Any Lucid owners who are previously Tesla owners? Curious about your thoughts on your experience and if you prefer Lucid

How was the stop/go? How many times did it ask you to put your hands on the wheel?(how much secs before it does)
That is lane keeping not ACC.

How was the stop/go? How many times did it ask you to put your hands on the wheel?(how much secs before it does)
ACC doesn’t steer. I have lane keeping off. Stop go was fine.

It will not stop if all of the traffic in front has stopped. It doesn't pick up any motion queues.

Been this way for over a year.
Hey that’s strange… I only had one time that the traffic came to a complete stop on this trip and the ACC stopped without incident.

Stop and go or responding to traffic coming in between distance of following car I believe is called Traffic Jam Assist. Air can go to complete stop in HA mode and went back up to preset speed. I have used it in rush hours and went 2 round trips from Houston to Dallas using 1/3 of trip on HA. I will intercept HA if I see a big 18 wheels or irrratic driver is near. Imo, I think both Rivian and Lucid HA worked well, but I trust Lucid ADAS more mainly bc Rivian is a lot on vision and when it rains, I see phantom car gets drawn onto my instrument cluster, but no phantom brake like some Tesla owners having.

I have a new model X which is the third since 2016. I own a Lucid GT and is hard to compare. The Lucid software and user interface is still a mess unfortunately. Also the motor whine is far stronger than even in the 2016 Tesla.

Stop and go or responding to traffic coming in between distance of following car I believe is called Traffic Jam Assist. Air can go to complete stop in HA mode and went back up to preset speed. I have used it in rush hours and went 2 round trips from Houston to Dallas using 1/3 of trip on HA. I will intercept HA if I see a big 18 wheels or irrratic driver is near. Imo, I think both Rivian and Lucid HA worked well, but I trust Lucid ADAS more mainly bc Rivian is a lot on vision and when it rains, I see phantom car gets drawn onto my instrument cluster, but no phantom brake like some Tesla owners having.
Yes, I was talking about HA. Thanks for the clarification!

Hey that’s strange… I only had one time that the traffic came to a complete stop on this trip and the ACC stopped without incident.
It’ll stop so long as you are close enough to the person in front of you as they slow down to a stop.

The long standing complaint that keeps coming up is that if you are cruising along at a good clip with no one in front of you, and then you come up to a group of cars that has already stopped up ahead, the car doesn’t see the stopped cars ahead until really late, and then hits the brakes hard. Or, you panic and hit the brakes before the car even begins stopping.

The manual clearly states that Highway Assist was not designed to handle this situation, and that you are supposed to be paying enough attention to disengage and stop yourself when this happens.

But that doesn’t stop folks here from continuing to expect it to stop, anyway. And then complain about it.

It’ll stop so long as you are close enough to the person in front of you as they slow down to a stop.

The long standing complaint that keeps coming up is that if you are cruising along at a good clip with no one in front of you, and then you come up to a group of cars that has already stopped up ahead, the car doesn’t see the stopped cars ahead until really late, and then hits the brakes hard. Or, you panic and hit the brakes before the car even begins stopping.

The manual clearly states that Highway Assist was not designed to handle this situation, and that you are supposed to be paying enough attention to disengage and stop yourself when this happens.

But that doesn’t stop folks here from continuing to expect it to stop, anyway. And then complain about it.
We have 3 other cars with ACC, only one has LiDAR, and they all stop just fine with stopped traffic. It's a bug that Lucid needs to fix. If they can't get this to work, how will they get any significant driver assist to work?

We have 3 other cars with ACC, only one has LiDAR, and they all stop just fine with stopped traffic. It's a bug that Lucid needs to fix. If they can't get this to work, how will they get any significant driver assist to work?
It’s not a bug when the manual clearly states this is how Highway Assist was designed to work.

I agree, as a feature request, it would be good for them to have it stop in these situations. And so does Lucid. Which is why it is slated to happen with the release of Traffic Jam assist. It is on their roadmap. In the works. Planned future feature.

Not a bug.

It’s not a bug when the manual clearly states this is how Highway Assist was designed to work.

I agree, as a feature request, it would be good for them to have it stop in these situations. And so does Lucid. Which is why it is slated to happen with the release of Traffic Jam assist. It is on their roadmap. In the works. Planned future feature.

Not a bug.
Ok, not a bug just a completely non-industry-standard way of implementing ACC probably because the current software team can't figure it out??

As long as there is some motion, the ACC stops. No motion but stopped traffic in front, then it doesn't stop. Very poor design!

Yeah...but how many here actually read the %&E$% manual?

Ok, not a bug just a completely non-industry-standard way of implementing ACC probably because the current software team can't figure it out??

As long as there is some motion, the ACC stops. No motion but stopped traffic in front, then it doesn't stop. Very poor design!
I believe you that the Navigator ACC may perform better than Lucid's. However, you are endangering yourself if you believe that the Navigator does not have similar limitations. This is from the 2022 Navigator Owner's manual. See the 5th warning.
1675953883723.png

They won’t even give me Venice showroom phone number in online chat.

Two days ago I finally cancelled the reservation for a Rivian Launch Edition R1S I made exactly four years ago. The main reason was the lack of 3rd-row room once the vehicle actually came out and landed in the hands of reviewers. However, the poor response to customer inquiries was also a small bit of it.

Over the four years, I sent five email inquiries to Rivian. Only one was ever answered. In summer of 2021 I was sent a notice that I would be contacted by my "Rivian Guide" by Thanksgiving of that year to discuss my order configuration. That contact never came.

Then early this week I got an email from a lady saying she was covering for my Rivian Guide who was out ill for the day. She told me that the vehicle I had configured was available for delivery and that she would pick up with the conversations I had been having with my Guide. I had never once heard from that Guide -- not by phone, not by text, not by email.

