Any Lucid owners who are previously Tesla owners? Curious about your thoughts on your experience and if you prefer Lucid

I found the wireless charger is useless with iPhone Pro Max and I have push it and damage the leather case of the phone without any results of charging! I personally did not like the center console of Lucid. Once you slide that cover out, you will find all cheap scratched plastic underneath!
Lucid’s wireless charger is kinda fussy. Previously I had an iPhone Pro Max, and it will only charge when it is not fully inserted. Had to be pulled back a bit.
The current phone is iPhone Pro (not Max), and I still need to figure out how much to insert it to get the wireless charging to work.

The backup plan is to keep a USB-C to lightning cable always plugged in and ready. :)

• 3/4 of my Teslas have a weird smell when A/C kicks on. Kinda like smelly feet. I've been told by Tesla that this is normal. I can't fathom how?
OMG! Thank you so much for posting this. I thought it was just me in my Model X. I would leave the windows down in the garage overnight to let it air out.

Sold now and happily enjoying the new car smell of the Lucid.

As someone who has never owned a Tesla, and has both a Model S and a Lucid Touring on order, I really appreciate this thread. I found the 2022 Model S to be quiet, and I thought the air suspension did a good job. I found the Lucid quiet and comfortable as well. As I've only had relatively quick test drives in both, it's hard for me to compare the cabin/road noise, along with the ride quality, between the two vehicles. The comments from those with longer-term experience with both has been invaluable.

Looking over the pricing, I'd be paying slightly more for the Lucid. Model S is $104,990, plus $2,000 for the interior color I selected. Add destination of $1,200 and order fee of $250, total $108,440. Lucid Touring is $95,000 (original price), plus $4,500 roof, $10,000 DDP, $4,000 Surreal Surround Sound, $1,650 destination (living in Phoenix I wish I could just pop down to Casa Grande and get it), and $75 doc. fee, total $115,225. Lucid comes with the possibility of receiving the $7,500 tax rebate, minimizing the $6,785 cost difference. Not to be lost in all this is that I'd have DDP, where with the Tesla order FSD would tack on another $15,000.

In 120 plus comments on this thread, if you discount the software struggles pre-2.0.x, there's an overwhelming consensus that the Lucid is the superior car. I'd just hope that the Touring is put together as well as the higher-end models and continues to compare favorably with Tesla.

With the Touring announcement today, advantage Lucid at this point.

As someone who has never owned a Tesla, and has both a Model S and a Lucid Touring on order, I really appreciate this thread. I found the 2022 Model S to be quiet, and I thought the air suspension did a good job. I found the Lucid quiet and comfortable as well. As I've only had relatively quick test drives in both, it's hard for me to compare the cabin/road noise, along with the ride quality, between the two vehicles. The comments from those with longer-term experience with both has been invaluable.

Looking over the pricing, I'd be paying slightly more for the Lucid. Model S is $104,990, plus $2,000 for the interior color I selected. Add destination of $1,200 and order fee of $250, total $108,440. Lucid Touring is $95,000 (original price), plus $4,500 roof, $10,000 DDP, $4,000 Surreal Surround Sound, $1,650 destination (living in Phoenix I wish I could just pop down to Casa Grande and get it), and $75 doc. fee, total $115,225. Lucid comes with the possibility of receiving the $7,500 tax rebate, minimizing the $6,785 cost difference. Not to be lost in all this is that I'd have DDP, where with the Tesla order FSD would tack on another $15,000.

In 120 plus comments on this thread, if you discount the software struggles pre-2.0.x, there's an overwhelming consensus that the Lucid is the superior car. I'd just hope that the Touring is put together as well as the higher-end models and continues to compare favorably with Tesla.

With the Touring announcement today, advantage Lucid at this point.

What sets the Lucid above the Tesla Model S is that its interior cabin design was not held hostage by the whims and quixotic prerogatives of a bro-dude idiot engineering genius, burdened as he is with the emotional maturity of a kid in junior high.

Our Model S was in many ways state of the art when we took purchase of it in mid-2017. I loved it then, and I maintain a fondness for it now. But my Lucid Air GT now, smokes it in every way.

Specs on paper aside, I am curious about the actual day to day experience. From what I gathered, Lucid's software is clunky.

How are people's user experience with the app?

