Any Grand Touring 0-60 numbers?

tmilone103

Verified Owner
I can't find any confirmed 0-60 times... Have any Grand Tourning's been tested in the 0-60 range?

How do you know?

That is the manufacture's published number. I have not seen real world private tests yet since GTs are just coming out now and any test before this would have been preproduction models

That is what Lucid mentioned but I was looking for any confirmed testing results? I see lots of manufactures claim one thing but when testing they don't do the same thing so I was looking for any confirmation. I have the 2022 Tesla Model S Long Range which claims 3.1 but in order to achieve that you need to put it in Track Mode and wait 15 minutes or so for the car to prepare itself to do that launch. I was hoping someone might have tested one to get real world verified times.

There are many variables and it's hard to imagine that a few tenths one way or the other are noticeable at all. Prepared track surface? Warm tires? 1-foot rollout? Etc.

That is what Lucid mentioned but I was looking for any confirmed testing results? I see lots of manufactures claim one thing but when testing they don't do the same thing so I was looking for any confirmation. I have the 2022 Tesla Model S Long Range which claims 3.1 but in order to achieve that you need to put it in Track Mode and wait 15 minutes or so for the car to prepare itself to do that launch. I was hoping someone might have tested one to get real world verified times.

It doesn't give you a direct answer, but for comparison purposes, the Air Dream P was real world tested. Lucid rated it as 2.5 sec and it did it in 2.93. There's obviously many factors, driver skill, temperature of tires, track etc but gives you a benchmark

I think Lucid compares pretty favorably to even the Tesla Plaid for unexpected red light competition on regular streets. Also, I think it excels at things like 50 - 80 acceleration compared to most vehicles. I really like the balance.

It doesn't give you a direct answer, but for comparison purposes, the Air Dream P was real world tested. Lucid rated it as 2.5 sec and it did it in 2.93. There's obviously many factors, driver skill, temperature of tires, track etc but gives you a benchmark

I think Lucid compares pretty favorably to even the Tesla Plaid for unexpected red light competition on regular streets. Also, I think it excels at things like 50 - 80 acceleration compared to most vehicles. I really like the balance.
Yeah, I've see that test and on the 3rd run their best speed was 2.88 verse the published 2.5. Being different motors on the Grand Touring I am not sure if the difference would be the same. Hopefully some get their GT's and do some testing to get some real world numbers for comparison.

Yeah, I've see that test and on the 3rd run their best speed was 2.88 verse the published 2.5. Being different motors on the Grand Touring I am not sure if the difference would be the same. Hopefully some get their GT's and do some testing to get some real world numbers for comparison.
On that test, they did the Plaid also, what was the difference in the same weather/track conditions?

On that test, they did the Plaid also, what was the difference in the same weather/track conditions?
The test I saw there was no plaid tested...

But I have seen plenty of Model S Plaid Tests in the 2.01 to 2.2 range

That is the manufacture's published number. I have not seen real world private tests yet since GTs are just coming out now and any test before this would have been preproduction models
Thanks Good info

On that test they also didn’t precondition the battery, so that may be the difference too.

Didn’t he say they had some fairly strong headwinds too? Or am I thinking of a different video.

On that test they also didn’t precondition the battery, so that may be the difference too.
I have been told by one of the Lucid employees that the motor in the GT is the same as the DE but just programmed differently. Personally, I would have bought the DE but the colors of the interior and exterior
were not some that I would like. My C8 Corvette is 0-60 in 2.9 so pretty much the same.

I have been told by one of the Lucid employees that the motor in the GT is the same as the DE but just programmed differently. Personally, I would have bought the DE but the colors of the interior and exterior
were not some that I would like. My C8 Corvette is 0-60 in 2.9 so pretty much the same.
The DE is pretty different from the GT. It has different motors and more battery cells. I also believe the suspension has slightly different tuning to compensate for the difference in torque, though the brakes felt almost exactly the same.

I can't find any confirmed 0-60 times... Have any Grand Tourning's been tested in the 0-60 range?
MotorTrend claims a 3.0sec 0-60 time for the GT in the CoTY video:

I believe this includes a 12” rollout, which would make the full 0-60 closer to ~3.3sec.

One thing I’ll note is that both the DE and GT have absolutely fantastic 50->100 acceleration. I never felt any power lacking on either of them and would guess the DE can easily hold close to a Plaid in the midrange.

It has different motors and more battery cells.
Both the DE and GT have 6600 battery cells and according to the EPA filings both have the same individual cell capacity and voltage. Lucid also states the DE total battery capacity at 118 kWhr and the GT battery capacity at 112 kWhr. There is likely a difference between battery cell suppliers with Samsung supplying the DE and LG Chem supplying the GT. Nobody here knows for sure if there is a different chemistry between the two that allows higher current and less battery buffer to enable higher performance and greater available battery capacity on the DE.

Both the DE and GT have 6600 battery cells and according to the EPA filings both have the same individual cell capacity and voltage. Lucid also states the DE total battery capacity at 118 kWhr and the GT battery capacity at 112 kWhr. There is likely a difference between battery cell suppliers with Samsung supplying the DE and LG Chem supplying the GT. Nobody here knows for sure if there is a different chemistry between the two that allows higher current and less battery buffer to enable higher performance and greater available battery capacity on the DE.
Thanks, good info

Back