Any Lucid owners who are previously Tesla owners? Curious about your thoughts on your experience and if you prefer Lucid

I agree with your comments having owned all three vehicles you mentioned. The model x did improve with the 2022 refresh but still lacks refinement for the price . Supercharger network is vastly superior to electrify america.

The Model X is one of the most mystifying attempts I've ever seen to design a passenger-oriented vehicle. The lack of a center armrest or any storage pockets in the second row beggars explanation, especially for a vehicle in this price range and even after a "refresh". They finally put a rear center armrest in the Model S but didn't even bother with the X. With the second row of the Plaid X, you don't even have the option of a bench seat, meaning your inboard arms either have to rest in your lap of drop into the open space between the captain chairs.

It's as if the X is nothing more than half an afterthought at Tesla these days.

The Model X is one of the most mystifying attempts I've ever seen to design a passenger-oriented vehicle. The lack of a center armrest or any storage pockets in the second row beggars explanation, especially for a vehicle in this price range and even after a "refresh". They finally put a rear center armrest in the Model S but didn't even bother with the X. With the second row of the Plaid X, you don't even have the option of a bench seat, meaning your inboard arms either have to rest in your lap of drop into the open space between the captain chairs.

It's as if the X is nothing more than half an afterthought at Tesla these days.
Kind of like the xc90. Captains chairs no armrests. They said it was for "Scandinavian design," for tesla I dont know.

Hey, did you do a test drive of the R1S? I just poked around a little on the Rivian website. It seems the only way to even see an R1S is to visit their showroom in Venice CA.
They won’t even give me Venice showroom phone number in online chat. So I just walked in to Venice CA myself. You can book test drive there. It is an impressive show room. It seems they are catering certain type of demographics —— independent spirits, outdoor adventurers, environmentalists. I like their vibe.
3BFAC399-1837-4DEF-BB74-C8C4CA2C4D05.jpeg
788C8C9F-57B2-4FAC-A1A2-CC2D3B69402A.jpeg
A5652006-385D-4DEF-904C-8AAA84FE64EB.jpeg
78408DFA-2B5E-4297-AD60-50BD1ECD14F7.jpeg
7EAB70C6-2A6F-40A8-969A-D52DFDF4DAE8.jpeg
A0894053-96B8-435E-8BBC-CBFA074167F7.jpeg
55B51973-9CF9-4C0B-A114-08BBF4C670B5.jpeg
21F3E985-2935-4A9E-8171-4F4A360D1D96.jpeg
F127BC67-9C88-44C4-9F10-ED191040D188.jpeg
0F9965EB-DA8C-485B-9D94-BD1FE4D93DAB.jpeg

They won’t even give me Venice showroom phone number in online chat. So I just walked in to Venice CA myself. You can book test drive there. It is an impressive show room. It seems they are catering certain type of demographics —— independent spirits, outdoor adventurers, environmentalists. I like their vibe.

View attachment 9499View attachment 9502View attachment 9500View attachment 9504View attachment 9501View attachment 9503View attachment 9508View attachment 9507View attachment 9506View attachment 9505

“Independent spirits, outdoor adventurers, environmentalists…”. Ugh - that’s so self-consciously, self-referentially, nauseatingly Californian. While they’re at it they might as well throw in, “ - and living your best life!” Ugh. Wretch. Gag. Hurl. Vomit.

But anyway, all that aside, none of that will dissuade me from at least checking out the seating arrangement of the three-row R1S. I don’t even want to drive the thing, at least not right now, I just want to climb in and out of it, particularly to check out that third row.

“Independent spirits, outdoor adventurers, environmentalists…”. Ugh - that’s so self-consciously, self-referentially, nauseatingly Californian. While they’re at it they might as well throw in, “ - and living your best life!” Ugh. Wretch. Gag. Hurl. Vomit.

But anyway, all that aside, none of that will dissuade me from at least checking out the seating arrangement of the three-row R1S. I don’t even want to drive the thing, at least not right now, I just want to climb in and out of it, particularly to check out that third row.
Go check out yourself. Materials built-wise, fit and finish, it feels higher end than Tesla’s cabin. It has lots of curve wood trim with modern look, ventilated seats and impressive infotainment without childish apps. I like it and MSRP is 36k cheaper than the latest reduced Model-X price. I rode in Model-X few times before and checked out Tesla’s Houston showroom of 2022 refresh model. I just like R1S more. Sorry, Elon, he has to do better to get that chunk from me.

Go check out yourself. Materials built-wise, fit and finish, it feels higher end than Tesla’s cabin. It has lots of curve wood trim with modern look, ventilated seats and impressive infotainment without childish apps. I like it and MSRP is 36k cheaper than the latest reduced Model-X price. I rode in Model-X few times before and checked out Tesla’s Houston showroom of 2022 refresh model. I just like R1S more. Sorry, Elon, he has to do better to get that chunk from me.
Vs lucid? The materials that is

Also @Tesla2.0 you are the only person who I know has a r1s,
Have you ever ridden the model x? How would you compare cabin noise and ride?
I got 22” wheels, YouTubers and their forum users said 20” has best ride quality. As long as you don’t drive thru crazy pot holes, I think this good. It gets really rough after I raise the height for off-road and all-purpose high mode. F150 Lightning has clearance of 8.9”, I can raise this SUV to 15.1”, I like riding big truck higher than everyone. Road noise is not bad, better than M3, MY, Wrangler, but worse than Navigator, F250 Platinum, about same as MX 2018 I rode.
I agree with your comments having owned all three vehicles you mentioned. The model x did improve with the 2022 refresh but still lacks refinement for the price . Supercharger network is vastly superior to electrify america.
I have yet ridden latest Model-X, but price-wise, I just don’t find it competitive, there are soon so many choices out there.