Do people generally prefer Tesla over Lucid? Anyone who has much better experience owning Lucid over Tesla?
I have owned two Tesla Model Ss - My experience with the first Tesla was fantastic delivery, well-orchestrated, and excellent service. Then Tesla launched the Model Y, which took off, and I believe that they became overwhelmed and decided to cut costs, so it was like dealing with another company. My second delivery experience was awful. I had an appointment to pick it up, but when I got to the location, I had to sit in a waiting room, and they practically threw the keys at me.

The service and support department eliminated any way to speak with a human being about an issue - you had to use the application to communicate in any way. In year 3, my battery ultimately died and needed to be replaced. It took four weeks to replace it; they gave me a filthy loaner. To add insult to injury, when I picked up my vehicle, they let it sit outside, which was also filthy. When I used the app to communicate how poorly the car looked when I picked it up, they said, "we have a car wash; just bring it back." - Really!

I leased the cars, so when it came time to return the car, I couldn't get any info on where to return it or how to return it, again no way to speak to anyone. You can leave a voicemail, but they never call you back. So for one month now, I have tried to return the car to no avail.

After my experience with the battery failure, I decided Tesla was not for me. I have driven luxury vehicles for the past 35 years. While I knew Tesla lacked some of the bells and whistles that are standard today in most luxury vehicles, it offered some other things that I felt were worth the trade-offs. I never thought the service level they provided at the start would degrade so dramatically.

I was a total fan of the company when it first came out, but they lost me as a customer for now. My experience with Lucid has been great so far. My car has issues described elsewhere on this forum, but Lucid is proactively working with me to fix them.

I have owned two Tesla Model Ss - My experience with the first Tesla was fantastic delivery, well-orchestrated, and excellent service. Then Tesla launched the Model Y, which took off, and I believe that they became overwhelmed and decided to cut costs, so it was like dealing with another company. My second delivery experience was awful. I had an appointment to pick it up, but when I got to the location, I had to sit in a waiting room, and they practically threw the keys at me.

The service and support department eliminated any way to speak with a human being about an issue - you had to use the application to communicate in any way. In year 3, my battery ultimately died and needed to be replaced. It took four weeks to replace it; they gave me a filthy loaner. To add insult to injury, when I picked up my vehicle, they let it sit outside, which was also filthy. When I used the app to communicate how poorly the car looked when I picked it up, they said, "we have a car wash; just bring it back." - Really!

I leased the cars, so when it came time to return the car, I couldn't get any info on where to return it or how to return it, again no way to speak to anyone. You can leave a voicemail, but they never call you back. So for one month now, I have tried to return the car to no avail.

After my experience with the battery failure, I decided Tesla was not for me. I have driven luxury vehicles for the past 35 years. While I knew Tesla lacked some of the bells and whistles that are standard today in most luxury vehicles, it offered some other things that I felt were worth the trade-offs. I never thought the service level they provided at the start would degrade so dramatically.

I was a total fan of the company when it first came out, but they lost me as a customer for now. My experience with Lucid has been great so far. My car has issues described elsewhere on this forum, but Lucid is proactively working with me to fix them.
This sums up my experience with Tesla Model X delivery. It was very poor, and this experience was a month before LUCID GT delivery. I think Tesla has matured over last 10 years with software compared to Lucid's 2.x. but give Lucid a break, we know how BAD Tesla was at the same age. Luxury in Lucid is many miles ahead, in my opinion Tesla is just software on wheels and some fancy steering wheel in Model X and a large screen at back.

I’ve owned 6 Teslas since 2016, all 3 models in their performance variants. This is my second attempt at trying something else. I had a BMW M3 for a few days and couldn’t go back to an ICE car. For me, both Lucid and Tesla are great car, miles ahead of any established automakers EVs, however given the 10 year market advantage for Tesla they have a slight edge in features and software

What I like about the Tesla:
1. Software, interface is just next level. Mostly bug free and Nothing comes close to the ease of use.
2. Little touches like Sentry mode, dash cam, Theater, suspension height raise with location make a difference day to day.
3. Superchargers are highly reliable and everywhere. I’ve had zero issues charging so far.
What I like about the Lucid:
1. Interior and exterior design and quality is like a luxury car should be. Not to mention the space
2. I’ve like the customer service so far and sales team too. They really seem to care.
3. The drive is great. It handles like a sports car.

