it is clearly not just big fixes; as you’ll see with the eventual release notes, there are a massive amount of new features, including but not limited to Highway Assist, nav guidance on the center cockpit panel, improved Alexa, high beam assist, headlight leveling (and significant other headlight improvements), and many others. All of that is *on top of* mobile key and fobs working flawlessly, a many orders of magnitude speed increase, etc.

CarPlay is effectively done and awaiting Apple approval, based on my understanding. There is nothing Lucid can do to expedite that as Apple’s process is Apple’s process. They won’t release Android Auto without CarPlay being ready so as not to upset a large swath of their users. Again: nothing Lucid can do except push forward on that.

Can we please stop talking about Sirius/XM? They have never, ever promised it, and while I understand you wish there were an antenna on the roof, there isn’t, wasn’t, and will never be, and that is *certainly* not something that could have been added or fixed via an OTA update.

So, by your original goalposts (and even some of your new ones), I suspect you’ll be thrilled with the 2.0 release.

...he literally just responded to your post line by line telling you when you said "I don’t have 2.0 but it seems none of what I wanted has been delivered.", you were wrong, and you will be pleasantly surprised, and your response is to now say "it's a low bar"?

Can't you just be happy that the software is improving? Is there a need for you to insist on being negative? Are you somehow perceiving this negative skepticism as a "healthy" approach to the software problems?

2.0 is not just "bug fixes". The entire code base was rewritten from the ground up. That is what makes it a "2.0" release. I understand it's been a bit of a wait but your commentary is neither correct not helpful nor constructive.

When you do get the update, I sincerely hope you'll enjoy it.

Back