I got 22” wheels, YouTubers and their forum users said 20” has best ride quality. As long as you don’t drive thru crazy pot holes, I think this goid. It gets really rough after I raise the height for off-road and all-purpose high mode. F150 Lightning has clearance of 8.9”, I can raise this SUV to 15.1”, I like riding big truck higher than everyone. Road noise is no bad, better than M3, MY, Wrangler, but worse than Navigator, F250 Platinum, about same as MX 2018 I rode.

I have yet ridden latest Model-X, but price-wise, I just don’t find it competitive, there are soon so many choices out there.
How would the navigator compare to the lucid?

How would the navigator compare to the lucid?
Lucid better, much better. But that is probably bc closer to ground is always better, bigger tires with higher clearance usually gets quality degraded. I never drove R1T. Some said R1T rides better than R1S because longer wheel base.

ADDENDUM - I just re-read your post. The FSD in Tesla, even in its current very primitive state, is both remarkable and terrifying. There’s a lot that Tesla’s FSD can do, and can do better than Lucid. For starters, Tesla’s auto lane changing is completely automated, and in my estimation, works perfectly every time. Lucid’s auto lane change is clunky.
I have never understood the desire for auto lane change. With eyes and a decent blind spot system, it is ridiculously easy to change lanes on a highway. In addition, the automated lane change systems wait way too long to change lanes.

Excellent HA for lane centering...absolutely. But lane change, I just don't get the desire.

I have never understood the desire for auto lane change. With eyes and a decent blind spot system, it is ridiculously easy to change lanes on a highway. In addition, the automated lane change systems wait way too long to change lanes.

Excellent HA for lane centering...absolutely. But lane change, I just don't get the desire.
Agree. To me, lane changing is similar to auto wipers. Every person has a particular frequency at which they consider these things “correct”. Trying to devise an automated system, then, becomes very difficult.

I hated Tesla’s lane changes. The car wanted to change lanes far too often, and for all the wrong reasons. It would cut off people in the passing lane even though I had an exit on the right in less than two miles. It constantly wanted to move me into an HOV lane I wasn’t allowed to be in. And on and on.

I found myself fighting the system way more than it was worth. Meanwhile, with HA, I choose when to change lanes. I put on my signal, wait a few seconds, then gently move over. The car takes back over as soon as I get into the center of the new lane. Could not be more perfect for my needs.

When you factor in the price vs. a Model X, it seems like a no brainer going for an R1S. The problem is, you have to have swallowed a horseshoe or paid a premium used to get one. In a few years, when the R1S (and Gravity) are available, Tesla is going to have to add to the value proposition big time, or go down a lot and over hype the Super Charger network. FSD isn’t going to do it.

When you factor in the price vs. a Model X, it seems like a no brainer going for an R1S. The problem is, you have to have swallowed a horseshoe or paid a premium used to get one. In a few years, when the R1S (and Gravity) are available, Tesla is going to have to add to the value proposition big time, or go down a lot and over hype the Super Charger network. FSD isn’t going to do it.
The r1s waiting time is the main reason my family is waiting for the gravity instead.

I also did find it has a "sport tuned" air suspension. Being an suv, that would make sense.
Excellent deep dive!
As for the glass cockpit, I have a cool idea. What if we had a full dashboard screen? Imagine the air's screen, but stretched. That would mean the tallest screen would be in the middle, and the passenger/driver would get the "smaller" screen, or relative to the air, the screen that is above the pilot panel. So two "above pilot panel" display, one for each front seat person, and the big/tall screen(gague cluster in the air) would be the center screen! One can hope.

(my apologies if this makes no sense)

I also did find it has a "sport tuned" air suspension. Being an suv, that would make sense.

As for the glass cockpit, I have a cool idea. What if we had a full dashboard screen? Imagine the air's screen, but stretched. That would mean the tallest screen would be in the middle, and the passenger/driver would get the "smaller" screen, or relative to the air, the screen that is above the pilot panel. So two "above pilot panel" display, one for each front seat person, and the big/tall screen(gague cluster in the air) would be the center screen! One can hope.

(my apologies if this makes no sense)
So, Mercedes hyperscreen?

Specs on paper aside, I am curious about the actual day to day experience. From what I gathered, Lucid's software is clunky.

How are people's user experience with the app?

Do people generally prefer Tesla over Lucid? Anyone who has much better experience owning Lucid over Tesla?
I had a Model S for 7 years and I remember the software needing a lot of upgrades from the initial start date. I assume all the bugs are being worked on to bring my Licid Air Touring up to the reliability and functionality of my Tesla. That said, my Lucid is so much more fun to drive and feels so much better in the cockpit. My software issues are mostly with the entertainment system - no real Sirius and I lose all sound in the car and have to stop and reset the system, which is very annoying. I thought that part of the equation would have been the simplest to get right. Also not being able to set to charge at home at exactly midnight to take advantage of the cheap rates seems a ridiculously easy fix. Sure seems with all the layoffs at big tech companies there should be many available code writers out there.....
But, those are only annoyances - the car is awesome in very other way.

lucid-air-2022-21-drivers-seat-front-passenger-seat-front-row-interior-sedan-steering-wheel-scaled.jpg

Think of this, but that gauge cluster is above the pilot panel, and the screen above the pilot panel in the air is moved to the passenger side, and also mirrored to the driver side.

Back