I have owned two Tesla Model Ss - My experience with the first Tesla was fantastic delivery, well-orchestrated, and excellent service. Then Tesla launched the Model Y, which took off, and I believe that they became overwhelmed and decided to cut costs, so it was like dealing with another company. My second delivery experience was awful.

This is not too far off the differences in our experiences with our first Tesla (a 2015 Model S P90D) and our second Tesla (a Model S Plaid).

Service and software issues aside, as a driving machine and passenger conveyance, the Lucid easily trounces our Teslas: better ride, better handling, more structural solidity, quieter interior, more luxury features, and considerably more interior space. While the Model S Plaid is a tick quicker, both the Tesla and the Lucid serve up performance levels well beyond what you can use on public roads. If you are in a mood or situation where you want to call up all the power both cars offer, you actually get more out of the Lucid because its front end stays better planted than the Tesla and you can stay deep in the throttle longer.

Now that I have my Touring, I can respond to this thread.

First, I am coming off three years with a Model 3. Not really a fair comparison, given the pricing differences between these two cars, but here are my thoughts:

I'll give Tesla kudos on the following:

- Supercharging network. I had zero issues using any chargers in the three years I had my Tesla. I didn't take as many road trips as I normally would have (thanks to COVID) but I feel I got a fair sense of the reliability of the network
- OTA updates. They are regular. As in every month or so, at least.
- Reliability. I had no major issues whatsoever with the car, as far as it leaving me stranded anywhere, software glitching to the point where I could not drive, etc.
- Cost of ownership. In three years, the only things I paid for was windshield washer fluid and the occasional supercharge. And once I punctured my tire, but that was my fault. (Ran over a nail.) And once I had to replace my air filters and have the HVAC system flushed. This was a known issue, where the car would smell like dirty socks when you got in it in the morning. But Tesla still charged me for the service. (More on service below.)

Overall, it was a fine car that got me where I was going reliably. It was plenty fast enough for me (I had the long range, not the performance) and it handled well enough. Mostly, I was just thrilled to be converted to EV for life. No way I'd go back to an ICE car ever again. So credit to them for making that happen.

I'll knock off points for Tesla for the following:

- Software. Everyone thinks Tesla is way ahead of the pack on software design, but I can't agree with this. Much of the UI was actually better before last year's big UI update. Far too many items I need regularly are buried in tabs that don't often make sense. And then they move those items for no apparent reason. The icon design also reminds me of Windows 2000 or Android, which (sorry Android folks) is not a compliment. The software is reliable for the most part. But it's not good design. And it's certainly not elegant.
- Autopilot / FSD. Back when I got my car, FSD was "only" $6k, so I sprang for it. Mostly because I was curious, and I do think the pursuit of autonomous driving is something we should do as a people, even if I think it's still a decade away. The way Tesla is going about the development of this software, however, is reckless. None of the features of FSD are ready for prime time. None. And in the three years of regular updates where YouTubers swore "this was the BIG update" it never got better. Not even a little.
- Phantom braking. This is technically part of the above bullet, but it deserves it's own space of shame. I literally gave up on using cruise control at all because phantom braking was so common. I could not drive for more than 5 minutes on most highways without the car slamming its brakes for no reason. Zero effort was made to fix this issue, or even acknowledge its existence. Criminal, to be frank, that they are not addressing this. Friends tell me their cars "Don't do that as much." But I have yet to meet a Tesla owner who has never experienced it.
- Service. Thank goodness, I had very few occasions to use service. Because Tesla's service is not good. I already mentioned getting charged for replacing an air filter that was only a year old and smelled like a wet socks. This was a widely discussed and acknowleged issue they eventually fixed with the Model Y. But they still charged me. They also tried to convince me I needed all new tires at less than 15k miles. (I never did end up having to replace them, and they still have tread.) Then, when my steering wheel started shaking at speeds above 75 mph or so (clearly a problem with wheel balance) Tesla claimed nothing was wrong with my car. I let the service rep take it out on the highway himself, but he came back reporting no issues. Of course, he said, he was not allowed to drive my car over the speed limit, so there was no way for him to experience the problem over 75 mph. So essentially I was left with a fast car that felt like crap when it was driven fast.

For Lucid, I can only speak to my limited first week of experience.

