Any Lucid owners who are previously Tesla owners? Curious about your thoughts on your experience and if you prefer Lucid

They did. I considered taking delivery and trying to flip it, given the stiff price increases. However, after trying also to recover sales tax and documentary fees, it didn't leave enough room for likely profit to make the trouble seem worthwhile.
True, and the price is going down from 120k~140k range from 2-3 months ago to 95k~105k range as production ramping. The one sold to me has R1T coming, he flipped his R1S to offset his upcoming R1T.

At 76k~92k, I think this car is good value compare to what’s on the EV market today. Model-X last 2 years price hike is just gross. Model-Y P is so lacking for 70k. EQS SUV doesn’t appeal to me with lack of high ground clearance look and just look small. Volvo EX90 and Polestar 3 doesn’t look big enough to me for 3rd row. The only one left is enigmatic Gravity.

I believe you that the Navigator ACC may perform better than Lucid's. However, you are endangering yourself if you believe that the Navigator does not have similar limitations. This is from the 2022 Navigator Owner's manual. See the 5th warning.
View attachment 9541
We have two Mercedes and one Lincoln whose ACC work "correctly" The Lucid implementation is just poorly done, like most of the software!!!

We have two Mercedes and one Lincoln whose ACC work "correctly" The Lucid implementation is just poorly done, like most of the software!!!

The warnings in a manual are like the warnings on drug commercials on TV. "If you are allgergic to "X", don't take "X"". Duh!!! If there is a one in a zillion chance, they put the warning in, I have a thick manual on my current DD that is probably two thirds warnings.

My ACC worked correctly on my BMW 530e and works correctly on my Genesis GV60. I would worry about how it actually performs, not the warnings in the manuals.

What kind of problems are you having with ACC? I just did a drive over the last two days of 300 miles and use the ACC the vast majority of the time. It worked flawlessly. Perhaps you have a problem with one of your cameras?

The warnings in a manual are like the warnings on drug commercials on TV. "If you are allgergic to "X", don't take "X"". Duh!!! If there is a one in a zillion chance, they put the warning in, I have a thick manual on my current DD that is probably two thirds warnings.

My ACC worked correctly on my BMW 530e and works correctly on my Genesis GV60. I would worry about how it actually performs, not the warnings in the manuals.
How long does it take to alert you to put your hands on the wheel in your Genesis?

How long does it take to alert you to put your hands on the wheel in your Genesis?
It uses movement in the steering wheel rather than pressure on it. I haven't tried timing it because I use the paddles to brake so my hands are generally on the steering wheel. It does have highway assist so if I remember, next time I am on the highway using ACC, I will take my hands of the wheel and time it.

It uses movement in the steering wheel rather than pressure on it. I haven't tried timing it because I use the paddles to brake so my hands are generally on the steering wheel. It does have highway assist so if I remember, next time I am on the highway using ACC, I will take my hands of the wheel and time it.
Roosevelt wishes he had the gv60.
(he did have a custom car with acceleration and brake on the wheel)

What kind of problems are you having with ACC? I just did a drive over the last two days of 300 miles and use the ACC the vast majority of the time. It worked flawlessly. Perhaps you have a problem with one of your cameras?
The ACC, in my car, has never worked the same way as our other cars. If you are coming to a light or stop sign and ALL of the traffic in front of you has stopped then the ACC just doesn't slow down until you get so close that the car thinks that you are about to crash, and it slams on the brakes. Now, if there is any movement ahead, even in other lanes, the ACC will slow down. All of the hardware has been checked by the Houston service center. I am not the only one that has reported this issue.

If this is how the Lucid ACC was designed, then it is different and deficient than every other car that I have driven with ACC. I think that it is just a bug or a bad design.

The ACC, in my car, has never worked the same way as our other cars. If you are coming to a light or stop sign and ALL of the traffic in front of you has stopped then the ACC just doesn't slow down until you get so close that the car thinks that you are about to crash, and it slams on the brakes. Now, if there is any movement ahead, even in other lanes, the ACC will slow down. All of the hardware has been checked by the Houston service center. I am not the only one that has reported this issue.

If this is how the Lucid ACC was designed, then it is different and deficient than every other car that I have driven with ACC. I think that it is just a bug or a bad design.
I see what you are saying. I just never let it get that late. I’d much rather cancel this system by pressing the brake myself than test the system. I only really use it when I’m on the open highway. If I see traffic stopped up ahead I will cancel it and actually drive the car myself. I know that’s not as cool but I find it a little more calming.

I used HA in a very congested I-10 during rush hours. I don’t change lane, it works wonderfully well. I haven’t used ACC late to test.

I used HA in a very congested I-10 during rush hours. I don’t change lane, it works wonderfully well. I haven’t used ACC late to test.
Same here. I use HA in stop-and-go traffic, the distance is set on the second bar. Works perfectly.
ACC on the other hand, i don't see any use for me and when i tested it out gave me more stress then it's worth it.
Plus, I love to drive and i love to be in full control of the car.

Back