Any Lucid owners who are previously Tesla owners? Curious about your thoughts on your experience and if you prefer Lucid

Hm. Even though the steering wheel blocks my view of large parts of the instrument cluster, I'd still prefer having it directly in front of me...but it'll be interesting to see what they decide in the end.

Hm. Even though the steering wheel blocks my view of large parts of the instrument cluster, I'd still prefer having it directly in front of me...but it'll be interesting to see what they decide in the end.
Not saying the gauge should be moved to the center. Now that outboard curved screen(shorter one above the pilot panel currently) will be the gauge, and the taller one(currently the gauge) is the navigation/music/etc one. The reason I think this is because SUVs should have entertainment, right?

Lucid better, much better. But that is probably bc closer to ground is always better, bigger tires with higher clearance usually gets quality degraded. I never drove R1T. Some said R1T rides better than R1S because longer wheel base.
The Navigator has much more body lean and roll but is quieter than my DE and very comfortable on the highway. Also, ACC works much better.

I also did find it has a "sport tuned" air suspension. Being an suv, that would make sense.

As for the glass cockpit, I have a cool idea. What if we had a full dashboard screen? Imagine the air's screen, but stretched. That would mean the tallest screen would be in the middle, and the passenger/driver would get the "smaller" screen, or relative to the air, the screen that is above the pilot panel. So two "above pilot panel" display, one for each front seat person, and the big/tall screen(gague cluster in the air) would be the center screen! One can hope.

(my apologies if this makes no sense)
Personally, I wouldn’t mind keeping it close to what it is now, but adding a HUD. The current display just works.

The Navigator has much more body lean and roll but is quieter than my DE and very comfortable on the highway. Also, ACC works much better.
Its quieter? Is the ride quality better than the lucid in a passenger focused view?

*Et meaning it already ended
If you really are in high school, I admire kids who are into cars. I think most of us here probably were into cars growing up. The obsession never really goes away, it just gets more expensive. I’m pretty sure must of the cars we grew up with were muscle cars and VWs, that you could work on. I don’t know many hobbyists that know how tinker with EVS. Anyways, stay in school, make a bundle, buy a fun car.

If you really are in high school, I admire kids who are into cars. I think most of us here probably were into cars growing up. The obsession never really goes away, it just gets more expensive. I’m pretty sure must of the cars we grew up with were muscle cars and VWs, that you could work on. I don’t know many hobbyists that know how tinker with EVS. Anyways, stay in school, make a bundle, buy a fun car.
Of course, the lucid will be the first choice. Perhaps the smaller model. And since I was three I was obsessed lol

The r1s waiting time is the main reason my family is waiting for the gravity instead.
Current wait time is like 3.5~4 years. You have better chance getting Gravity higher trim earlier than R1S. Unless Rivian can ramp up 50k unit a year.

I Turo Navigator couple years ago in Orlando, I was able to squeeze 2 families of 5 adults, 2 teens & 2 kiddies in. It was a real people mover. 😂
And I like the interior too.

I Turo Navigator couple years ago in Orlando, I was able to squeeze 2 families of 5 adults, 2 teens & 2 kiddies in. It was a real people mover. 😂
And I like the interior too.
You can do more than that in the lucid! 2 people in the frunk, as @hydbob showed, 5 people in the cabin, with perhaps one more being able to fit under the legs of the 2nd row passengers, and one limbless seat in the trunk, for a total of 9!

You can do more than that in the lucid! 2 people in the frunk, as @hydbob showed, 5 people in the cabin, with perhaps one more being able to fit under the legs of the 2nd row passengers, and one limbless seat in the trunk, for a total of 9!
Maybe 9 leprechauns. 🧐

I have actual proof of a body in the Frunk, don't ask me how I know :cool:
My wife recorded me coming out of frunk as Jack-in-the-box and sent to my kid in college. I did that in both Air and R1S. Both have big enough frunk. You cannot do that in Tesla not bc it is small, also bc there is no hydraulic arms and internal frunk open button.

Last edited:
agreed no problems.
Software is still not production quality. ACC and lane keeping still have bugs. Way too many little issues and it's been well over a year now.

Software is still not production quality. ACC and lane keeping still have bugs. Way too many little issues and it's been well over a year now.
I used ACC for 150 miles today and it was flawless.

I used ACC for 150 miles today and it was flawless.
It will not stop if all of the traffic in front has stopped. It doesn't pick up any motion queues.

Been this way for over a year.

Back