- Software. I've had zero issues with clunkiness in the software so far. I get things were bad before 2.0. I get some folks are still experiencing gremlins after 2.0. Can't say any of that is happening to me yet. Fobs, phone key, both working fine. No dropouts on streaming music. No crashes or odd behavior. Also, I just think the design of Lucid's OS is more intuitive and far better looking than anything Tesla produces. It's not perfect. I can think of some things I'd change, for sure. But I don't have any trouble finding things.
- The 360 camera view is worth the price of DDPro, as far as I'm concerned.
-Speaking of DDPro: Highway assist is wonderful. Zero issues with phantom braking. If someone cuts in front of me, the car gently slows until it gets back to its designated follow distance. Lance centering works great, too. Puts me right in the center of the lane. No auto-changing lanes yet, but I hated that feature on the Tesla, anyway, because it was constantly wanting to change lanes when I wouldn't. Just flip the turn signal on, wait two or three blinks, and the wheel releases to let you take over and pull into the next lane. Once you are in the center of that lane, the car takes over again. Perfectly smooth every time. Sure, there's no assist for city streets yet, but look up my several posts on how terrible that feature is in Boulder on the Tesla if you want my opinion on how little I miss that.
- Materials. The Air is a better built car. Period. I couldn't find any paint issues. All my panels are looking lined up enough to me. The interior leather and wood are miles ahead of Tesla. And the back seat is just no contest. I almost wish I had a chauffeur so I could spend more time back there.
- Handling. The Model 3 is a good handling car. The Air is just worlds better in every way. Endless power. Super easy to chuck it into corners. Saves you from your own stupidity better than it should be able to. I am never going to stop smiling when driving this car.
- Charging: EA has its known issues. But so far, I've had a good experience at my local station. And it's free for the next three years. (Tesla gave me some "free" miles for using a friend's referral code when buying. But they expired after six months, so I never got a chance to use them.) Charging at home is easy as well. We'll have to see if I miss the supercharging network. But I do already like not having to carry around an adapter just to charge at the variety of stations available here.

Overall, I can't say the Tesla didn't serve me well. I get why there are many satisfied drivers of the brand. But I sought out a different brand myself for a reason. And Lucid so far is living up to my expectations and then some. Time will tell.

I have had two Model S ( a P85 and a P100D) and drove the first one over 80k miles and the second one over 120k miles. I chose not to get another Tesla due to their service. Their service is horrible. Here is my Tesla motto: " you love your Tesla until you have issues then you hate your Tesla " My car was plagued with sensor issues that were random and Tesla couldn't figure them out and wanted to charge me even though my car was under warranty. I believe the best quality car Tesla made was the P85+. It seems like the quality just kept dropping further and further after that car.

My AGT is not perfect. It has creaking noises and some materials that I think are like snap-ons (reminds me of my snap-on models when I was a kid). But the ride as everyone says is amazing and I like that their customer service will answer back unlike Tesla. For a long time, calling the Tesla customer service line put you on a non-stop loop that got you no where.

Now that I have my Touring, I can respond to this thread.

First, I am coming off three years with a Model 3. Not really a fair comparison, given the pricing differences between these two cars, but here are my thoughts:

That was a truly excellent recount of your experiences with the two EV brands. While my experience has differed from yours in certain particulars, the overall thrust of what you lay out left you parked almost exactly where I am in comparing the two brands after 7 years of owning two Teslas and 1 year of Lucid ownership.

Has anyone done a full indepth comparison between the 2 car's suspension systems?
I've heard the air suspension in Tesla/Mercedes EQS are good and you barely feel the road.

Lucid didn't go with air suspension, I'm curious how the difference feels?

Has anyone done a full indepth comparison between the 2 car's suspension systems?
I've heard the air suspension in Tesla/Mercedes EQS are good and you barely feel the road.

Lucid’s suspension is pretty magical, tbh - I don’t know how they got it as good as they did with coils. But I’ll let others who have had Teslas respond; from people I’ve spoken to, they prefer the suspension and handling of the Lucid, despite it not being air. The one thing you lose is the ability to change ride height, but you gain lots in handling.

We are on our second Tesla Model S, both with air suspensions. The first was a 2015 with 19" wheels, and we now have a Plaid with 21" wheels and the newest (Raven) generation of their air suspension. Thus the Plaid's suspension gives us the cleanest base of comparison to Lucid's coil spring setup.