I decided that Rivian's backroom operation was a complete mess. When I did cancel my reservation I was told my deposit would be credited back to the credit card they had on file. I told them that, as the reservation was made four years earlier, that card was long expired. They said they could not accept a new card number and that I would have to deal with the bank that issued my cards in order to get the refund transferred to a current card.

The R1S does seem like a very nice vehicle for its intended use, but Rivian customer service is nothing I would want to deal with on an ongoing basis.

Two days ago I finally cancelled the reservation for a Rivian Launch Edition R1S I made exactly four years ago. The main reason was the lack of 3rd-row room once the vehicle actually came out and landed in the hands of reviewers. However, the poor response to customer inquiries was also a small bit of it.

Over the four years, I sent five email inquiries to Rivian. Only one was ever answered. In summer of 2021 I was sent a notice that I would be contacted by my "Rivian Guide" by Thanksgiving of that year to discuss my order configuration. That contact never came.

Then early this week I got an email from a lady saying she was covering for my Rivian Guide who was out ill for the day. She told me that the vehicle I had configured was available for delivery and that she would pick up with the conversations I had been having with my Guide. I had never once heard from that Guide -- not by phone, not by text, not by email.

I decided that Rivian's backroom operation was a complete mess. When I did cancel my reservation I was told my deposit would be credited back to the credit card they had on file. I told them that, as the reservation was made four years earlier, that card was long expired. They said they could not accept a new card number and that I would have to deal with the bank that issued my cards in order to get the refund transferred to a current card.

The R1S does seem like a very nice vehicle for its intended use, but Rivian customer service is nothing I would want to deal with on an ongoing basis.
I agree, their presale experience really suck! It’s almost like non-existent as early Lucid days I experienced mainly bc they have excessive back order log for their people to handle. I couldn’t get phone number to anyone or any showroom or service center from their online chat even I expressed I’m a reservation holder. When I went to Venice Hub to ask for roadside assistance #, they wouldn’t even give number to me even I urged as I was going to drive from California to Texas and I may need it for emergency. “Wait! Let me call my boss to check on that!” “Nope! Sorry can’t help you, you have to call Triple As.” WTH!

But my experience of ownership transfer was 1 week time and went smooth, they remotely transferred previous owner to me to configure at home with step by step tutorial on screen, never had Service Center concierge needed to show me how to set up like Lucid did personally. And their software design is really very intuitive, smooth operation with every click and as I read their OTA update log, they have added tons of content in a year of time.

Once I got granted the mobile app to access the car, then I see suite of options such as roadside assistance access option, service request, historical invoice track, charging history track, etc etc. I haven’t had any problem with this car. So I cannot comment how the service experience will be. But all I can say is pre-ownership, NO COMMUNICATION at all, pathetically no status update to me in 6+ months on reservation order; however, post-ownership, they start giving shit and respond in email with this assigned “Rivian Guide”. I’m just going to give them benefit if doubt bc 100k+ orders for a company going to its 2nd year.

You waited 4 years?!?!? But that sounds about right. Do they let you keep old pricing? If they do, that is a huge discount. Even at 92k+ today, they are losing $ per vehicle sale. If you have old pricing, you can flip for $ to make up 4 years of waiting like this guy in LA who sold to me his. 🤣

For me, my family is happy with both Air and R1S and we are also waiting for Gravity reveal this year.

While we are on this thread’s subject, my neighbor approached me yesterday. “You guys is the only house on this street with EVs that’s not Tesla. You have issue with Elon?!” 🤣

I responded, “Look at them, would you still want Model-S and Model-X after seeing theses?!” 🤣

It’s not California here. So many people don’t know these brands. Some thought these are exotic foreign imports. I’m basically ambassador for Lucid and Rivian to tell people about them.

While we are on this thread’s subject, my neighbor approached me yesterday. “You guys is the only house on this street with EVs that’s not Tesla. You have issue with Elon?!” 🤣

I responded, “Look at them, would you still want Model-S and Model-X after seeing theses?!” 🤣

It’s not California here. So many people don’t know these brands. Some thought these are exotic foreign imports. I’m basically ambassador for Lucid and Rivian to tell people about them.
In nj, I hope the lucid is as rare as well.

@Tesla2.0, I am glad you are enjoying the R1S. It does seem to be a great vehicle.
That said you and @hmp10 are "dead-on" regarding Rivian's poor communication. I'm at the 2 yr reservation mark and can't imagine waiting another 2 years and still not knowing when it'll arrive.

Over the past 2 years, I've made every change they've asked and been promised several delivery time-frames (the latest mid-2022). This last "announcement" (in late Oct 22) that put me on permanent hold (supposedly due to lack of nearby service centers) was tough to swallow and I've already complained about it in this forum and others, so I won't do it again here.
I just wanted to say that the number of reservations don't mean much if a majority of those (esp. w/ pre-price hike reservations) have no idea when they'll get a car.

I'm all in on EVs (though I'll keep a couple of my ICE vehicles), but waiting for an SUV for 4 years is crazy. It's one thing if the expectation was there and communication was flowing (which has been my experience with Lucid and Fisker.. and, so far, w/ Volvo), but it's another to expect a delivery w/ little to no communication, all the while seeing your kids enter and exit high school in that same time .. needs can change a ton in 4 years.

PS: GMC has been no better than Rivian! :(

Do they let you keep old pricing?

They did. I considered taking delivery and trying to flip it, given the stiff price increases. However, after trying also to recover sales tax and documentary fees, it didn't leave enough room for likely profit to make the trouble seem worthwhile.

Back