Cellphone holder?

smistry007

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
Question for the community- anybody have a preference for the best location for your cellphone in the car? I'm currently using a cup- based cellphone holder in the right front cup holder so as not to block view of screen, but was wondering if anyone has a better recommendation.

Here's my solution for iPhone (MagSafe needed, iPhone 12 or newer). I purchased a black MagSafe connector from Amazon (pictured), which is strong enough to hold the phone without falling off over bumps, etc., then stood it off so the back of the phone will clear the clip at the base of the built-in phone holder with a 3D printed piece. I'm happy to send the gcode file if anybody wants it. I ran the wire around the left edge and into the USB-C outlet. Charges at 15W (I believe the built-in ones are 5W).

MagSafe.JPG
IMG_2543.JPG

Nicely done!

Too bad they don't make inductive charger extensions ... yet 😜

Yeah I'm also having to not really like how I have my cell phone holder setup. It's basically the cup holder extension which a lot of people on here have recommended. Then I removed the extension to the cup holder (the vertical adjustable portion which actually holds the phone). I have instead used a clip phone cradle that holds my ginormous Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3. But of course on turns and stuff, the clip sometimes comes off. At least though I have the phone in the unfolded position so I can glance at it

I’m almost never in my car long enough to require charging my phone. I can live with Lucid’s clunky design, eventually I’ll forget that the wireless phone charger is even there.

Back