Both cars' suspensions are tuned to a certain degree for performance driving, but Lucid pulls the feat off much better than Tesla. Where the Lucid hits the sweet spot of good ride compliance and precise handling, the Tesla rides more like a buckboard with a sense of skittishness in quick maneuvers. Also, the Lucid's front end stays much more planted under hard acceleration than the Tesla's. The Lucid reminds me of the coil spring suspensions I had in three Audi R8's: firm and precise, but compliant. The Tesla reminds me of a Corvette I had some years ago: an overly stiff setup designed to counter the inherent "springiness" of a body with weak torsional stiffness.

The only disadvantage of the Lucid's setup is that it cannot adjust ride height for those whose driveways present a problem for the low-slung Lucid.

I've posted at length about this elsewhere on this forum, but a lot of people misunderstand what air suspensions bring and don't bring to the party. One of the things they bring is hysteresis lag, which slows the speed and precision of their response compared to coil spring suspensions. It's one of the reasons that most ultra-high performance and racing cars stay with coil springs.

In my view -- as well as my experience driving both types of suspensions in high-end cars -- a well-engineered coil spring suspension can match a well-engineered air suspension in ride compliance while beating it in handling precision.

And the Lucid suspension is very, very well-engineered . . . perhaps because Peter Rawlinson cut his chops at two storied suspension houses: Jaguar and Lotus.

Ugh, sorry, I'm too verbose. This turned in to a bit of a wall of text...

TL/DR: Long-time Tesla customer, and their service is the main reason why I no longer want my Model S.

QUICK AND DIRTY:

Model S (P100D)
Pros:
  • Supercharging network is fantastic, and I've never once had an issue at any charging station. I live in a very EV-unfriendly part of the country tho, so YMMV.
  • After 70K miles, only ever had two issues, one major, one minor.
  • Software is rock-solid. Native navigation system is the best in any car.
Cons:
  • At the time, this was your only option for EVs so you just accept the horrible fit/finish.
  • After 70K miles, I hope to never have to "text" Tesla service ever again.
  • Software UI has taken a major step back. For example, the ability to quickly navigate the HVAC system has been ruined, but thankfully we have great features like "Joe Mode".
GT Air
Pros:
  • Comfy, quite, and solid.
  • Handles better than my Model S. Like, WAY better. Maybe it's because the car is a full 1,000 lbs heavier? Dunno, but I would swear they lied to me when they said the suspension was just springs.
  • Range is a game-changer for monthly road trip (would have to stop and charge in the Tesla, not in the GT).
Cons:
  • I've got that windshield laminating issue where headlights are "ghosted". However, I had really shitty LASIK surgery 25 years ago and already have ghosted vision, so... I don't notice it. Had to take a video and look at it on my phone to confirm it existed haha.
  • Software isn't there yet. Two major gripes is activating the HVAC from the app takes 1-2 minutes at times (usually waiting for the car to wake up), and not being able to have nav and audio available at the same time.
  • I'm 6'4" and thus even if I put the seat all the way to the floor, the part of the windscreen that transitions from clear to tinted is like riiiiight above the center of my vision. Makes driving at night kind of annoying. They also put this huge, black sun visor smack-dab in the middle of the windshield which IMO kinda ruins the whole purpose of having that giant windshield in the first place. Once I figure out how to unmount that thing from the windshield, I'm putting it in the trash.
THE NARRITAVE:

I've had two Model S's. First one I got was in February of 2013. It was a very early number (sub-3,000) and I was one of the first poeple to take delivery of a Tesla in my state. Although I live within an hour of Chicago, I'm located in Indiana. The Chicagoland sales/service center was shoehorned in a terrible location in the City, and I actually took delivery of my vehicle out of a dingy warehouse. Didn't care, because after waiting several years, I finally had a Tesla. That car had its share of problems from a squeaky sunroof (the "summer squeak" they called it) to alignment issues, to the emergency break failing to safe mode in my garage making the car undrivable. Each time I had an issue, they would send someone remote from Chicago within a day or two to fix the issue.

Fast-forward to December 2015, I decide I'm going to upgrade to another Model S, a P100D. I traded in the old S85 (it only had about 30K miles on it) and In the beginning, the car was great. The Supercharger network had really grown since '13, and we drove the car all the way down to San Antonio, Texas and all the way up to Bar Harbor, Maine. Zero issues with charging, but this was before the Model 3 was released so Superchargrers were still pretty uncrowded. However great the car was, the service was something else. One of the radar sensors went bad which had to be replaced, and the heater core burned itself out which also had to be replaced. Neither time was I offered the ability for mobile service. When I had to get the heater core replaced, the earliest I could make an appointment was two weeks. We were approaching the end of the cold season so it was bareable to drive my short commute without a heater. The day before I'm supposed to take the car up to Chicago, a huge spring storm rolls through and knocks the power out at the service center. They texted me that night to reschedule, and much to my dismay, I had to wait another two weeks. They were unwilling/unable to slot me in the following day and the person I was texting with was like 'ya sorry'. There's no number you can call to actually speak to a person (at least none that I could ever find) and you're pretty much at the mercy of the person you're texting.

About a month ago, I was driving home during an ice storm that rolled through a week before Thanksgiving. The car lost tracting while going around a corner, and I slammed in to the crub. Ended up shearing the tie rod on the front right wheel, as well as doing some very minor damange to the fender. Unfortunately, Tesla will not allow you to have your car worked on at just any body shop, you have to have it worked on by an authorized body shop. This meant that I had to have the car flat-bed trailered up to Chicago. Their reasoning being that "the car is aluminum" and no one but a Tesla-trained body shop can work on aluminum cars or something like that. Fine, whatever. Problem is, the car has been up in Chicago for over a month waiting on parts. The body shop originally said "10-14 days" and now they're saying "we'll let you know when we get the parts".

I had already been toying with the idea of getting a new car. My father had just taken delivery of an EQS, and I was pretty impressed with the quality of the vehicle. I hadn't really done much reasearch in to Lucid, and fell down a rather deep rabbit hole for several weeks before pulling the trigger. I finalized the order of my vehicle on a Tuesday, and on that Friday, was driving a new GT out of the Chicago showroom. Since Lucid doesn't have a trade-in program yet, I figure the Tesla can sit up at the body shop until the parts finally come in and I'll just sell it privately.

The car has been great so far. I hadn't known how bad the Tesla had gotten until I drove the Lucid. I can fully appreciate that after putting 70K miles on a car, it's going to be "well lived in" but holy cow this car is tight. It's comfy, my wife and kids love riding in it (massaging seats are going to end up costing me another Lucid I fear), and this thing handles so much nicer than my Tesla ever did. Sure, there are some software nits that need addressing (like how the six choices for "interior colors" are blue, blue, blue, grey-blue, grey, and red), but reading thru these forums I've yet to not find several other owners squwaking about the same issues. I have no doubt that Lucid will "fix" these issues.

Case-in-point, I was having some bugs with Tidal/Spotify streaming. In the two software updates that I've been pushed since taking delivery a scant two weeks ago, these bugs have been squashed. That gives me great confidence in things to come.

Only tangential to the subject at hand - I just got bested by a lowly Tesla Model Y Performance. He leaned into his throttle longer than I dared (I was in Smooth mode unfortunately), and beat me to the next red light where he made sure I had to slow down behind him to make the same right turn.

My ego is bruised. I feel utterly defeated, humiliated and inadequate. To think I was bested in a drag race by a car, made by the detestable Elon Musk no less, costing half as much as mine.

Just infuriating. I’m still steamed up.

Last edited:
Only tangential to the subject at hand - I just got bested by a lowly Tesla Model Y Performance. He leaned into his throttle longer than I dared (I was in Smooth mode unfortunately), and beat me to the next red light where he made sure I had to slow down behind him to make the same right turn.

My ego is bruised. I feel utterly defeated, humiliated and inadequate. To think I was bested in a drag race by a car, made by the detestable Elon Musk no less, costing half as much as mine.

Just infuriating. I’m still steamed up.
😝

Lucid is ahead for sure. Their adaptive damping on 20" wheels in Swift is somehow better than the MS Plaid with 19"s on Comfort

They also put this huge, black sun visor smack-dab in the middle of the windshield which IMO kinda ruins the whole purpose of having that giant windshield in the first place. Once I figure out how to unmount that thing from the windshield, I'm putting it in the trash.
I've read this sentiment a couple times on this forum. Is the windshield tint sufficient to (literally) drive into the sunset?

To think I was bested in a drag race by a car, made by the detestable Elon Musk no less, costing half as much as mine.
You bring up a good point. Raw acceleration has been truly commoditized by EVs. I've felt for a while that at some threshold 0-60 stays relevant only to those carrying stopwatches. Cars like Lucid/EQS/etc will have to justify their high cost on other grounds...

Back